Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 00:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Endy's trying to be a Fiesta at the front..Those curvy headlamps somehow doesn't seem to gel well with the boxy all muscle car that was.The rest looks ok..I prefer the current one.
Old 30th May 2009, 00:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

The car in the pics is the Thai version . I wonder how long before we get it here.
Old 30th May 2009, 00:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

The new Endeavour has a tinge of LC Amazon upfront . Check the pic below. Anyway I liked it but as someone else had posted they need to pay more attention to customer requirements . So I just hope that this one is not that bumpy to ride in and not to mention unusable third row.
Attached Thumbnails
The new 2009 Ford endeavour-comparison.jpg  

Old 30th May 2009, 09:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

The headlamps looks as if they are straight out of a Fabia And the grill from LC Prado. Not at all impressed.
Old 31st May 2009, 17:41   #20
BHPian

New SUV from Ford ?

I was traveling by the G.S.T Road, Chennai today at about 10.30. I was on my way to a few temples in the Maduranthakam District when I just noticed a car passing on the other side of the road with testing covers on its hood and in the rear. It looked very similar to the Ford Endavor. I suspect that it could be a revamp of the Endavor because I wasn't quite far away from the Ford factory which happens to be on the same road. I've asked on of my friends working in the Ford Credit Company. And unfortunately I couldn't click any pics because I was driving @ 90-100kph and couldn't even take my camera out. Please inform us all if any of you fellow t-bhpians have any news !

Cheers and luck,
Kaushik
Old 31st May 2009, 17:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

1) Ford is planning to launch Endeavor with updated looks. The changes will mostly be cosmetic. Interiors might receive minor upgrades.
Its possible that you saw this car.

2) Chances are that you might have also spotted Fortuner. Its equally huge.
Old 31st May 2009, 17:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Ford is planning to launch Endeavor with updated looks. The changes will mostly be cosmetic. Interiors might receive minor upgrades.
Its possible that you saw this car.

2) Chances are that you might have also spotted Fortuner. Its equally huge.
Wow. I hope its the Fortuner. Looked quite good. I'll try if I can get any of the pics of the suspected Fortuner from my friend at the FCO. Thanks for the immediate reply aaggoswami.

Update:

I got a reply from my friend at the Ford Credit Operation. He said that the Fortuner might come even before a cosmetically revamped Endeavor and the hatchback Fiesta found in Europe is more likely to make its way to India even before the Fortuner.

Last edited by kaush666 : 31st May 2009 at 18:00.
Old 31st May 2009, 18:25   #23
BANNED

Its already been discussed/ing here . Mod's please merge
Old 31st May 2009, 19:16   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
This shall be a good upgrade in the wake of Fortuner, but the crutial issue of ride quality & second row seating postion needs to be tackled, which doesn't seem likely because of the platform restrictions.
I don't think it is a platform restriction issue. The Hilux/Innova/Fortuner share the platform and Toyota has made the effort to put coil springs at the back of the Innova/Fortuner. Ford just lacks the will. Typicall attitue of the American Auto industry which has got them into this mess !!
Old 31st May 2009, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

for me, its much better than earlier one. One machine I have in my shopping wishlist, and currently on some of the top
Old 31st May 2009, 19:32   #26
BANNED

@4x4addict, offcourse these are platform restrictions!
Toyota's Hilux/Fortuner/Innova platform are relatively recent.
Still ride quality can be improved, but what about seating position(low/crouched), not much can be done here because of the high floor & low roof!

Ford should scale down Endeavour's price with new launch to counter Toyota. Otherwise, there's a fair chance of it going into oblivion.
Old 1st June 2009, 04:59   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know why, but I prefer the older Endeavour. This vehicle seems more upmarket and fortuner-ish, while the old model was rugged!
Have they increased the height of the seats?
Old 1st June 2009, 10:47   #28
xPK
BHPian

Disappointed!

What is this? Looks terrible to me. No SUV factor any more. Looks like it's good for nothing. (unless ford ships it out in xylo-innova range) I really wonder how many folks will prefer this one to the current one if prices are same.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

2009 Version definitly looks more Swanky to me.I wasnt a great admirer of Endevour till now.
Old 1st June 2009, 11:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
What is this? Looks terrible to me. No SUV factor any more. Looks like it's good for nothing. (unless ford ships it out in xylo-innova range) I really wonder how many folks will prefer this one to the current one if prices are same.
Current Endeavor sale is doing much better, and certainly the looks are better. This will challenge Fortuner and Pajero for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks