Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 14:08   #61
BHPian

The article in BS Motoring appears to have been written with a lot of restraint , could be a bit of safe play, bias and prejudices with imminent launch of Fortuner and brand image of Toyota , its relaibility, practicality etc. in mind. Had it not been for Fortuner's launch , I believe all SUV/ 4*4 enthusiasts would have gone ga ga over the news of launch of Endeavour 4*4 AT.

I would love to test drive it again with AT as I tested the XLT and loved the way engine pulled - absolutely smooth, quick and addictive. Why I dropped it- because too long clutch pedal and no comforts in the driving seat- overall it felt spartan from inside ( could be perceived).

Last edited by shatrughna : 24th August 2009 at 14:10.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:16   #62
BHPian

Well, my friend wanted to buy a XLT. I know someone very close to the Ford guys. Checked with him about discounts and was told to wait. Expected launch date around 15th Sept. May start from Chennai. Change is only the looks (outside & some interiors). The engine will be the current 3ltr. Only one engine (hint) to stay.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:43   #63
BHPian

Hope by this one engine they mean the 3 litre and not the 2.5 ltr one.
15th Sep is not too far and hope it is better than Fortuner else I ll again be in a dilemma. Can they make it an appealing, powerpacked and feature rich, affordable, smart , vfm 4*4 backed by super cool after sales support to deserve my money that may be many of us earn with years of toil and sweat and love to spend on a dream that they try to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Well, my friend wanted to buy a XLT. I know someone very close to the Ford guys. Checked with him about discounts and was told to wait. Expected launch date around 15th Sept. May start from Chennai. Change is only the looks (outside & some interiors). The engine will be the current 3ltr. Only one engine (hint) to stay.
Old 24th August 2009, 22:32   #64
BHPian

I had been to Lathangi Ford today and the Sales person told me that the new Endeavor will be launched in a couple of weeks, the MT will be available only with the advanced 2.5 Ltr. engine and the 3 Ltr. engine would be AT only. they have no idea of how would it look like. I have sent them the link to this page.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:10   #65
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer : the new endeavour is on display now.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Just got a call from the dealer : the new endeavour is on display now.
did you get the see it? any thing better you find in the new version. ford expects to take the fight to the toyota camp.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:45   #67
BHPian

^^I could not make it today.I'll go there tomorrow.
No info from other bhpians?
Old 8th September 2009, 10:21   #68

I just heard it on one of the news channels that the new endy is going to be launched tomorrow.
Old 9th September 2009, 09:46   #69
BHPian

Details and the latest update on Ford Endeavour available here. These threads could be merged now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks