Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

OT - Buy the way guys word of caution Japanese people hate being called japs. It is considered impolite and down right insulting like what the black people were addressed many decades ago.

Whilst studying in the US in 1994 my Japanese friend corrected me and was very offended. In world war 2 this term was used in a derogetary manner by many, much like calling Germans Nazi's today. In india we are unaware of this but it is true cheers

Shaman in Mumbai informed me 3 liter to be reintroduced (did not know they stopped the new CRDI 3 liter version introduced last year or was it 07) with auto tranny in aug end earley sept.

Last edited by canonball : 22nd July 2009 at 12:29.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Shaman in Mumbai informed me 3 liter to be reintroduced (did not know they stopped the new CRDI 3 liter version introduced last year or was it 07) with auto tranny in aug end earley sept.
So what's powering the Thunder + these days - I thought it was a 3 liter?
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

I saw a ford SUV test mule today in Bangalore, near Tumkur Road/IISc/RMV 2nd stage. The logos/grill/headlamps/rearlamps/badging was covered, rest of the body was uncovered.
Unfortunately couldn't take any pics. It looked similar to the current Ford Endeavour.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:17   #49
BHPian

I have always liked the Endy and like this one too, I hope they have sorted out the rear ride. Looks good in my opinion, but some of that Macho look is missing, which the current one's have.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:39   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I saw a ford SUV test mule today in Bangalore, near Tumkur Road/IISc/RMV 2nd stage. The logos/grill/headlamps/rearlamps/badging was covered, rest of the body was uncovered.
Unfortunately couldn't take any pics. It looked similar to the current Ford Endeavour.
Even the facelift pics posted here on this thread look a lot similar to the current Endeavour, save for the lights etc. So the facelifted version is going to be here soon.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:41   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

3 Liter is available with 4x4 in the Thunder costing about 18+ lakh. The XLT and Limited are available only in 4x2 with the 2.5 TDCI engine.
Old 9th August 2009, 20:12   #52
BHPian

Thats the King of Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Can we do like this with the New Endeavour
YouTube - 1000 hp Nissan Patrol climbing a mega-dune
LOL Thats the king of road Nissan Patrol I saw it.... hmmm too good...
Old 21st August 2009, 21:35   #53
BHPian

New Ford Endevour

New Ford Endevour to be launched soon. Availibity of existing model (XLT) running out of stock. This always happens when a new model is to be launched.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
New Ford Endevour to be launched soon. Availibity of existing model (XLT) running out of stock. This always happens when a new model is to be launched.
Newspaper reports say they will launch it next week try to fight off the Fortuner. Guess they need to clear the existing stock or no one is going to buy the older one knowing the revised look has been launched. The new one still has the archaic leaf spring set up at the back so I am not sure how many people will pick it over the Fortuner just for the revised headlights and grill.
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:44   #55
BHPian

These guys seemed to have reviewed it already

Ford Endeavour - Scaling new heights

The article seems to suggest there's going to be no manual gearbox for the 3.0L. Clear sign that Ford really want to take the Fortuner head-on.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:19   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford's scared of the Fortuner effect, and justifiably so. I can't figure out why they toned down the macho effect of the Endeavour though. It will continue to have its own fan club, however small it may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
The autobox seems like a typical American unresponsive unit.
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:03   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post

The article seems to suggest there's going to be no manual gearbox for the 3.0L. Clear sign that Ford really want to take the Fortuner head-on.
How is not offering a manual on the 3.0 taking on the Fortuner? If Ford decides to offer the 3.0 with Auto only it will be really sad since that is one kick-*** motor. I sincerely doubt it though, given that Autos typically account for only a small share of each models sales. I think by offering an Auto,they may steal some sales from the Fortuner assuming that Toyota doesn't launch the auto initially.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 23rd August 2009 at 14:05.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:18   #58
Team-BHP Support

I agree with both of you on the front headlamp look at least. This peeled back front light concepts doesn't do justice to SUVs - detracts from the butch look. I preferred the outgoing front light shape. Was in keeping with its character.

Haven't closely reviewed the other changes but hopefully they're for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
I second that.No model after the first version of endeavour looked "THE MACHO".And ford fails yet again ! God save them.The only thing we had bought many endeavours because of it's comfort for heavy people.
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:31   #59
BHPian

Anybody got any idea whrn this is due for launch in India?
Old 24th August 2009, 11:52   #60
BHPian

launch date

Enquired at Shaman in Mumbai and they said the launch date maybe 10th of September 09
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks