Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2005, 02:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
well, no manson- the adventure only came in the petrol variant.
veyron1...i think mason was right....adventure did come with a diesel option too...chk this out http://www.ipan.com/PRESS/2003march/1403fiat.htm

Cheers!!!
Old 4th June 2005, 02:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
veyron1...i think mason was right....adventure did come with a diesel option too...chk this out
Cheers!!!

whoopsie....!!! sorry.... i seem to be forgetting quite a few things nowadays... but if i am not wrong, the diesel version was soon discontinued- the powerplant was retained for the palio, and the adventure petrol continued for a while, before it stopped production....
Old 4th June 2005, 09:04   #18
BHPian

by the way, similar article in today's times too...business section....but they have mentioned FIAT is looking at bringing in the PUNTO and the IDEA. might take around 1.5 years though.

p.s.
can anyone please find out (members who have spoken to and know any FIAT employees) if and when the Adventure will also be launched with the Diesel engine?

we really need some clear information on the diesel adventure.
Old 4th June 2005, 09:53   #19
BHPian

One good thing about FIAT (unlike say HM), they understand that the 'image' problem of the company being a liability and sell their cars at lower rates than they deserve.
Old 4th June 2005, 10:14   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Merve,

I dont mean to sound overtly pessimistic, but one article and a handful of statements from the new leader make you believe that Fiat is here to stay!! What else do you expect him to say at the launch of yet another new model?

At the end of the day, its the numbers that count. And not a casual statement or two in a press release of an article.

Quote:

Asked if the parent company, Fiat Italy, would provide additional funds, Castagna said over Rs 2,000 crore (Rs 20 billion) has already been pumped into the Indian unit, in which it has over 99 per cent stake.
Very polite way to saying "NO", they wont be pumping any money into the Indian unit.

GTO
Old 4th June 2005, 14:47   #21
BHPian

Hehehe I love the way any new discussion on Fiat sooner, rather than, later, degenerates into a discussion on the state of the company and the fate of its customers
Old 4th June 2005, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well the Palio Adventrue did have a petrol engine which it shared with the Palio 1.6 Gtx. But, i would have prefered it with a 1.9 D coz a petrol variant isn't really saying anything. On one side you don't get performance as good as the Palio Gtx bcoz of it's weight and mass, and on the other hand, the FE also suffers.

An Adventrue with a 1.9 D engine will do just fine. Relaxed driving with loads of low end torque. But, i'm still not impressed with the torque it produces, just 120nm from a 1.9. I'd have preffered it to be somewhere in the region of 175-190nm.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 4th June 2005 at 15:54.
Old 4th June 2005, 16:01   #23
BANNED

I love FIAT

Quote:
But, i would have prefered it with a 1.9 D
Shan this doesnot even qualify for you to test drive.. for you to test drive the car has to go under 10secs remember..LOL

I think the diesel variant is underpowered.. produces just 63bhp it would be better fiat introduce CRDi but it wont be before end 2006.. once spoke to a fiat dealer he told me that its stupid to use CRDi in india since it is very risky..LOL

Edit.. Please dont discuss on fiats ASS we have already ripped plenty of discussions already about it..

I dont understand why dont fiat car sell.. they are the only cars which are built so well and overall if you compare any car with it.. then fiat cars come out to be better.. its just that once they get their losses recovered and take right action that people will start buying their products..

Long live FIAT..

Last edited by Montoya : 4th June 2005 at 16:05. Reason: EDIT..
Old 4th June 2005, 17:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan this doesnot even qualify for you to test drive.. for you to test drive the car has to go under 10secs remember..LOL
That's for cars like the Swift. I bet the 1.6 Swift will be in the 10-11 sec bracket.

Anyway, I've already test driven the Adventure and i still feel it should have a 1.9 D.

Quote:
once spoke to a fiat dealer he told me that its stupid to use CRDi in india since it is very risky..LOL
Merc has been using it, Hyundai is using it and doesn't the Innova come with common rail injection too? So, whats their problem. Can't they just say "We don't want to launch it or we can't afford to launch it".

No point blaming the fuel quality coz other companies have proven that crdi can run in India.

Quote:
I dont understand why dont fiat car sell..
Fiat's guess is as good as yours. If they knew what the problem was, they'd have sorted it out by now.

Why can't they get the Panda? That's a nice car. And it comes with a AWD variant, i know you must think how can something as small as that do any offroading but, i've seen videos of it doing things and going places which can be called challenging, even for a Range Rover.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 4th June 2005 at 17:14.
Old 4th June 2005, 17:19   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Merc has been using it, Hyundai is using it and doesn't the Innova come with common rail injection too? So, whats their problem. Can't they just say "We don't want to launch it or we can't afford to launch it".

No point blaming the fuel quality coz other companies have proven that crdi can run in India
Thats what i told them and he also said about fuel.. ***..

Quote:
Fiat's guess is as good as yours. If they knew what the problem was, they'd have sorted it out by now.

Why can't they get the Panda
They very well know the problem and thats the ASS(no use of talking about it) atleast they should get their website running and also get their name back in the main Fiat directory.. Already in major losses what they will get Panda..
Old 4th June 2005, 17:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Merve,

I dont mean to sound overtly pessimistic, but one article and a handful of statements from the new leader make you believe that Fiat is here to stay!! What else do you expect him to say at the launch of yet another new model?

At the end of the day, its the numbers that count. And not a casual statement or two in a press release of an article.

Very polite way to saying "NO", they wont be pumping any money into the Indian unit.

GTO
yes i know that Fiat wont be dumping much money into India but i know that since they are atleast launching something and talking something that they will atleast try to stay and not run away like after 3 months.they are atleast going to be here for another 2-3 years for sure.it is the way we interpret it.i interpret it in the opposite direction of what you have done.i just hope that my direction is right.
Old 4th June 2005, 18:12   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I honestly hope that your direction is right too - whatever the odds may be.

GTO
Old 6th June 2005, 12:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Yep, you are right! But I don't expect things to turn around in a day or two after new business head takes over charge.
There is nothing exciting about having a new business head, but at least they are launching new products and going through reorganization. Next 3-6 months will tell where is Fiat heading to. So, better to wait and watch.
Old 6th June 2005, 12:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

if they stonk in a better turbo charged 1.9 litre dsl engine to adventure, it will be fun. oh, did i miss out on the 4x4 option too?

fiat india future is definitely bad, but i sincerely hope they do well to turn around atleast a little.
Old 6th June 2005, 12:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
.......... but at least they are launching new products and going through reorganization.
NEW????? Whats new?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks