Team-BHP - New Skoda Laura launched in India (Facelift+2 new engines)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Skoda Laura launched in India (Facelift+2 new engines) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59013-new-skoda-laura-launched-india-facelift-2-new-engines.html)

I just got a call from JMD,they are launching three versions in the facelifted laura.1.8tsi,1.9tdi&2.0tdi;The new laura has got new set of lights ,interiors are changed,also a touchscreen player to it.I ve been called for the launch as I got my superb from them.I will post details abt the new laura as I get them.
So skoda is really trying hard to conquer Indian market;I just hope they improve their ASS;& I am enjoying every bit of my superbly new 2.0tdi superb!!!!

Laura 1.8TSI.. Sounds interesting. How much power does it put out??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 1301333)
Laura 1.8TSI.. Sounds interesting. How much power does it put out??

I think its goin 2 be the same as the one in 1.8tsi superb;Its 140BHP with a seven speed gearbox

Thats pretty good. Are you sure its a 1.6TSI cuz the thread title says 1.4TSI.

It's the 1.8TSI 160bhp motor from the superb. It will also come with the same 7speed DSG box as the superb.

The 1.8 TSI engine has a turbocharger whereas the 1.4TFSI 170bhp engine is supercharged as well as turbocharged. I have mentioned this earlier somewhere I remember.

any info about pricing? skoda if spruces up their service,Can do exceptionally well here(not that they'r doing badly). Maybe 1 more customer? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedarwalke (Post 1301332)
I just got a call from JMD,they are launching three versions in the facelifted laura.1.8tsi,1.9tdi&2.0tdi;The new laura has got new set of lights ,interiors are changed,also a touchscreen player to it.I ve been called for the launch as I got my superb from them.I will post details abt the new laura as I get them.
So skoda is really trying hard to conquer Indian market;I just hope they improve their ASS;& I am enjoying every bit of my superbly new 2.0tdi superb!!!!

Waiting for the launch and all the details!
Looking to buy the 2.0TDI Laura, Hope they don't go and price it around 21lakh. Do post the details as soon as you get them :)

As you got an invite for the launch, you must know the date of the launch :).

Waiting for you to reply with the date of the launch :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3adlythegame (Post 1302508)
As you got an invite for the launch, you must know the date of the launch :).

Waiting for you to reply with the date of the launch :).

Its 20th of May. The title of his post says that!

Hi Friends

The local dealer in my city has confirmed that the new Laura will be launched on 20th
of may.Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they don't increase it's prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by braveheart_77 (Post 1307143)
Hi Friends

The local dealer in my city has confirmed that the new Laura will be launched on 20th

I actually thought they'd be reducing the prices, if Superb's price is an indication.

Also, I have been seeing ads indicating Fabia's price being brought down by about 30K (ex-Showroom). This is a good opportunity for Skoda to bring down their price levels to let some breathing space for VW products (too much overlap otherwise)

Superb's pricing was in these lines - I hope they pull a smart one in Laura, and I really hope the base (Ambiente) version of Laura Petrol is available at 11-12L (ex-Showroom)

Quote:

Originally Posted by braveheart_77 (Post 1307143)
Hi Friends

I have got invitation for the new laura launch tomorow;will mail the pics/Pricing tomrow itself.

looks like its launched. But the laura website is under construction

Laura launched today and seems like we have 1.8 litre TSI with 160 bhp 6 speed manual, 1.9 TDi 100 bhp and assuming 2.0 TDi PD with decent 140 bhp as well. Sounds interesting, hope they don't raise the price up. 1.8 Petrol means by the end of the year we might see VRs version as well and that will family complete.

I guess the launch was today. Still awaiting updates by the attendees! Info on pricing and engines please, no business channel gave the information.