Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 11:07   #1
BHPian

Please put 1.8 TSI in VW Jetta!!

if they can do it for the laura why cant they do that for the jetta??

is this wishful thinking or too much to ask??
Old 26th May 2009, 18:41   #2
BHPian

no comments nothing?? lolz
Old 26th May 2009, 19:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

ummmm...how's this? - I agree with you.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

why not just buy a Laura instead...looks better and cheaper.

Yes, nobody cares about the Jetta.
Old 26th May 2009, 22:28   #5
BHPian

1.8 TSI Jetta without a boot = nice Golf that I would buy
Old 26th May 2009, 22:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Where will they place the car ? Logically Skoda has made entry for VW difficult and hence no one is interested. Laura had already made its mark and image by the time jetta came in.
Rather than concentrating on increasing sales of VW Jetta, VW must think like this " Laura has already got its name well establishsed in Indian market, so let it bring more business ".
Old 26th May 2009, 22:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
why not just buy a Laura instead...looks better and cheaper.

Yes, nobody cares about the Jetta.
Well, facelifted laura looks like a fusion of last gen octy and the new superb (from front) while jetta looks like a mini-passat. Yes, it does looks bland from some angles but the car looks larger and costlier than it is. And I for one shall have mini-passat over the laura. Anyways looks are subjective. Ah now for the question, well I for one wont buy the laura (not even with the 1.8) just because it comes from 'SKODA-obsessed with fraud'. And I guess many more tbhpians may be of similar view.Period.

Yeah, 1.8 jetta sounds interesting. It has an excellent suspension set up, the 1.8 shall take the game to an entirely different level. And hope VW's A.S.S. do not go the Skoda way.

Regards.
Old 27th May 2009, 08:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Well, facelifted laura looks like a fusion of last gen octy and the new superb (from front) while jetta looks like a mini-passat. Yes, it does looks bland from some angles but the car looks larger and costlier than it is. And I for one shall have mini-passat over the laura. Anyways looks are subjective. Ah now for the question, well I for one wont buy the laura (not even with the 1.8) just because it comes from 'SKODA-obsessed with fraud'. And I guess many more tbhpians may be of similar view.Period.

Yeah, 1.8 jetta sounds interesting. It has an excellent suspension set up, the 1.8 shall take the game to an entirely different level. And hope VW's A.S.S. do not go the Skoda way.

Regards.
Point is when it comes to reliability and service there is not much difference between a VW and a Skoda.

And yes, Jetta cannot help looking like a large hatch back from the front
Old 27th May 2009, 10:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Point is when it comes to reliability and service there is not much difference between a VW and a Skoda.
Unlike Skoda India, I do not see many negative Teambhp reports on VW India service.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Unlike Skoda India, I do not see many negative Teambhp reports on VW India service.
Unlike Skoda, VW india do not sell as many cars. Whatever they do, the cars have similar issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ems-alert.html (VW Passat - Problems Alert!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...olkswagen.html (VW Jetta - Lost the faith in Volkswagen)
Old 27th May 2009, 12:53   #11
Team-BHP Support

Viddy

The Passat has issues. The Jetta case is only one off and it is so badly written that one cannot understand whether it is a manufacturing fault or misuse
Old 1st June 2009, 12:08   #12
BHPian

i would prefer VW over the skoda ever since what has happend. to our members. i mean why take chances when you are spending 12-25 lacs of your hard earned money only to get ripped off again and again.

VW jetta has a 1.6 ltr 100 bhp engine. which makes it underpowered and it doesnt stand out in competition with the civic and carolla. put a 1.8 tsi youwill get an awesome car. with great refinement. fuel efficency and great looks.

vW jetta is german engineered not that skoda is bad. but german quality is world famous. also VW owns skoda so why not share the same engines.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
VW owns skoda so why not share the same engines.
They do share the same engines. But don't you think that if they are sharing the same engines then they will have the same problems?

I am very interested in knowing the reliablity figures of the new Passat CRDi and the 7 speed DSG gearbox and TSI petrol engines in the Superb. Maybe these new engines and gearboxes will turn out to be more reliable then the old ones.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:54   #14
BHPian

Guys some days back at ARAI in pune I was just riding on the hills when a white VW passat came behind me. It had a different number plate so I let it pass and I was shocked to see that it was with a TSI engine.
So to curb my enthusiasm I followed the car. Then they parked the car at the parking. I asked the guys that is it a petrol passat? is it a 1.8Tsi ? But they refused to give any details. So I said can I at least check out the car from outside? They said yeah no problem.
I first saw the gear and was amazed to the the 6 Speed Mannual gearbox, which the current Laura Tsi has.
Does anyone know about this? what may be its pricing?
Old 8th January 2010, 13:19   #15
BHPian

VW : Jetta Comfortline

I can say for myself, on my experiences with the 1.8 TDI Comfortline : no issues whatsoever. Not with the car, not with the service centre in Bombay.

I have done roughly 5700 kms in seven months in Bombay and its outskirts ( ~ radius of 250 kms) so far.

I can't comment on the Skoda as I have no experience with its products.

Regards

Most Viewed