Team-BHP - Rs. 40 lakh Executive Express Showdown
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rs. 40 lakh Executive Express Showdown (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5882-rs-40-lakh-executive-express-showdown.html)

So, the competitors are finally here. Audi is officially in India now with the A8 and the recently launched A6.

BMW has finally showed its intent, homologated several models and is out here with its entire model range. Including the bangled 5 Series.

Mercedes, well have been around now for nearly 11 years. With 3 models assembled in India, and the rest coming in as CBUs, their sales of 1500+ cars a year is an enviable proposition for the above two companies. Its largest selling model? The E-class.

Of-course, the three aren't as similar as one would have hoped. While the 5-series and E-class are rear wheel drive, the Audi A6 is currently offered only in FWD, with the Quattro expected a lil' later. Besides that, the BMW is sporty, agile and a hoot to drive, the E-class an amazingly comfy mile-muncher and the A6 a simple, clean car that does the best of both its competitors.

So what is your choice? The Munich Muncher, the Inglostadt Hunter or the Stuttgart Punter?

Revv

As much as I detest Bangles unnecessary cuts and curves, its the BMW M5 for me. Simple reason - It is the ultimate driving machine.

The Audi is FWD - eliminated on the spot. And the Mercedes....well

GTO

Having driven all three (admittedly outside India and less of the Beemer than the other 2), I would pick the Audi A6.

Somehow, the Audi gives you more of a quality car feel than the other too. Never liked the Beemers looks ever since they were mangled by a certain Bangle.

As much as I wanted to pick the A6 for its lovely lines, the interior put me off. I hate the design of it's dash, and I also hate the FWD only option in India.

I've never been a fan of the 3 pointed star as I consider them too much of an old man's car (although I love the shape of the current E).

So I'm left with the 5 series. Not a fan of the i-Drive, but with that engine and handling, I could live with it. In India, I would pick the diesel though.

5 series for me.....A6 is also very good but the 5 series rules anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
As much as I detest Bangles unnecessary cuts and curves, its the BMW M5 for me. Simple reason - It is the ultimate driving machine.

The Audi is FWD - eliminated on the spot. And the Mercedes....well

GTO

Its a 40 lakh shootout , so M5 is out of Question , U will have to settle for cheaper 5 series ones.

Oops, caught me there Dipen. I meant the BMW regular 5 series. Gotta get over the M5 hangover

GTO

In India, I would pick the diesel though.[/quote]

Have you driven the diesel..its amazing..blows the 270cdi to dust...its just like driving a high performance petrol engine.. clap:

Can anyone get the exact on-road prices of the BMW 535i and the diesel variant , Audi A6.
I have a feeling that the BMW diesel costs approx 55 lakhs on road Bombay( as its a CBU ). If true, thats a huge 15 lak difference over the Merc.

It's the 5 series for me. It's a got a good engine, RWD and is reliable.

Audi's are good but no use paying 40 lakhs for a FWD.

Off Topic : But my fav top end car right now is the Acura RL.

Shan2nu

I think i would go in for the audi it has a class of its own any way kinda never liked mercs and bmw's!

Has to be a 5series.. Its super fast and so good looking.. sharp angles and that grille drool.... but *** it has a casette player and no CD/MP3

Dipen,
a mercedes E 270 costs 47L on road.
I would choose the 5 series even though i am an Audi fan.
But an A8/A4 over the respective 7/3 series for me anyday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Gotta get over the M5 hangover

I wouldn't mind having one of those :D (M5 hangovers I mean!)

gotta be a BMW...nothin else!!!