Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 22:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Actually Santro is a direct competitor to Maruti 800...

you see, today Maruti 800 prices have been slashed by Rs. 16,000

LOL...
Old 14th June 2005, 18:37   #17

Thanks

Thanks guys...I have made up my mind. Swift is going to be my first car...although I shall have to wait around 2 months for the delivery....but Swift rules....the other day I saw one on the road and immediately fell in love with it.
Old 15th June 2005, 01:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Hmm I wonder who is lying here because the argument that Swift uses Versa/Esteem's engine aint completely false.
It does use Esteem 1.1 engine but I dont think it produces measerly 78bhp as stated in the Hyundai campaign.
Old 15th June 2005, 01:22   #19
BHPian

wagon R is much powerful than the santro and the ones with a spoiler look good as well..hyundai can never compare itself with suzuki and ofcourse not its santro with the SWIFT
Old 15th June 2005, 12:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
It does use Esteem 1.1 engine but I dont think it produces measerly 78bhp as stated in the Hyundai campaign.
Err Esteem 1.1

Yeah if they are quoting the power figure this low then definetly its wrong on their part.

Btw they have also reacted to alto by introducing a Non A/C variant along with two others some one's getting scared of the competition :-)
Old 15th June 2005, 13:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Err Esteem 1.1
I posted that at 1:00 last night. So you'll have to excuse me for that . Please read it as Esteem 1.3L.
Old 16th June 2005, 20:57   #22
BHPian

Santro

sorry but santro suspension sucks. That bloody car gets on to my nerves everytime it hits a small rough patch on the road. The whole car rattles and behaves as if some bomb is dropped. It is zero suspension car. I regret for buying that car. Even on normal smooth roads go more than 60 and the car keeps rocking both ways that i get giddiness and headache if i travel more than half an hour.
Next time i buy a car i have decided to specically good for a better suspension, better driving position. Mileage will be my last worry. There is simply no peace of mind driving this car and on highways ...hmm not worth mentioning! :-(

Last edited by readonly : 16th June 2005 at 20:59.
Old 17th June 2005, 08:21   #23
BHPian

maruti replies back

it seems that maruti is taking it' new car swift really seriously........

MUL has sent HMIL a lagal notice asking it to withdraw the brouchure comparing swift and santro..and also give a public apology for the deeds.....

maruti has not only taken the comparison of swift in a wrong and misleading way as offensive, it has also taken note of "old versa engine"..saying that versa engine is neither old nor is it inferior in technology..... and it has collected samples of the brouchure from various hyundai delearships....

while MUL people have not confirmed ( yes or no) the proceedings, hyundai spokesperson has confirmed that they have received a legal notice and would answer it in due course of time.....

it is said that the notice indicates moving the court for damages if HMIL fails to withdraw the brouchure and give an public apology...

THIS act is not new of hyundai....when CRDi accent was launched...hyundai had done similar comparisons with HM-mistubishi lancer...
Old 17th June 2005, 08:48   #24
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Slaps Legal Notice on Hyundai

cya
R
Old 14th August 2005, 17:22   #25
BHPian

And now price increase for Santro (so stupid)

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1400471501.htm

Last edited by Selective : 14th August 2005 at 17:30.
Old 15th August 2005, 23:07   #26
BHPian

may be hyundai , is trying to cash in , as many may opt for Santro, because wait period for swift is quite high.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:43   #27
BANNED

Reviving an old thread.

Don't know what Hyundai is thinking now about their old comparison of Santro with Swift. But last week, I saw an advertisement by Hyundai, comparing Santro with Alto K10. IMO, for Hyundai, Santro is their one-man army to resist the success of all cars ranging from A-segment Alto to B+ segment Swift!
Now what? Will a desperate Hyundai compare Santro with Figo, and later with DZire and even City?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th November 2010 at 21:46.
Old 8th November 2010, 22:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Reviving an old thread.

Don't know what Hyundai is thinking now about their old comparison of Santro with Swift. But last week, I saw an advertisement by Hyundai, comparing Santro with Alto K10. IMO, for Hyundai, Santro is their one-man army to resist the success of all cars ranging from A-segment Alto to B+ segment Swift!
Now what? Will a desperate Hyundai compare Santro with Figo, and later with DZire and even City?
Santro is a much bigger and better car than Alto and the engine is also a gem! But comparing with Swift is ridiculous! Hyundai has all segments covered with Santro,i10 and i20. Probably they need a lower version of the Santro to compete with Alto 800 cc.
Question - If Swift is B+, then what is B segment? I10 and Swift belong to B segment AFAIK
Hyundai making Dezire??
Old 9th November 2010, 14:53   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Question - If Swift is B+, then what is B segment? I10 and Swift belong to B segment AFAIK
IMO, the hatch classification should be as follows:

A- : Nano
A : Maruti 800, Alto 800
A+ : Alto K10, Estilo, Wagon R, Santro, Spark
B : Beat, i10, A-Star
B+ : Swift, Polo, Ritz, Micra, Figo, Punto, UVA, Palio, Fabia
B++ : i20, Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hyundai making Dezire??
Please read my post carefully. What I was saying is: will Hyundai compare Santro with Figo, DZire, and even with City. Not DZire compared with City.

BTW, it is not DeZire, it is DZire!
Old 9th November 2010, 14:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Little correction: A star should belong to A+ not B segment. A star costs almost exactly same as Wagon R.

Most Viewed