Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 11:36   #46
BHPian

one should look at the balance between the power specs and FE.
well someone can have a 1.2 block put KKK superchargers, get 150+ bhp - but that wouldnt be a point right..?? FE?? 3-4.

according to me (my opinion - of course) a good engine should have the above 2 parameters absolutely balanced.

this is where Kappa fails for me K-Series is more frugal and has more horses.

i-vtec - FE might be a lil' compromised.

My bet K- series followed by i-vtec (also this will be pricey) and then the Kappa.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
one should look at the balance between the power specs and FE.
IMHO, K series in Ritz is still new and FE figure of practical usage still has to come out. Its too early to decide that K series in Ritz is fuel efficient. We need to wait for user reviews and feedback. However I am not saying that the K series will be low on fuel efficient, my point is that we need to wait for the practical usage of i-vtec and K series. Time will answer.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:50   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
IMHO, K series in Ritz is still new and FE figure of practical usage still has to come out. Its too early to decide that K series in Ritz is fuel efficient. We need to wait for user reviews and feedback. However I am not saying that the K series will be low on fuel efficient, my point is that we need to wait for the practical usage of i-vtec and K series. Time will answer.
The K-Series on A-Star is having good FE. So it's a proven engine as far as FE is concerned !
Old 29th May 2009, 11:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
The K-Series on A-Star is having good FE. So it's a proven engine as far as FE is concerned !
I think we are discussing only 1.2 engines and not the three pot 1000 cc engine.
Old 31st May 2009, 17:20   #50
BHPian

reading between the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I guess what he means is that by looking at the A-Star's KB 10 engine's oustanding FE, we can safely bet on the FE of the KB-12 of the RITZ as well since it belongs to the same K-Series family of engines.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:28   #51
BHPian

the upcoming 1.2 TSI in VW polo will kill the competition in terms of performance, refinement etc. i believe. But is it coming??
if it does then its hard time for all the other 1.2s
Old 1st June 2009, 16:29   #52
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
I guess what he means is that by looking at the A-Star's KB 10 engine's oustanding FE, we can safely bet on the FE of the KB-12 of the RITZ as well since it belongs to the same K-Series family of engines.
OT: The number of cylinder make a lot of difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks