Team-BHP - Mahindra XYLO now with ABS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra XYLO now with ABS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58781-mahindra-xylo-now-abs.html)

i got a SMS today in the evening from Mahindra dealer that from now on XYLO is also available with ABS priced at Rs 8,18,000 ex showroom delhi.

Does anyone else also know any information on it. Its most probably offered on the E8 variant.

For all it's level of kit, an ABS was sorely missed in the Xylo. Good on Mahindra to make quick amends and a definite must-have option for future Xylo owners. How much is the net premium? 20,000ish?

The addition of ABS makes this already VFM vehicle now best in class. Kudos to Mahindra. Hope they also provide a top end variant with optional airbags too.

Isn't Xylo lacks Anti Roll bars?Why they left such core things? :?:

The premium for ABS in Xylo is only Rs 18,000. I guess its the cheapest premium for ABS across the categories. The next close to it is swift where its for 20k i guess.

i guess there is some confusion, as per my knowledge its got Anti roll bar with double wishbone. fellow BHPians can provide more info on it

WOW! Now the Xylo is truly VFM!

So is this only for top end variant or across variants?

Regardless, definitely a good move from M&M.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nishant kar (Post 1307473)
i guess there is some confusion, as per my knowledge its got Anti roll bar with double wishbone. fellow BHPians can provide more info on it

I guess DeepClutch got confused with the side impact bar, which the Xylo seems to lack. Not sure if it is a fact, but no one was able to prove otherwise. The anti-roll bar is definitely there.

And mahindra ups the game.

Tata, what'll it be? ABS from tata seems to be vaporware

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1307481)
And mahindra ups the game.

Tata, what'll it be? ABS from tata seems to be vaporware

M&M has been going in the right direction for some time now. A properly placed VFM people mover, even though it is not the run-of-the mill mover like we are used to.

Then the pricing of the Scorpio.

Now this.

clap: to the team over there!

interesting to know that around a month back i rejected the car because it wass priced at 9 laks with no abs and airbags ? no bags inside still ? ? ?

The Xylo website is silent about ABS. I don't think M&M have upgraded the Xylo to ABS because like Tata they are quite vocal about even minor enhancements to their products. Besides, the MUV was launched about 3 months back and is consistantly doing 3,500 units monthly. I don't see any reason for Mahindra to give ABS when their sales are so strong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 1307578)
....Besides, the MUV was launched about 3 months back and is consistantly doing 3,500 units monthly. I don't see any reason for Mahindra to give ABS when their sales are so strong.

Strong sales should not be a factor for providing abs as an option. It is more value addition to the product which makes the product available to those customers who were avoiding it for lack of the same. Im sure there are many such customers and Mahindra is trying to bring them into its fold.

just what it desperately needed. if its true, good going mahindra.
now finally, if you can launch the E10 with some upmarket looks, ABS & Airbags.

If it is true then it is a good initiative by the M&M to catch the market more.

I hope this is not a rumour spread.

Guys the dealers name is Sridurga Automobiles, Rama road, New Delhi. the Message clearly said contact for more information if anyone wants i can pass on the no for the dealer. i dint call him because i am interested Scorpio but for some reasons the dealer wants me to sell a Xylo and therefore keeps me updated with Xylo news i remember at his showroom i clearly said the i may have considered xylo if it had ABS and he took a feedback from me. the book was full of such feedbacks.

I don't think mahindra will add Airbags to the lineup with Xylo first when there flagship model Scorpio doesn't have it. if we see the trend ABS percolated down the variants with scorpio refresh and is an instant hit i guess mahindra has taken the cues and is going ahead with Xylo. Maybe in the near future we might see Bolero Storm ABS.