Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2005, 00:29   #1
BHPian

Honda City - wait time ??

Hi.I had booked a Honda City GXi CVT through Ichibaan Honda,Worli 5 weeks back..well, when I booked the car,I was told by Honda Dealer that it take around 3-4 weeks for CVT delivery.
Till date,they haven't got my car and tell me that they don't know when the company is sending them black CVT..!!..
They told me that they have ALL other colours in CVT EXCEPT Black..and the sales guy calls me every few days,and tells me that the factory has sent more CVT cars except black !!..
This is totally ridiculous..Even after Ichibaan get a Black CVT with them,it will take around 5 working days for the Insurance/Registration for getting delivery.
What I wanted to ask - are other Honda Dealers,like Linkway also having this much of wait time??..any idea?
On top,Ichibaan hasn't given a single penny off the Company list price of the vehicle..just a Floor Mats set and a Trunk Mat free..(Rs1,300 worth accessories !)..
I have purchased 4 years extended warranty on the vehicle for Rs8,320.All other accessories,I'll fit from outside.I just hope I get delivery before monsoons !
Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 01:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
congrats on your purchase just hope you get the car soon.will be waiting for some pics and a ownership report once you get it.

rev
Old 8th June 2005, 08:30   #3
BHPian

This is not the first time I heard this. Some colours for Honda are really hard to get. This is because the company is not making enough of those. This is true for the Black CVT as well as white 3000 accord.

Checking with other dealers may help as another one could have one in stock and you may be lucky.
Old 8th June 2005, 11:58   #4
BHPian

Uh.Guys pardone my ignoranve,But waht is CVT?.
Old 8th June 2005, 12:07   #5
BHPian

congrats on the purchase...
the long waiting period does makes getting discounts on the city impossible...
honda has clearly got to do something abt this.
btw white looks just as good on the city....my 2 cents!!!
Old 8th June 2005, 12:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wow, black NHC? I must say that they're pretty rare. Atleast i haven't seen a single black NHC on the roads.

Shan2nu
Old 8th June 2005, 12:39   #7
BHPian

i've seen many here in delhi...
black nhc + hard chrome rims looks coool!!
Old 8th June 2005, 13:17   #8
BHPian

Yeah amit..I'm planning for 14 inch wider Bridgestone tire upgrades on the Black CVT as well as All Chrome Neowheels Alloys..
Got a call from Ichibaan today..they say another 2 weeks more for them to get the car,that means another 3 weeks for me to get delivery !..making a total Booking till Delivery period of around 8 weeks.
Wanted to ask - which is a good design among 14 inch neowheels Chromes - Matrix or Titan ?..(For Black NHC)
www.neowheels.com

Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 13:24   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Uh.Guys pardone my ignoranve,But waht is CVT
Its Continous Variable transmission aks its a automatic car..

@ Srasnia this aint the first time Ichibaan has done this. They are used to have done this many times. Promise you when buying it wont take long and then take thier own time.
Old 8th June 2005, 13:49   #10
BHPian

the matrix is much better to look at.
btw, i would recommend some other rims for the city. there is a black nhc in my neighbourhood, with a stunning combo of rims. these are like 7/8 thick spoke rims which really look awesome. i'll try and find out the make.
Old 8th June 2005, 13:54   #11
BANNED

I would advice you to go for 5 spoke alloys. The rimes on my NHC were similar to the Neo Matrix. Really difficult to clean and i would advice you to look into imported ones. They come in 5 pieces as well.
Old 8th June 2005, 14:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Seen a few black NHCs in Bangalore. Pretty hot. The dude that lives behind me has one.

Ichibaan Honda had a similar problem about a year ago, if I remember. Some guy booked a dark blue NHC and payed up. 4 weeks later he was told that Honda had discontinued the coulour, so please pick another one. He complained to ACI, and they took the matter up with the dealer and the company. As a result, Honda SIEL manufactured another batch of cars with the colour and sent them across.

Srasania, you're pickin up a nice car, bro. Both Matrix and Titan are ok. Why don't you try Dozen. The thin spokes look very classy. Seen something similar on a dark blue NHC. Otherwise another option could be the OHC Vtec wheels.

Do send pics!
Old 8th June 2005, 14:54   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Otherwise another option could be the OHC Vtec wheels
Seen a NHC Silver(Golden type) CVT with these wheels and ACcord deck. Really looked awesome. But they are costly.
Old 8th June 2005, 15:52   #14
BHPian

v1p3r,I love Dozen,Vector,Luxor and Avalon Chrome..but all of these aren't available in the size I need for NHC..
NHC has 14 inch standard tires..so,I'll need only 14 inch alloys..
I like a few 14 inch imported alloys which I saw had excellent designs..but they aren't in chrome..so,I'm very confused as to which to go for.. Neo chrome or imported ones..

Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 16:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ichibaan has always been a troublemaker for its customers. Why didnt you try booking the car with Linkway in the first place? They are much much better than Ichibaan

Dippy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks