Team-BHP - Toyota Finally Launching The Land Cruiser,Fortuner,Altis LE,Camry MMC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Finally Launching The Land Cruiser,Fortuner,Altis LE,Camry MMC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58836-toyota-finally-launching-land-cruiser-fortuner-altis-le-camry-mmc.html)

Just Got this information from a someone working for Toyota, There is going to be a couple of launches in the coming months.

The First Launch is going to be the Land Cruiser 200 Series,The Model variants proposed are VX and VXR.The Engine Spec is 4.5L V8 3rd generation Common rail Diesel, with 286ps@3600rpm.
Proposed date of launch is next month and delivery will start in mid August. The price can be expected to be in the 85 to 90 Lakh range ,the booking amount will be 10 Lakh.The Vehicle will be CBU.Hence the price.

The Next one coming our way will be the Camry in July,with a Minor Model Change,the changes will be mostly cosmetic, some of them are new front grill,new Head lights, Fog Lamps, 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels,ORVM Mounted Indicators,Auxiliary port in Audio System, Two new colours i.e Dark Green Mica Mettalic and a new Beige Mica Mettalic.And between July and December the whole of India will be getting only 400 cars up for grab.

The Limited Edition Corolla is Coming in July end or August and only 100 cars per month for the next three months will be manufactured.Extras in this car will be a rear boot Spoiler,Full Skirts all around, some extra chromes here and there,a different alloy wheel design,this model will also get 2 new colors i.e Warm Silver and Grey Mica Metallic.One good thing is that after the limited production run almost all these extra's that's on the car will be available as accesory from the dealership in the future.

The Fortuner's Launch dates have to be reconfirmed but we can discuss the same in the fortuner thread. The last time I heard it was August 17th and deliverys by September or October.Enigne will be the 3.0 litre Diesel D4-D Engine,with 7 seats, also it will be a CKD product.

Regards

Muneem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 1308146)
Just Got this information from a someone working for Toyota, There is going to be a couple of launches in the coming months.

so its finally wake up time for Toyota eh.

actually we need is the corolla diesel to make it to our shores asap.
LC is a bit overpriced aint it? almost touching the golden Crore mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 1308146)

The Next one coming our way will be the Camry in July,with a Minor Model Change,the changes will be mostly cosmetic, some of them are new front grill,new Head lights, Fog Lamps, 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels,ORVM Mounted Indicators,Auxiliary port in Audio System, Two new colours i.e Dark Green Mica Mettalic and a new Beige Mica Mettalic.And between July and December the whole of India will be getting only 400 cars up for grab.

the camry will also get a new 2.5 litre 4 cylinder with 180 ps to replace the current 2.4 litre.

....and people were discussing how the LC at close to 60L would be too expensive

Diesel altis is needed badly, civic has clearly beat the altis.

How much more expensive will the camry get with all that extra stuff?:Frustrati

Do we have a reliable cost confirmation on the Fortuner yet?

Is it really ~20 Lac ex-showroom?

or

Is it 15-16 lac Ex-Showroom?

Holy ! Earth's Greatest 4WD;

We get all these?

Toyota LC200: Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1308266)
Holy ! Earth's Greatest 4WD;

We get all these?

All that fancy gadgetry won’t stand up to a simple twin live-axle and a set of front & rear lockers. The only interesting thing I saw was detachable stabilizer bar. But still, how does it matter? This will be another SUV that will never leave the tarmac.

I hope the Fortuner will have a bearable price tag, 20 Lakh will be a bargain compared to what they sell for in Australia. Here the Hilux is around the 20L margin and the Landcruiser sells for 27L to 40L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagan.js (Post 1308228)
Diesel altis is needed badly, civic has clearly beat the altis.How much more expensive will the camry get with all that extra stuff?:Frustrati

The Altis has had a steady sales figure ever since it's launch,the civic meanwhile has lost some of it's sales due to the better package and better quality of service that Toyota offers, And The Camry if they are seriously thinking about increasing the price anymore,they better not launch the car again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1308235)
Do we have a reliable cost confirmation on the Fortuner yet?
Is it really ~20 Lac ex-showroom?
or
Is it 15-16 lac Ex-Showroom?

The Price will be in the 20 Lakh region.The 5 seaters CRV and Captiva is similarly priced, don't expect Toyota to price any of their product lower than them,because Toyota is usually the segment leader in pricing too :D.

Oh dear!! if pricing is similar to what all of you guys assume then its bye bye for my dream to own one:Frustrati. Seems I'll have to settle for Innova V
Cheers
Dilip

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 1308525)
The Altis has had a steady sales figure ever since it's launch,the civic meanwhile has lost some of it's sales due to the better package and better quality of service that Toyota offers, And The Camry if they are seriously thinking about increasing the price anymore,they better not launch the car again.

The Price will be in the 20 Lakh region.The 5 seaters CRV and Captiva is similarly priced, don't expect Toyota to price any of their product lower than them,because Toyota is usually the segment leader in pricing too :D.

Looks like finally the worlds highest car maker is buckling up and pulling up its socks in India...New corolla seems very interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 (Post 1308805)
Oh dear!! if pricing is similar to what all of you guys assume then its bye bye for my dream to own one:Frustrati. Seems I'll have to settle for Innova V

Exactly...If ~20Lac is the ballpark for Fortuner, I'm afraid that Tata would get my money again. Cant really justify an 8 lac premium just because it is a Toyota.

When will the damn recession get over :Frustrati

The Fortuner's going to be overpriced if its above 20 big ones.Toyota should put in Endeavour territory.Will sell like hot cakes.All these launches are promising,but its high time Toyota get the diesel Altis AND the Lexus range over here!!

muneem will the Fortuner be offered in Automatic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasolinejunkie (Post 1308515)
[/list]All that fancy gadgetry won’t stand up to a simple twin live-axle and a set of front & rear lockers. The only interesting thing I saw was detachable stabilizer bar. But still, how does it matter? This will be another SUV that will never leave the tarmac.

Firstly Toyota designed this suv to leave the tarmac. You need to go to th middle east to see what they do with the LC. In India, due to the exhorbitant vehicle cost and lack of owners knowledge & willingness to put its capabilities to use, it never leaves the tarmac and is restricted to posing duties.

The LC target customer is not the one looking for a simple twin live axle. Im sure the LC isnt targetted towards extreme offroad either. Its a bridge between the best of both worlds for a fat price tag.

Cheers,
J