Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 18:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tejas,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Another full tank done. Still 5.5 average. Total kms done 700.
I can understand your feeling.

Why don't you take it for a longer drive peferably on a highway and check the mileage? Or have you already done that?

Try to get the figure certified by the ARAI for this particular model. Then you would know about the realistic figure that is possible to get out of it.
Old 21st June 2009, 00:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

A friend has one and she gets around 6-8kmpl. With AC. We used to have an esteem auto in the family a few years back, and even that used to be better than this, with a 3 speed auto and a 1.3 litre engine.

But i don't think even the manual i10 has good mileage.
Old 21st June 2009, 20:55   #48

I drove a friends i10 Auto and was shocked to find that the fuel gauge has actually dipped quite a bit in just around 30-40 Kms of driving. Didn't really measure the Mileage, but with the way the Gauge fell a couple of notches speaks for itself.

Could this problem result due to a faulty E.C.U. sending excess fuel to the engine??

Just my two bit: The Shifts according to the Tacho were between 2.5k to 3k RPM which does not seem to indicate any Shift/ gear related problems.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

My Cielo GLE Automatic (Bought in 1996) used to deliver a consistant 6.5 kpl thoughout its 8 yrs of service. That was a 1 ton + car, with a 1.5 lts engine.

Newer tech in a smaller car should have been be more efficient...
Old 25th June 2009, 10:34   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, i've been driving around my dad's i10 AT now for a nearly a week. Shall do a full tank over the weekend and see the FE.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:25   #51
BANNED

close to 4k kms now and the mileage has gone up close to 9-10. DO not fill up full at all. it hates it. fill up 1k of fuel and thats good to go. 33psi at all time and not to rev above 2k at all. this will take it to 10 easy. i am vouching for more in future.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Off Topic: Last weekend episode of Overdrive had a question about i10 AT fuel efficiency and that person had mentioned 'popular forum' as source for 5-8 kmpl for i10 AT.

Most of i10 AT owners on the fourm(and on this thread) are from Mumbai & we have only one post mentioning 12 kmpl from a non-member in chennai.

Do we have members owning i10 AT in cities other than mumbai?
Old 29th June 2009, 10:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Some good news finally. I drove dad's i10 for a week and covered approx 150kms. Used the kickdown mode a lot. Got an average of 7.36. Considering the previous averages of 5.5, this is quite a jump and i'm happy about it. Hopefully first service should do more wonders.
However, it's sad to note that if a person drives very less (approx 2kms a day for dad) he should get abysmal averages.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
However, it's sad to note that if a person drives very less (approx 2kms a day for dad) he should get abysmal averages.
I think that's true for any car - automatic or manual.
My average running of about 5 kms daily resulted in getting just 10-11kmpl from a manual WagonR !
Old 29th June 2009, 17:37   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Most of i10 AT owners on the fourm(and on this thread) are from Mumbai & we have only one post mentioning 12 kmpl from a non-member in chennai.
Do we have members owning i10 AT in cities other than mumbai?
Hi - My i10 Auto is about 2 months old and I drive the vehicle in Bangalore's crazy traffic. Regarding mileage - Frist 1200 kms gave me about 7.5 kmpl in peak traffic hours with 75% AC. My drive is very short having about 3 kms one way and some 10-20 kms on week ends.

after first service, even though they don't do anything other than washing, the gas mileage started improving to above 8 kmpl. In the recent tank full it gave me close to 8.5 in city limits with 50% AC.

On highway, I was able to achieve better FE. I just completed 700 kms trip (with 4+1 adults, 100% AC) and the combined mileage (15% city, 5% mountain and 80% highway) that I achieved is 13.2 kmpl.

If I exclude climbing the hill and city driving, looking at the speedo needle, I guess it gave me close to 15 on just highway.

PS: I'm a newbie and if the information is not clear, please ask me specific questions.
Old 29th June 2009, 21:10   #56
BHPian

I am getting the FE around 10-11km/l after having the 2nd service. It has completed around 3000kms as of now.

It is seems to be pretty decent mileage for me considering I will be using the AC in the city for about 50% of time. It is really pleasure to drive even in the worst traffic conditions.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:55   #57
BHPian

My i10 Sports AT Avg FE is 9.15 kmpl

I have been driving our i10 Sports AT for about six months. Done 3400 kms. The average FE is found to be around 9kmpl. Mostly driven in the New Delhi city limits with AC is on all the time. Light footed. Most of the time driving under 40 kmph due to several speed breakers in our campus roads.

We had a trip to Agra once. It returned 12 kmpl. Three adults with warmer is on throught the trip. Driving speed 100+ kmph for 25% of the total distance covered.

Lowest FE was 7.24 kmpl.

Second service is due in July. It would be great if I get around 10 kmpl for city drives, after service!
Old 30th June 2009, 19:39   #58
BANNED

good news. rs.1000 fuel from indian oil at airport mumbai and 200 kms done, do the MATH. . still the reserve has not started.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:06   #59
BHPian

Posting a colleague's email on company's internal mailing list about his i10 AT sportz.

I will ask him to join T-BHP and share his experiences in detail.

-------
Hi,

I have been driving the i10 AT Sportz for 8 months now, and I have had
no reason to complain. When I bought the car, the i10 was the only
hatchback available with auto transmission (the Wagon R has an auto
variant, but there are no good reviews available, and I don't even know
if it is still offered by Maruti). Now even the i20 has an AT.

I have no reason to be disappointed with the performance or the mileage
of the car. Before the oil change (2nd free service) I was getting 11-12
kmpl in the city with full a/c and up to 17 kmpl on the highway without
a/c. After the oil change, I am getting around 13 in the city with a/c
and around 19-20 on the highway
. This is only marginally less than the
manual transmission model.
--------
Old 4th August 2009, 12:57   #60

My first post on t-bhp forum...

I am the worthy i10 AT owner referred to by Gandhi in the below post. I did hear some horror stories from i10 AT owners (and also on t-bhp forums) that the car gives no more than 8-9 kmpl in the city, but I went ahead because I needed a car with AT for less than 8 lakhs.

Here's some things which I felt I must share regarding my "superior" FE experience:

1. Some conventional rules for improving FE do not apply with an auto transmission. For example, I ensure that the AT upshifts between 2500-2700 rpm and not at 2000 rpm like in a MT. The reason is (i learned it from a friend who has driven only AT cars in the US) that an AT gives better FE when it is pushed a bit. Unlike in a MT, an AT will downshift very frequently and without a real reason to do so - so it is imperative to keep the tacho in the 2200ish range as much as possible. The idea is to prevent the AT from downshifting and upshifting for every 5 kph difference in speed.

2. I changed the stock tyres to Bridgestone Turanza 175/70 R14. This has improved both stability and FE. I always felt that 80 ps was too much power for the 155 stocks and may result in loss of FE, and I have been proved right. I did nearly 300 km on the stock tyres and got a best FE of 10 kmpl in the city. I traded them in for the new shoes and see how things have turned!

3. I use the a/c like a home a/c - I don't keep it on all the time. When the cabin is sufficiently cool, I turn the a/c off and use only the blowers, and then turn the a/c back on when the temp goes up. In Bangalore, I need the a/c only to keep out the smoke and dust and hence I use it only in heavy traffic.

4. When I stop at a signal, I put the car into "P" gear and take my foot off the brake for short stops and turn off the engine for long stops. When the car is in the "D" mode, there is slight forward movement produced even without pressing the accelerator. So by keeping the car on "D" even at a signal stop, the engine is still working to produce some movement. It's arguable that this results in as many gearshifts as a MT, but the effect shows on the FE. At least you don't need to measure and press the clutch!

5. Last, but not the least, I use only Shell fuel (Shell Super Unleaded) as far as possible. I definitely feel the car to be much smoother to drive, and I get easily 20% better FE with this fuel than any other "Indian" petrol. Disadvantage, of course, is that Shell bunks are not very many and one needs to be near a metro city to get it. I would love to try Speed 97 sometime, but I don't want to pamper the car with it.

Most recent FE calculation on the highway. Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Chamundi Hill-Mysore-Bangalore, total of 366 km, fuel used 18 litres. FE = 20 kmpl! I kept the needle between 90-110 kph nearly through the journey (and even raced with a Verna CRDI along the way back, albeit a losing battle!)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks