Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 03:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post

You can go for Innova just eyes closed,
Well, Innova and Safari are quite different vehicles but it will be fair to say that Innova does offer better overall experience than the Safari. Between the two, except for the butch looks and the SUV tag assosciated with it there is not much that safari has over the Innova. Sure safari seems to be a better performer with the updated Dicor but long term reliability is a suspect. Innova on the other hand is bulletproof. So barring agony and other troubles it ended quite well.

the buyer will have peace of mind now when he will take the car for routine service etc. Atleast I for one will be quite sceptical to get my vehicle serviced at a place who were at the first place quite uninterested in selling the vehicle.

Quote:
Toyo is known for customer satisfaction. Iam sure you will be amongst most satisfied customer of Toyo
Yes, Toyo is indeed a great manufactuer. Even am very much satisfied with Toyo. These tyres are simply amazing. Did wonders for our Esteem.
Hehe, just kidding, no offence meant.

Regards.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:17   #32
BHPian

dealer called to say the vehicle they indented earlier had crash and being customer friendly as they are - how could have they let me have that vehicle ! Hence the delay. wow..I had been in touch with them for more then a month..not a word abt it.

I am not taking this crap..and not taking this incident in isolation. This is the way its going to be even after I take the delivery. I can imagine running around in circles with dealers and tata regional office. And spend my time on team-bhp..outlining the problems I am facing and chasing up I have been doing.

BTW one thing an update to the group - Surprise, TATA regional office didn't respond to my complaint that I wrote to them. They read it on Team-bhp...lol

Cheers
Old 28th May 2009, 15:48   #33
BHPian

Challenge the dealer to show that crashed vehicle to you, just to be sure that you don't end up with repaired crashed vehicle. You can tell them you are still not sure you want to go with safari as a warning note so that they will force you to book after you say this (miscontrued as expression of interest again).
This you could try even as I know you have decided to go the Innova way. Am not sure they will crash a safari and show it to you..
Old 28th May 2009, 16:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

I wish you wouldn't change your buying decision because of one dealer. My experience was bad with the dealer until the first mail was sent to TML. After that, the dealer staff has been tripping over each other to fix the issue. The dealer is another famous guy out here (Vivek).

Unless you have sealed the deal and paid for the Innova, I suggest you check out Rama Motors in Okhla in Delhi. They are much better behaved (they were one of the popular Hyundai dealers till recently).

Regarding After Sales, you can formulate your opinion from various members' experiences out here anyways.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I wish you wouldn't change your buying decision because of one dealer. My experience was bad with the dealer until the first mail was sent to TML. After that, the dealer staff has been tripping over each other to fix the issue. The dealer is another famous guy out here (Vivek).
' experiences out here anyways.
In my case TML hasn't helped a zilch...and BTW they never have till date. How do you write an email to get an response, the best I have seen is a call back but nothing in writing. I can ignore the dealer but how do I ignore the TML
Old 30th May 2009, 01:20   #36
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
I can only say - Thank you tata - shame on you ! I don't need a vehicle for which I need to dedicate/reserve 25% of my time in chasing your so Helpful staff - pun intended.

No safari for me - I am getting the cheque cancelled tomorrow..such a waste of time and energy..if only I had better sense upfront.

Suggestion to all - try tata vehicle only when you can spare someone to spend their time chasing their ppl otherwise just chuck it. The culture they have built in the organization for so long is not going to change anytime soon..after its all abt people !

Cheers on making a very wise decision. Innova is the way to go, and will never let you regret your decision.
Shame Shame TATA.

Last edited by nvldvr : 30th May 2009 at 01:22.
Old 30th May 2009, 08:46   #37
BHPian

Toyota's service may be world famous and Innova is a good Mini Van well sorted for family duties. I've taken the test drive of Innova yesterday since a local dealer was doing some promotions at office...and here is what I felt.

# Smooth and silent engine, common garden gearbox like in most Toyotas.
# Sluggish when compared to Safari/Scorpio.
# Too much suspension noise when hitting rough spots at high speeds (max I did was 145 kmph)
# Moderately well planted at high speeds (No Corner carving or twisties attempted)
# Overpriced for what it is, relatively poor corporate discounts.

IMHO, comparing a people mover to Safari/Scorpio does not make much sense. Our home grown SUV's are in a different league altogether with their own share of problems.

My Conclusion: I would not buy an Innova at this price. May be I'll think about it when I cross 50's and needs that peace of mind which Toyota offers. I'll wait for the Fortuner but if its horribly overpriced, Tata will get my cheque.
Old 30th May 2009, 09:56   #38
BHPian

Looks like the your tata dealer is telling stories. Cant understand how they can so easily lose a customer in these recession times.
But its sad that you are planning to drop the idea of a safari gx and join the large community of safari owners on tbhp.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
....Most importantly, if no one seems to be responding from the head office, then you better not hope against hope.
Cheers,
J
There is my opinion again. Because in that case(as mentioned above) after you buy you will probably end up running from pillar to post to get your issues addressed(if any).

Quote:
BTW one thing an update to the group - Surprise, TATA regional office didn't respond to my complaint that I wrote to them. They read it on Team-bhp...lol
Cheers
That is the funniest thing I have heard.
Old 30th May 2009, 17:03   #40
BANNED

Quote:
.I finally decided that Safari GX is a good buy and booked it 2 weeks back.
What do think guys..is it acceptable situation or should I just chuck the deal?

Can't think straight..and hoping fellow BHPians can perhaps guide me to better decision.

Vivek
We are still in the month of May 09, a month waiting period is acceptable.

Its your decision after all. Good things comes at a price and its own time. You need to wait with a bit of patience.

You could have chucked the dealer and gone to another, And for your info, TML does respond to any grievance mails by customers. I dont know whats with your case.

Anyways, best of luck for your new ride.
Old 30th May 2009, 20:17   #41
BHPian

UPDATE 3-

Received a call from TATA regional office - Promised to sort out the problem and lack of communication and was promised that all problem resolutions are just a call away.

Received the call from the dealer as well - outlined that vehicle is on its way and apologized for the problem and outlined that we will make up for the problem. Vehicle is in transit and delivery expected by next Saturday 5th June.

Hoping that probably its end of the problems and probably TATA and my personal contacts would be available for any minor/major fire-fightings that may come my way. I handed over the cheque and deal is done.

Many thanks to everyone for suggestions and advice rendered which essentially outlined the need for patience.

So finger crossed - and waiting for the D-day, any suggestions as to what do I need to do so that they are no more faux-paus.

Cheers

Vivek
Old 30th May 2009, 20:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Good things comes at a price and its own time. You need to wait with a bit of patience.
not when there are better things (read innova) available at same price & lesser time.

Quote:
UPDATE 3-

Received a call from TATA regional office - Promised to sort out the problem and lack of communication and was promised that all problem resolutions are just a call away.

Cheers

Vivek
hearty congratulations buddy. finally, you wil get the vehicle your heart chose. i hope there are no more complications ahead & wish you happy motoring.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:22   #43
BHPian

Good decison Vivek.
Its always better to stick with your heart.
Safari will not disappoint you, it may not be considered as reliable as an innova but it is far ahead of the competition in terms of comfort, ride quality and overall driveability.
People have had issues with the safari but that does not mean that each piece produced is a lemon. I have total 3 Safaris' in my extended family- two of them are 2.2 Ex 4x2 versions and one is a 3ltr 4x4( my dad's official car), they have been absolutely trouble free till date except for a blown fuse or two.
Regarding service i have heard that A-one motors mathura road, Sanya motors Mayapuri are good.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received the call from the dealer as well - outlined that vehicle is on its way and apologized for the problem and outlined that we will make up for the problem.
actually that is a TML speciality. when a fellow bhpian (XBOX 360s) ex 4x4 suffered a 4wd issue, he and I took the trip of TML royally, and they not only gave him a standby safari for the duration of the repairs but also threw in free accessories worth 15 K with the deal. (his safari was about 6 months old at that time)
Old 30th May 2009, 22:40   #45
BHPian

Himanshu,

Pls. tell me trick as well, what do I need to do if I get into such situations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks