Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2005, 13:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
If i am right it should be in the NHC category right.
Its pitted against the likes of the Corolla / Civic / Elantra here and is cheaper than all three. Yeah its about that size, but lets see what engine options they give in India if and when they do launch it. There was talk about a 'made for india' "D-" segment car undergoing trials in Australia, and that it was NOT going to be the Focus.

Lets hope all this doesnt boil down to hocus pocus...
Old 8th June 2005, 14:04   #17
BHPian

absolutely right there...
ford india desp needs a car to boost their image.
dont think the ikon is selling much. fusioin's price wont let it sell. mondeo's been badly beaten up by the accords. endeavour is selling but not quite satisfactorily.
focus is a neat looking car and may give the octavia some tough competetion...
btw dont expect it to sell any less than a million rupees here!
Old 8th June 2005, 14:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Wonder why Ford cant bring in the Mazdas with a Ford badge, since they own that company anyway. The Mazda 6 and 3 would have been much better products than the Mondeo and the Focus...they look so much better than anything else on Indian roads, too.
OH GOD..please bring the 6 and the 3 to india...im gonna be sad leaving my car back (Mazda6) back in the states whenever im in school in india :(. Damn...if only LHD imports were allowed in india...
Old 8th June 2005, 15:15   #19
BHPian

it is going to be a Duratec 1.8L engine.

Quote:
Its pitted against the likes of the Corolla / Civic / Elantra here and is cheaper than all three. Yeah its about that size, but lets see what engine options they give in India if and when they do launch it. There was talk about a 'made for india' "D-" segment car undergoing trials in Australia, and that it was NOT going to be the Focus.

Lets hope all this doesnt boil down to hocus pocus...
And Duratec is as good as it gets.
Old 8th June 2005, 15:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
And Duratec is as good as it gets.
Where did you get your info from? As for the Duratec, I feel the Jap engines are smoother and develop more power anyway.
Old 8th June 2005, 15:46   #21
BHPian

used to

Quote:
Where did you get your info from? As for the Duratec, I feel the Jap engines are smoother and develop more power anyway.
used to work in detroit for a long, very long time.
have driven, why, opened up many engines, used to write embedded software for ECU.

Trust me.
Duratec is Ford's Pride.
Old 8th June 2005, 15:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
used to work in detroit for a long, very long time.
have driven, why, opened up many engines, used to write embedded software for ECU.

Trust me.
Duratec is Ford's Pride.
Well, we've got some of Ford's pride under the bonnets of a dozen Mondeos for the office and one under the hood of my personal mondy. Hate to disappoint you, but I find the Honda and Nissan engines smoother, more powerful and troublefree.

Whats more, my fuel pump's just started whining - its happened to a few of our Mondy's and I'm afraid I've caught the flu too...

Do you work for Ford, by any chance?

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th June 2005 at 15:54.
Old 8th June 2005, 16:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Well, we've got some of Ford's pride under the bonnets of a dozen Mondeos for the office and one under the hood of my personal mondy. Hate to disappoint you, but I find the Honda and Nissan engines smoother, more powerful and troublefree.

Whats more, my fuel pump's just started whining - its happened to a few of our Mondy's and I'm afraid I've caught the flu too...

Do you work for Ford, by any chance?
sorry to hear that.
Agree on your comments on Honda and Nissan.
Excellent engines.
Fuel pump may not be connected to the engine's problem. Duratec usually is a safe bet for 200,000Kms.
I will answer you in detail.
Got a meeting now.
No, I did not work for Ford.
thanks for your reply
Old 8th June 2005, 21:24   #24
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Steeroid]

QUOTE]

notorious problem of mondy's

Don't see too many new Focii so far. People seem to go for Minis, Golfs and the new Astra.

Having really thrashed the pants of a Focus - it stood up well and drove well but does not seem bulletproof over a long term unlike a honda / toyota
Old 8th June 2005, 22:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trust me.
Duratec is Ford's Pride.
Ford new global 4cyl engine is the MZR series from Mazda. My sister drives a 2005 Mazda 3 with the 2.3 MZR. Its torquey but still no match for Honda K-24 or Toyota's Camry motor when it comes to refinement or NVH.

Ford calls this engine Duratec in the states but it has no connection to the Mondeo's engine. Duratec is just a marketing name (like Vortec) , there are many engines that go by the name Duratec and they are not all the same.

Last edited by Mpower : 8th June 2005 at 23:04.
Old 9th June 2005, 18:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

11L for a focus?? Seems like it'll go down the Fusion way. I think that the hatch Focus looks infinitely better than the sedan. But 11L for a hatch is even more ridiculous.
Old 9th June 2005, 19:01   #27
BHPian

Hmmm.... What's wrong with this picture...
Ford Ikon was the European version of Ford Focus launched in the Mid-late 90s? Ford then dropped the Ikon altogether overseas (except for India) and continued with the Focus.

Now if they introduce the Focus in India, the choice will not really be between an Ikon and a Focus, but a 1997 Focus and a 2005 Focus.

Feel free to correct me if I got my facts wrong.
Old 9th June 2005, 20:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ikon is booted version of the Mk4 Fiesta. Its still sold in India, S. Africa and Mexico.

Focus is a much bigger car.
Old 10th June 2005, 08:17   #29
BHPian

So finally the real competitors of the Corolla i.e the focus and the civic are on for the country. Wish they would all start at 9 L.
Old 10th June 2005, 08:35   #30
BHPian

how about a stang....?? why is india deprived of such a great motor...........i wish they launch mustang in india this year...none will bother about the other sedans then......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks