HM/Mitsubishi Lancer SFX 30 40.54%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:19   #1
BHPian

Lancer SFX v/s Palio 1.6

What machinery would you buy...?
Lancer SFX, or the 1.6 GTX?

Fiat have had a really bad after sales image, and the Palio does not come with a boot, and can be a tad uncomfortable at the back at times.
The Lancer has a decent sorta ASS network, aminly cause its pretty much outdated, and its relatively easy to maintain. Also, its comfortable, looks decent, and had a boot. However, the Palio would leave it biting the dust even if it took it on in REVERSE...
But, the car handles well, and is decent around the city. The Palio has a slightly heavy steeringg and the clutch can be a bit hard too, esp. after driving the Honda City...

So, finally, what car wwouldd you buy...?
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

the lancer may not be as fast as the palio but does everything else far better than the fiat.there is no competition when looks,comfort,handling,reliability,fuel efficiency,appeal,size,brand,..........are considered.palio is a car good for its segment but nowhere near to the segments above.
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Even tho' the palio is one hell of a car, i'd take the Lancer anyday. It feels more masculine, sharp, more of a racerboy look..And with the mods, it moves to another level..
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=aveek]. the clutch can be a bit hard too, drQUOTE]
palio's clutch is harder than most diesel cars forget the petrol sippers.
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:31   #5
BHPian

[quote=.anshuman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
. the clutch can be a bit hard too, drQUOTE]
palio's clutch is harder than most diesel cars forget the petrol sippers.

Yeah??!! **** thats scary man!! I thought that it was a bit hard on my 1.2, but jeex, thats really bad!!

Unfortunately, the enthusiast in me still says Palio, cause I'mv ery happy with my stock 1.2, so imagine a 1.6 GTX!!!
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:31   #6
bhp
BHPian

lancer any day if u do not need the speed and a lancer can be easily modified and can lick the gtx anytime . but if u dont care about fe maintaince cost and need the speed then its blindly the gtx
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
lancer any day if u do not need the speed and a lancer can be easily modified and can lick the gtx anytime .
We're talking stock on stock here... if you mod the Lancer, place the same mods on the 1.6, and then we'll talk. That car will eat the Lancer inside out. But yeah, the Lancer looks pretty hot when its got skirts and a spoiler... but finally, its how quick you can go, or how you wanna gewt there that will decide this one, na??
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:41   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

my friend bought a used palio 1.2 elx mint condition,golden color,genuine 26000kms,not even a single panel painted,for Rs.150,000,its 2002 model..........what do you say?does it make sense buying a new palio for more than 4 lakhs when swift is around?????
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

To Anshuman: Well it is a matter of choice dude. I personally do not like the Swift's looks and would choose a Palio over it. The 1.6 kind. Which btw is launched too. Others like you will opt for the Swift no doubt.

The Lancer is a good looker. And it is a car with a boot. And has the bigger price tag. So if this comparo is coming up, I think it is because of the performance. So the GTX it is for me.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 3rd June 2005 at 22:51.
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:53   #10
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
We're talking stock on stock here... if you mod the Lancer, place the same mods on the 1.6, and then we'll talk. That car will eat the Lancer inside out. But yeah, the Lancer looks pretty hot when its got skirts and a spoiler... but finally, its how quick you can go, or how you wanna gewt there that will decide this one, na??
but then the gtx doesnt have many options for performance modification whereas lancer is an tuner fav ride . and when u have a nice body kit the lancer looks hot but try looking at team fs red palio it really looks red hot
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hahahaha...you know my answer! Gee-Tee-Ex Baby!!!
Old 3rd June 2005, 23:00   #12
BANNED

a moded palio looks hot..........but not as hot as a lancer.

Last edited by twister : 3rd June 2005 at 23:07.
Old 3rd June 2005, 23:23   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
but then the gtx doesnt have many options for performance modification whereas lancer is an tuner fav ride . and when u have a nice body kit the lancer looks hot but try looking at team fs red palio it really looks red hot
Yeah the Palio GTX doesnt require much of mods.. just take all the doors and the boot lid off and there you go with a performance booster equal in weight to the modded lancer with whatever you want..!!
Old 3rd June 2005, 23:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

tought one to decide ...
the GTX already has 100bhp ...whereas the Lancer has to work its way up 15 horses to get there ..
i guess i will go for the lancer SFX as an overall better package .. more engine bay space for modifications ... the car was built to race in the first place ..
Old 3rd June 2005, 23:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Yeah the Palio GTX doesnt require much of mods.. just take all the doors and the boot lid off and there you go with a performance booster equal in weight to the modded lancer with whatever you want..!!

and also most important the bonet.

i think its weight is as much as bonet+tailgate of the zen,santro,swift..........

the Lancer though good looking is pretty onl design,is shabily built and has a 100 centuries old petrol engine.and HM dealerships are nothing to write home about if u consider Fiat dealers as bad.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 3rd June 2005 at 23:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks