Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 19:51   #91
BHPian

filcord : that's a sexciting price for CRDI ..
Old 7th June 2009, 00:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

So whoz bought / buying THE most powerful hatch in India? I am booking it in 2 weeks max. Anyone from Madras joining in?
Old 7th June 2009, 10:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
I checked with Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore today, the Getz CRDI is available at 5.88 L on road which is a cut or around 60K that is a huge cut!

It makes great sense now to buy this car instead of the VDI or the QJD.
Damn! I wish this offer was there when I was looking out for a car 6 months ago.

But isn't this Huge price cut unfair for people who bought the car in the last 6 months?
Its definitely unfair, I paid Rs. 6,63,000/- on road September last year
Old 7th June 2009, 10:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Its tempting to sell my 2007 model Getz Prime Petrol, 1.3 GLX and go for CRDi. Power is never enough.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:54   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Its tempting to sell my 2007 model Getz Prime Petrol, 1.3 GLX and go for CRDi. Power is never enough.
Hell Yeah!! Go Get it..You will love the Getz even more.!!

This car reminds me of GTX when it was launched in 2000 as the most powerful hatchback and it remained as the most powerful hatch for years.

Is Getz gonna do the same thing ?
Old 7th June 2009, 11:54   #96
BHPian

5.88L OTR Bangalore is too tempting! I am thinking if I should wait for the Punto :-) - I am sure Punto will kick A** in features, handling etc. But 110 BHP / 235 Nm Torque would be a killer!

Add a p-tronic box and this is what you get!

----------------KW bhp Nm
Original values 81 110 235
With P-Tronic- 105 143 302
Gain------------ 24 33 67
------------------30% 30% 29%

There will always be a "Road not taken"

PS:- I have read a lot about Pete's box here (PSI) - Not much talk about p-tronic - I saw some threads regarding p-tronic in swift VDi but not much talk going on.. Are these boxes not available in India?
Old 7th June 2009, 12:13   #97
BHPian

Guys don't get all excited and go for one. Such deep discounts hints Hyundai withdrawing Getz crdi from the production lines. They simply want to vent off the existing stock.
Old 7th June 2009, 15:04   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Guys don't get all excited and go for one. Such deep discounts hints Hyundai withdrawing Getz crdi from the production lines. They simply want to vent off the existing stock.
If Hyundai stop the production of Getz CRDI then it will be even better for the guys who buy it now because, for sure, the i20 CRDI will be 1.4L 75 BHP.

So this is the last chance to pocket the pocket rocket! And from here the car will not depreciate but probably appreciate! So it could be a situation similar to the Original Zen holding its high resale value when the estilo was launched!

So its a win-win to both the heart as well as the mind!
Old 7th June 2009, 17:12   #99
BHPian

Hi all,

I was about to buy a Palio MJD SDX. Frustrated by unresponsive sales guys at Tata in Blore, I went to check out the Getz 1.3.

And I was shocked to know the mega discount on the CRDi. I have now changed my mind and will definitely buy the CRDi!

This is the quote from Advaith (Residency Road):
Ex Showroom - 499,900
Insurance - 17,358
Road tax - 65,989
Incidental (??) charges - 5000

OTR - 588,247 Rs

I know it is already a fantastic deal! But any tips on more bargaining/ freebies? Is the insurance figure correct? For the MJD the insurance was 13k...
Old 7th June 2009, 18:11   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Its definitely unfair, I paid Rs. 6,63,000/- on road September last year
I have no words, mate... Am happy on one hand that am getting the rocket at a bargain, and on the other I do feel queasy when I think of the existing owners...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Go for it!!! You'll never know when they will say "No more!", and you would find yourself telling "I should have... when I had the chance...!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

This car reminds me of GTX when it was launched in 2000 as the most powerful hatchback and it remained as the most powerful hatch for years.

+1 to that, buddy! I don't see any other hatch getting launched in a long while beating the rocket in terms of sheer power!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
And thats exactly why you gotta rush to the showroom - if you want the most powerful hatch of India ever - you'll never know when a 110 BHP / 235 Nm hatch will get launched again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
5.88L OTR Bangalore is too tempting! I am thinking if I should wait for the Punto :-) - I am sure Punto will kick A** in features, handling etc. But 110 BHP / 235 Nm Torque would be a killer!

Add a p-tronic box and this is what you get!

----------------KW bhp Nm
Original values 81 110 235
With P-Tronic- 105 143 302
Gain------------ 24 33 67
------------------30% 30% 29%

There will always be a "Road not taken"

PS:- I have read a lot about Pete's box here (PSI) - Not much talk about p-tronic - I saw some threads regarding p-tronic in swift VDi but not much talk going on.. Are these boxes not available in India?
Hmm... Am adding that to the to-do-after-a-year list
Quote:
If Hyundai stop the production of Getz CRDI then it will be even better for the guys who buy it now because, for sure, the i20 CRDI will be 1.4L 75 BHP.

So this is the last chance to pocket the pocket rocket! And from here the car will not depreciate but probably appreciate! So it could be a situation similar to the Original Zen holding its high resale value when the estilo was launched!

Exactly! the i20 CRDi is not going to be as powerful, though it is gonna be fully loaded with features. But for the price i am expecting it to be launched, I do not see it as VFM... Lets wait and watch. Anyways, I will never regret buying the rocket, even if they stop it the next day!
Old 7th June 2009, 18:51   #101
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

True dat KP, now most of the hatches will be either a 1.2 or a 1.4 due to the tax laws!!
Old 7th June 2009, 20:46   #102
BHPian

Hyundai has announced Rs, 4.99 lacs for Getz CRDi in Hyderabad too. Any takers? The offer is valid till June 15.
Old 7th June 2009, 22:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
@phoneix

Even I'm contemplating buying getz crdi, the offer is too tempting to resist..But still my heart wants to wait till GP launch since this offer is intact till June23rd.Yes,GP would be way underpowered when compared with Getz Crdi,but the feeling of driving a previous generation car might irk later on. A Hip Hop red crdi with 5-spoke black alloys and implanted sun screen would look a killer and contemporary,but have decided to wait..Btw,got a quote of 5.6L from HMP,Chennai..
Let me know whether you have booked one..
You bet, exactly my thought process. I am going to check out the Punto MJD (hopefully on the 17th). Hope the offer stays till then! I spoke to a couple of dealers in Delhi but they have been a little iffy to confirm how long this offer is for. That's an obvious sales pitch to try and induce a hasty buy.

Quote:

I won't bet against it. We BHP-deprived Indians have this tendency to have our hearts take over our heads when it already too late.

Quote:

I certainly hope so.
Old 7th June 2009, 23:54   #104
BHPian

if somebody can confirm that hyundai will not phase out the getz crdi , then this offer is really mouth watering .
Old 8th June 2009, 00:16   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
if somebody can confirm that hyundai will not phase out the getz crdi , then this offer is really mouth watering .

If they phase out getz immediately also it will be under 2-3 yrs warantee & further Verna will still be on sale, hence availablity of parts should not be a problem.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed