Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 22:13   #16
BHPian

Hoping for the best ...

This sounds like a good opportunity for Hyderabadis to meet up; maybe
celebrate the Deccan Charges victory too .
Hope nobody is disappointed - a similar one I attended in Bangalore a
couple of years ago was a damp squib; we who wasted 1.5 hours getting
to that venue learnt 3 things that day:
1) Organizers are not going to spend the amount of time and money
needed to put up a good show, at more than 1 place in the country
- Pragati Maidan will get the best show
2) The Verna has no rear leg room to speak of.
3) The Italjet scooter from Kinetic has pathetic braking
Not exactly the take-aways we had in mind from an "International" show.

P.S: For those interested in it, the Stanley stall had the best eye-candy
Old 4th July 2009, 17:23   #17
BHPian

im in for this. i haven;t been to one of these shows till date. Raj any idea on the entry fees?
Old 15th July 2009, 06:04   #18
BHPian

so any one got passes or tickets to the event??

i would be there for sure. if any one have extra pass to share i would surely buy it. count me on that. thanks
Old 15th July 2009, 11:03   #19
BHPian

Am in too. Anybody got the passes? how much does the pass cost and where to buy?

Sorry got the ticket info -

Entry Ticket Rs.100/- per head. Tickets are available at the Venue during the show days (or) you may buy your tickets from Talwar Hyundai Show room at S.P. Road, near Anand Theater, Sec,bad. (or) Talwar Hyundai Show room at Banjara Hills Road no.2, opp. Kasu Brahmananda Reddy Park, hyderabad

Last edited by windsurfer : 15th July 2009 at 11:04.
Old 18th July 2009, 09:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Bump

Thanks to an invite graciously handed over by a fellow TBHPian, I went for the event yesterday just as the opening ceremonies were getting over.

The vintage cars and bikes on display were a special treat. No, RR & JLR were not there. The most exotic on display were an AMG63 and a 6 series. Most marquees with a presence in India are participating. Audi, MB, BMW, VW, Tata, Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford, GM, Yamaha, and Bajaj have put up almost their entire range on display. Porsche has displayed a Cayman. Sudhakar of Sudha Cars Mueseum has displayed some neat interiors and a few of his one off designs.

HICC is a nice venue with adequate parking, and well appointed hall. I hope this show becomes a regular feature and that there are more participants in the years to come, particularly the accessories and aftermarket chaps.

I go back on Sunday.

Cheers,
Old 18th July 2009, 10:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

NO photos Raveendra??Is camera allowed ?
Old 18th July 2009, 11:10   #22
DKG
Senior - BHPian

For a first time show the Auto Show at Hyderabad is a very well organised event.

The one car that really blew me away was the BMW X6 in white. I don't know why but I just loved the concept of a crossover (I know many don't think so worldwide) but I think BMW has an awesome machine for India. Higher ground clearance, all wheel drive and gorgeous styling. Right now the X6 is my pick from the stable. I am a huge fan of the 5 series but that black 7 series looked awesome too. No other car in the market that I've seen has such a massive door opening at the rear. You have to look at it to believe it.

I remember the first time I had seen a Z8 I couldn't get over its detailing. I always liked that car although never drove it. Something about the Z8 reminded me of the AC Cobras . Muscular and mean. I find the 650 series too toned down, too soft, too "nice" and "lovely".

Its high time BMW did some limited edition cars. How about a 2 seater monster, something that rides like a cart, is loud but in a sporty way, very sharp, with brutal crispness in handling. Something that is serious competition for a 911. BMW can do it.

The other car that really impressed me was the Nano. It really is brilliant. So much car for so little money. Unbelievable. It is an icon no doubt and Tata deserves full credit for an amazing product. Someday I will buy one. Its small, economical and just right for our congested city traffic.

The Q5 from Audi makes a lot of sense. Its quite big, not exactly a small SUV. They were telling me it does nought to 100 in 6.7 seconds Boy that is quick !!

The other star in the show was an amazing AMG SL 63. Wow what a car. I had once heard in a video a AMG SL 500 accelerating hard. What an astounding sound that V8 made. Am sure the SL 63 is a step ahead in every way. A friend who was there in the night when the SL was driven in for dispay told me the growl of the engine had everyone rushing to the Mercedes stall. Hyderabad now has two great roads for this car. I hope someone buys it and keeps it here. Its only 1.7

Overall a great first beginning and full credit to Saral Talwar and his wife for organising this event. Congrats and I see it getting bigger and better in years to come. You now have the credibility to pull off something much much bigger and go full international.
Old 18th July 2009, 17:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
For a first time show the Auto Show at Hyderabad is a very well organised event.

The other star in the show was an amazing AMG SL 63. Wow what a car...... I hope someone buys it and keeps it here. Its only 1.7
Only 1.7?? A little more than a fully-loaded Nano, eh?

It was a lovely show and I met many Bhpians there---mobike008, Absynthguzzler, Pulsar56, Himanshu, Huntrz, Prabhu, Hillram, etc. But most of them disappeared into thin air by the time I finished my rounds!

Hillram's Lambretta Li Innocenti looked fabulous, and so did the other vintage cars. I liked the Beemer sports model the most---was that the 650i, Avi?
Kudos to the Talwars for bringing this show to Hyd!
Old 18th July 2009, 22:02   #24
BHPian

Am gonna be there tomorrow. Hvn't met any bhpen till date. Raj informerd me that u guys ill be there in T-BHP tees. I will be ther by 12 n planing to leave by 2:30, so catch you guy.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:12   #25
BHPian

I will be there tomorrow after 2 sometime. are cameras allowed inside?
Old 18th July 2009, 22:26   #26
BHPian

Pics guys !!!! where are they? Can`t wait to see them.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hundreds of pics to be sorted and resized to be posted here! WILL DO SO SOON!

Met lots of BHPians today and got some special privileges to click the pics even though others were not allowed! T-BHP Rocks for sure!

All thanks to T-BHP... There were folks pointing towards us/our T-shirts today! We even had a discussion about the Skoda thread in front of the Skoda stall!

Cameras are allowed and you have to be strict with the security so that they don't treat your expensive cams as if they are some chinese brands! See ya all tomorrow and do keep a lookout for the Hyd-T-BHP T-Shirts!
Old 19th July 2009, 21:41   #28
BHPian

Been there, dest thing was I managed to meet 2 of T-BHP guys, Pulsar56 and Suren (Pardon me if I spelt it wrong :P) will post pics soon.
Old 20th July 2009, 01:29   #29
BHPian

Photographs

Here are a few photographs from my side

uploading small size since am on very low bandwidth connection.

BTW on my way back I spoted this red car with a tag of GT-R on back(last 2 images). Not sure which brand. It was low light shot these images at 1600 ISO with lot of noise. Hope images are good enough to identify the car's maker. It has Pop up headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad International Auto Show 2009-_mg_1563.jpg  

Hyderabad International Auto Show 2009-_mg_1573.jpg  

Hyderabad International Auto Show 2009-_mg_1774.jpg  

Hyderabad International Auto Show 2009-_mg_1879.jpg  

Hyderabad International Auto Show 2009-_mg_1877.jpg  

Old 20th July 2009, 07:33   #30
BHPian

Appears to be an early 90s Toyota Celica.

Can we get more pics of the Auto show!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks