Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX 44 59.46%
HM/Mitsubishi Lancer SFX 30 40.54%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2005, 12:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
Between the two, I'll take the Lancer. Then sell it off. Buy a 1.6GTX and will pocket the difference
but u will end up losing ur own money?

u have to buy whatever car from ur own money.this is not NFS Porsche evolution mode..........hehe

Last edited by merve_extreme : 7th June 2005 at 12:17.
Old 7th June 2005, 12:30   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Minardi,
what did you mean by that?
Old 7th June 2005, 12:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
Between the two, I'll take the Lancer. Then sell it off. Buy a 1.6GTX and will pocket the difference
Hey Minardi, with the difference, maybe, you can buy a used lancer and start modding it ;-)
Old 7th June 2005, 14:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai, you could get a 2001 base model palio (1.2) for the price of 2002 Maruti 800. This is the lowest resale value car. After going through the posts on FIAT PALIO, I really wonder why Palio was pushed to this stage in the market. May be it has scored among auto enthusiastic, but certainly not with the general public.

I like this car for its looks, built, space & colors ( performance after reading through the posts)

But its LANCER anyday for me as it has got killer looks
Old 7th June 2005, 15:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Minardi,
what did you mean by that?
I presumed my father-in-law has a Lancer and a GTX for me to choose from...
Old 7th June 2005, 16:35   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
We're talking stock on stock here... if you mod the Lancer, place the same mods on the 1.6, and then we'll talk. That car will eat the Lancer inside out. But yeah, the Lancer looks pretty hot when its got skirts and a spoiler... but finally, its how quick you can go, or how you wanna gewt there that will decide this one, na??

If you put the same mods on the Palio and the Lancer, the Palio will definitely be faster in a straight line, but the handling at high speeds is definitely not as good.

So if you only drag, then Palio.

But if you want a car that handles well at high speeds, the Lancer is in a completely different league altogether
Old 7th June 2005, 21:30   #37
BHPian

Well not so difficult id take the lancer home anyday its one hell of a machine always love lancers really reliable car wid decent performance!
Old 8th June 2005, 15:31   #38
BHPian

I have diesel version of both the cars and I would advice you to go for Lancer… Even though I find Fiat’s engine much smoother and quicker than Lancer but the over all quality of lancer is much better… My lancer which is more than 3 yrs old and Palio is just one yr old… but I need to take Palio more often to the service centre than the lancer for minor problem like Wiper, Headlight adjustments , Bulb fuse, Electric failures,etc… Quality of Lancer is far better than Palio … its more stable car … Its more comfortable… The FE is better than Palio inspite of being much bigger and heavier than Palio….
Old 9th June 2005, 18:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Lancer no doubt. Killing looks. More practical. And obviously one of the easiest cars to modify.
Old 13th June 2005, 13:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Both are good at their respective places.

Palio has that power which gives many other more expensive cars a run for power.it is built to last too.As a hatch too it looks hot.

Lancer is the best lookers still and can be modified as you want from a new engine to butterfly doors.It is still among the top three best handling cars in India namely OctaviaRS,Mondeo,lancer.Power is decent in 1.5 but zooms in invecs(you need to be a pro to use it to your advantage)

go for Palio if you are on a budget or the lance rif u want to get it modified.

cheers
Boyracer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks