Team-BHP - Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59605-why-ritz-vdi-more-expensive-than-swift-vdi.html)

Hi,

Simple question: Why Ritz VDi is expensive than Swift VDi ?
:Frustrati

Thanks.

Why would it not be?

Its a more modern car.
Its got more space.
And its got the same engine!

I thought ritz was selling a little cheaper than swift

Ritz diesel is BS4, Swift diesel is BS3. The Swift(Vdi) is still slightly pricier by a few thousand rupees. Once they bump up the Swift diesel to BS4, the price difference will go up further

Ritz costlier than Swift..Im appaled.
Doesnt Maruti ever get its pricing right?

I thought Ritz was smaller than Swift ??!! This is weird. Swift is already over price i think. Palio MJ is 1 lac cheaper than Swift same engine same tech stuff same weight.

the Swift Vdi is 2.5k costlier than Ritz Vdi ( source Maruti website)

Swift VDi is costlier than the Ritz.

Simple Question: Do we need this thread? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 1326698)
Swift VDi is costlier than the Ritz.

Simple Question: Do we need this thread? :)

With the Multijet Fiat engine, its always the case of "OLD WINE BOTTLE with a new LABEL":D

After all the fighting that goes on between the Hatchback's in India, FIAT always wins the Battle.

We certainly dont need a thread for this question, mods could merge this with some Ritz thread:)

i thought it was other way around with swift being 2-5k expensive than ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1326746)
After all the fighting that goes on between the Hatchback's in India, FIAT always wins the Battle.

Fiat Wins..lol :) .
When where are how..? I hope they had sales figures to prove. lol:

i realized decent small car do not cost 4 lakhs anymore, it now cost 5 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 1326795)
Fiat Wins..lol :) .
When where are how..? I hope they had sales figures to prove. lol:

Anna,

If you need to know, and For Your Information,:uncontrol all the Maruti diesel hatchbacks run on Fiat engines, if not for Fiat's Maruti's would never on earth would have sold such numbers in Diesel Hatchs or Compact sedans:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1326967)
Anna,

If you need to know, and For Your Information,:uncontrol all the Maruti diesel hatchbacks run on Fiat engines, if not for Fiat's Maruti's would never on earth would have sold such numbers in Diesel Hatchs or Compact sedans:D

That too after Maruti spent so much earlier to brand Fiat's as gas guzzlers. Ironically today the most fuel efficient maruti uses a Fiat engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1326967)
Anna,

If you need to know, and For Your Information,:uncontrol all the Maruti diesel hatchbacks run on Fiat engines

*Cough* Zen D*cough*Peugeot TUD5*Cough* :D

but agree, maruti managed these scales only with the diesel swift