Team-BHP - Hyundai's reaction to Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai's reaction to Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6001-hyundais-reaction-swift.html)

Hi everyone. Just downloaded a file from a blog site on Swift. Am not too sure abt the genuinety of the same. I was thinking on purchasing a Swift soon (my first car) and hence want to compare both Getz and Swift. This is what I found...would request the expert members at Team-bhp to read and comment...so that I am able to take a decision soon.

http://swift.info.tripod.com/sitebui...ndaicheats.pdf

Thanks.

wow someone is a real big fan of Swift

looking at PDF it might give you an impression that Hyundai might be cheating

funny picture is the turning radius .3m diff is shown double that of 4.4m

and Dudette123 if you go through topics through forum almost everyone has said that Getz is what is compitition to Swift & not santro

also changing such figures on broucher makes sence since no consume will go with a measuring tape & measure distances

Dude close ur eyes and go for swift...
i bought the wagonr just 2 days before swift was launched..
not that i regret buying it...but still a corner of the heart aches..
just 20k seperated wagonr vxi and swift vxi...

anyway imagine swift and getz, side by side...
they have almost the same credentials apart from the styling...

Swift is a modern design with an agressive stance...
and it has a youthful fell to it....

Even ur grandfather can drive a getz...and will not look out of place...
but cant say the same about swift...

And hyundai are fools to compare swift with santro...
santro is nothing but a rolling football with a toothbrush
for an accelerator pedal...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan
And hyundai are fools to compare swift with santro...
santro is nothing but a rolling football with a toothbrush
for an accelerator pedal...

rl:

you stole my words man....

for all those people who call wagonR a dabba... a perfect reply..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
rl:

you stole my words man....

hehe...i would say...both wagon r and santro are sisters.........while wagon r is a dabba ( due respect to its general use performance....)...santro is one overblown football.......... ( no offence meant plz)....

btw...has anybody ever thought over as to why hyundai people change the face of that car in an year or so and throw exchange offers..........i have 2-3 people quoting santro as unreliable in the long run....count on 100k kms and above.... that is where wagon r seems to win, being a suzuki.period.

Well buddy just close your eyes and buy a swift cause the Santro(hyundai compares the Swift with) is what conan said.. It is better then a santro any day and also better then a Getz leaving the rear legroom out..

that is the pits. though i am not surprised somehow. hyundai's ad (read slander) campaigns have kind of shown us what levels they are capable of stooping down to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite

LOL......but wagon R still remains a dabba man :D

Hyundai's strategy seems to be :

Run a major campaign and establish that the Swift is a Santro competitor, and keep mum about the Getz.
If they succeed in this, the Getz automatically gets perceived as a higher end car relative to the Swift, and this is achieved without getting into any comparison exercise with the Swift. Neat.

And I apprehend that a good % of the mass may fall for this.

(I have actually heard an accent owner calling his car the 'Honda Accent' - multiple times ! That is the level of awareness of some people and that is probably the target audience for these ads)

I am surprised that they are deliberately giving wrong information about competitors product. If it is true, they can land up in big trouble. I am surprised that Maruti has not drawn Hyundai to court over this.

Firstly its dumb of Hyundai to compare the Swift with the Santro.. they aren't exactly in the same league. And, using false info about its competitors is even worse. I agree with RX135, if this is true and if Maruti finds out.. Hyundai is in big trouble. But, Hyundai is known for its rather cheap advertisement gimmicks. Earlier it was the 5 seatbelt thingy in the Santro, now this!! :confused:

Maruti will never say a word even if they knew about this.. i know...
Dont know why they are so dumb....

Their marketing team just sucks...

Hmm I wonder who is lying here because the argument that Swift uses Versa/Esteem's engine aint completely false. Also from what I have heard, the rear space on Swift is quite less when compared to the Getz.

Well the 5 seat advert was cheap but correct. As about Maruti not reacting, as long as they are getting bookings, they dont have to :-)

it looks so unfair from the comparison and its hard for me to believe that hyundai ppl can stoop to such levels to defend the GETZ. I hope this is not the work of some prankster..

SWIFT is a nice car for the money and all Hyundai guys need to do is getin a higher spec engine or a Crdi version keeping the same price. That will definitely help.

Trying to shift focus from GETZ to Santro...another example of ppl takin us for dumb ppl who know nothin abt cars lol: