Team-BHP - TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59266-tata-safari-gx-delivery-period-should-i-chuck-edit-now-post-delivery-issues.html)

Hi,

Just to give you background, I own Indigo Marina 2005 model. I had my own horror stories as far as TASS is concerned.

However considering what it is and what it is not..I finally decided that Safari GX is a good buy and booked it 2 weeks back. I was hoping that service standards have improved etc-2. Interiors looked better then scorpio and I hoped against hope that this time around experience would be better.

I checked last Friday and I was told that car would be there on last saturday and my cheque hadn't come around so I didn't raise an issue. Today with cheque in hand...as usual the guy I speak never available and not returning the calls (this one aspect I faced with all dealers in Noida..be it Honda, Toyota etc in last 2 months and probably everyone has so much sales going in that they don't bother or service levels are pathetic for all i.e. atleast for sales) I was told that they hadn't indent the vehicle and it will take 10 days for it to dealership.

Wow..I wonder if thats normal or its just dealer playing hanky/panky. Just for record its famous ! Sterling Automobiles at Noida.

I am thinking of cancelling my decision of going for safari and go for reliable Toyota expereince in Innova(so am told). As usual Tata regional office in Gurgaon is as unhelpful as one can be..they just don't talk, too busy with trainings and whatever else and forget about ever returning calls.

What do think guys..is it acceptable situation or should I just chuck the deal?

Can't think straight..and hoping fellow BHPians can perhaps guide me to better decision.

Vivek

if the innova is still on your radar, then I suggest you go for that with your eyes closed. As a current tata owner, you already know what your experience is going to be :)

Thats sad to hear Vivek, however these things happen (not too often though). Hang on bro, whats a few more days to reclaim your life :D

As such it may be considered okay if they have waited for your check to indent the vehicle. Unless ofcourse if they promised otherwise.
After indentation, Safari takes upto 2 weeks for 2wd and 4 weeks for 4wd for delivery. Especially so for GX as you can choose a colour combination which is only made to order.

I was told a waiting period of 4 weeks for my Mountain green 4x4. However, They delivered it in less than 3 weeks. But, that's in Mumbai, can't say how bad it is in Noida. You may PM tsk1979 and take his suggession on this. Or you can speak to Suman. He might be of great help while dealing with NCR Tata dealers.

Its 10-14 days at Trivandrum if they dont have one in stock. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 (Post 1319476)
Can't think straight..and hoping fellow BHPians can perhaps guide me to better decision.

Head over heart decision or a heart over head decision? :uncontrol
I would opt for the second one.

If you don't mind the Innova it's a no brainer, go for it. Me personally don't like a minivan and I need 4x4, hence I have to choose between Safari/Scorpio.

Call Tata helpline or get the bullet proof Innova.

I have been on the pilot seat of both Innova and Safari for long drives, distance close to 350 KM. I feel Innova is anytime better than Safari. So if Innova is still on your radar, you may seal the deal.

Just go to another dealer, why settle for a van when you've chosen a SUV

Try Autolinks at Hauz Khas OR Him Motors - Patparganj, avoid the famous Noida dealer

I suggest just hang on, if you want Safari than there is no second. As suggested by breezydrive, try some other dealer, and tell Sterling that you are dumping them. I can help if you want to buy from Gurgaon and get it registered in Delhi or wherever.

Cool off,

Stick with the dealer - Finding another one may be an added hassel.

Expect Delivery in max of 4 weeks.

Stick to Safari, unless you are one of those who get very flustered by visits to service centre and simply prefer peace of mind over listening to the heart.

Innova is a safe bet, but I think will not tick the right cords at your heart.

Quote:

it will take 10 days for it to dealership.
This is a usual delivery time taken for the Safari, nothing to worry and wait for the vehicle to come and the GX are now in full demand and guess you are lucky to get it in 2 weeks.

I think its all bollocks. You shouldnt have to wait so long. The Safari isnt blazing the sales chart.
Most importantly, if no one seems to be responding from the head office, then you better not hope against hope.
Go for Toyota, if the vehicle suits your need and purpose.
What is your gut feeling about the whole thing ?

Cheers,
J