Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 09:32   #181
BHPian

Is there any update on how long this offer is valid? When I checked with Adwaith, the offer is valid till today on the colours available in the factory and the delivery could take 15 days. There were 6 colours available - sleek silver, champagne silver, dark grey, electric red, black and white.

It sounded like clearing off the stocks currenlty in the factory. He mentioned the getz would still be available even after the i20 CRDi and automatic launch.

Further - he quoted 9k for rear spoiler, 18k for the rear wiper/defogger, 3.5k for paining ORVM and door handles with body colored paint, 7.5 - 9k for music system with USB.
Old 1st July 2009, 00:38   #182
Senior - BHPian

I find it strange that for a car that was supposedly being sold at a loss/break even, they managed to chop off the price by so much! even other cars dont have this much discounts!
Old 1st July 2009, 08:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

Maruti managed to do like a 40% cost cutting from 2001 to 2003. I'm sure Getz D now would not be the same thing as it originally was!!
Old 1st July 2009, 08:26   #184
BHPian

hyundai is now dilly-dallying on delivering the orders booked in the offer days.

i booked one here at gurgaon on 14th june, but till day no confirmations.

the dealer tells me that he had put 3 orders in all, two of those got rejected by hyundai.

i placed an order by giving a booking amount for berry red getz crdi, but the order that got rejected were of oyster grey and some other color.

i called up hyundai's PR and sales support dept. and the voice on the other end said, "sir, please wait some more time na, getz is primarily for export, so it takes time to get delivered."

i am just preparing myself for the bad news :(

the hdfc bank has already disbursed the loan to the dealer, i dont know how would they get it back.

can any team-bhp member help me out here. please ......

Last edited by pb10gagan : 1st July 2009 at 08:30.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:17   #185
BHPian

[quote=pb10gagan;1365819]hyundai is now dilly-dallying on delivering the orders booked in the offer days.

Similar is my case. The dealer has given me the engine no & the chassis no about a week back, but the vehicle has not been despatched from the factory. As per the dealers executive there are 10 Crdi under despatch to them.

Looks like Hyundai got a response which they never anticipated.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:20   #186
BHPian

[quote=kiren;1365846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
hyundai is now dilly-dallying on delivering the orders booked in the offer days.

Similar is my case. The dealer has given me the engine no & the chassis no about a week back, but the vehicle has not been despatched from the factory. As per the dealers executive there are 10 Crdi under despatch to them.

Looks like Hyundai got a response which they never anticipated.
you are lucky man!

i did not get any chasis or engine number till this day.

though the dealer has said that hyundai have sent them a mail, saying that i will get a getz crdi in july
Old 1st July 2009, 10:55   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i booked one here at gurgaon on 14th june, but till day no confirmations.

the dealer tells me that he had put 3 orders in all, two of those got rejected by hyundai.

i placed an order by giving a booking amount for berry red getz crdi, but the order that got rejected were of oyster grey and some other color.

i called up hyundai's PR and sales support dept. and the voice on the other end said, "sir, please wait some more time na, getz is primarily for export, so it takes time to get delivered."

i am just preparing myself for the bad news :(

the hdfc bank has already disbursed the loan to the dealer, i dont know how would they get it back.

can any team-bhp member help me out here. please ......
Thats very strange. I hope the delay is not because of the color.

Anyways, pm me the details with your contact no.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:42   #188
BHPian

i have just PMed it across to you.
thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 11:52   #189
Senior - BHPian

I have a strong feel that Hyundai will try to convert as many of these back orders to i20 Diesel. Will a powerful, yet cheaper Getz CRDi co-exist with i20 CRDi? I think not, lucky me to have grabbed one while it was there
Old 1st July 2009, 12:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

Gagan,
Just spoke to my sources @ HMP New Delhi. According to them, the supply of Getz CRDi from Chennai factory was stopped on 15th June and all the stock was swept away by 25th June.

From all this its seems, Getz CRDi's stint in the Indian market is over and i20 Crdi is coming on 7th July, confirmed.

Last edited by kpzen : 1st July 2009 at 12:12.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:10   #191
BHPian

thanks for the help man.

i think i should get my booking amount back now
Old 1st July 2009, 12:14   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think i should get my booking amount back now
Not necessary to get it back, the i20 CRDi booking has started.

Good luck.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:59   #193
BHPian

I, for one, would have been absolutely livid if the company told me they can't deliver a car for which they have readily accepted the booking amount. I had a very good image of Hyundai thus far (never owned one though). But my experience the other day asking for i20 was a huge letdown.

The sales guy was not even interested in looking at me and talking. I went to see the car and was told that they don't have a display car and that it will not happen anytime soon. He said you need to book the car and wait for 2 months for delivery. I asked him how can I book the car if I can't see one with my own eyes, forget the test drive. He did not even have the courtesy to explain me a reason for it. The attitude was take it or leave it, but we deal on our own terms.

Hell yeah, 30 minutes later, out came the cheque book and booking amount paid for Hip-hop Black Punto MJD Emotion pack. Take that Hyundai. I am going to stay far away from a Hyundai from now on. BTW, I will be taking delivery of my Punto today.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:02   #194
BHPian

any price out for i20 CRDi yet?

Last edited by tarunmadhok : 1st July 2009 at 13:12.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:16   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Gagan,
Just spoke to my sources @ HMP New Delhi. According to them, the supply of Getz CRDi from Chennai factory was stopped on 15th June and all the stock was swept away by 25th June.

From all this its seems, Getz CRDi's stint in the Indian market is over and i20 Crdi is coming on 7th July, confirmed.

Well, then i must consider myself very very lucky - booked a getz D on the 30th of May and got it delivered to me about 12 days ago.

The car is an absolute beauty with grace combined - all my office colleagues have been completely floored after driving it - some of them din't even realize that is was a diesel hatch. I like it the most when the car silently creeps up from behind and then wooosh just tap the pedal and it goes like a rocket !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks