Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 15:00   #106
BHPian

skoda

I'm a bit surprised with the skoda numbers.
Just called the dealers in mumbai yesterday for a diesel Laura test drive, however, none of the dealers have a diesel available for testdrive. Such a pathetic dealer and after sales network is killing a good product. I wonder how they plan to sell cars without having any Demo vehicles at the dealer.

Moreover, one dealer -JMD Skoda refused to entertain my query unless I gave them my mobile number. The landline number was not sufficient. It seems people without mobile phones are not allowed to buy skodas
Old 18th June 2009, 15:18   #107
ashwinpak

Yen has come down to around 49 (for 100) compared to 55 when the prices were hiked. Honda is like the autowallas, price revisions are always upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The Civic seems to have had it with the more VFM Altis kicking it's tail. Maybe this will force Honda to launch the facelift here? Internationally, it comes with quite a bit more kit as standard at the same price. They'll probably wait for the Yen to come back to reasonable levels though.

Old 18th June 2009, 15:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

Honda and Toyota may be waiting and watching for Linea/Fiat to repeat its usual mistakes. If Fiat does not make a mess of it and keeps on bringing home segment leading volumes, then perhaps Toyonda may in 3-4 months bring down prices. Positive news for car makers is that commodity and plastic prices are not going to go up substantially in 2009, and could keep on declining or remain stable.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:20   #109
BHPian

Glad to see that customers have almost dumped the over-hyped Civic in favour of a more practical buy - Altis.

I bought Altis VL Automatic in this March and am very satisfied with the car.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:41   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Glad to see that customers have almost dumped the over-hyped Civic in favour of a more practical buy - Altis.

I bought Altis VL Automatic in this March and am very satisfied with the car.
With all due respects, though I am a old Corolla owner, Civic is a worthy car, and is definitely not all hype, no substance.

In fact it was beating the old Corolla, and that led many to believe that Civic will dish out the same caning to the new Altis. Surprisingly (for the Indian market that is) that has not happened in the 7-8 months of the Altis launch. In fact even Octavia/Laura is now outselling the Civic. Maybe the novelty effect has worn off, which is inevitable.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:28   #111
BANNED

I am still stuck to the same point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Oh my my, autocarcr against the world! The brand zealotry for FIAT on this forum is extreme fun to watch. *runs off and gets the popcorn*

More on topic...

The Civic seems to have had it with the more VFM Altis kicking it's tail. Maybe this will force Honda to launch the facelift here? Internationally, it comes with quite a bit more kit as standard at the same price. They'll probably wait for the Yen to come back to reasonable levels though.
Very funny but I never said I was a brand ambassador for Fiat but I did say that Honda is fooling the Indian automotive world with the over priced ANHC and I am certainly not going against the world as you so exxageratingly put it- there are many people against Honda's miserly behavior so oh my my I am not the odd one out. *the popcorn is snatched away by a bigger spectator- sorry no fun here!*
Old 19th June 2009, 16:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I thought by now things would have settled. Umm, still Honda vs FIAT going on?
Old 20th June 2009, 10:07   #113
BHPian

Xylo - The missing hero

Saw the Xylo ad on TV. Xylo has sold over 17000 since its Jan launch while linea would have sold just over 6000

Xylo is certainly more successful that Linea in terms of pure sales, but yet, there are hardly any Xylo ownership reviews in this forum.

My question: Why is the Xylo missing from Team-BHP?
Old 20th June 2009, 10:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
With all due respects, though I am a old Corolla owner, Civic is a worthy car, and is definitely not all hype, no substance.

In fact it was beating the old Corolla, and that led many to believe that Civic will dish out the same caning to the new Altis. Surprisingly (for the Indian market that is) that has not happened in the 7-8 months of the Altis launch. In fact even Octavia/Laura is now outselling the Civic. Maybe the novelty effect has worn off, which is inevitable.
The current Civic was definitely better than the old Corolla , when it was launched. Fresh looks, a fabulous dash, better engine and better dynamics also, almost at the same price point. That's why it trounced the Corolla.

But in current scenario, Civic looks bare in terms of features provided by competition at almost the same price point. While Altis mounted a stiff challenge initially, the new Laura Petrol has robbed the Civic of its USP i.e., petrol engine. When I bought Altis, I noted the following:-

As compared to Altis, Civic looses on the following counts (to name a few only) :-

Lack of goodies
Poor low speed torque
Less FE
Less seating comfort
Less ingress and egress comfort
Less boot space
I test drove City Automatic which is supposed to have a better gear box than Civic, but frankly that was not as smooth as that of Altis.
Less suitable as a family car
Less convenience and comfort factor
Arrogant and snobbish dealers.
Less Mileage warranty (40000 vs 1 lac of Altis)

IMO Civic scores over Altis only on the following points:-
Better high speed handling over 120 (but how many times do you need it on our roads)
quieter and smoother engine
4 years Road side assistance package vs 0 from Altis. (Hope Toyota will match this in future)
Paddle shift option in Auto box (but I have never felt the need to shift manually in Altis so far. If I need sporty drive, Sports mode is more than enough for me and I can also limit the transmission up-shifts up to a particular gear).

I feel that a car should be better in most areas and not just looks or engine. Further Honda and Toyota have similar quality and costs, but Honda charges a higher premium on all its cars and does not upgrade its cars well in time.

No car is perfect and every car has its positive and negative points. It is just that I find Altis a better overall package and a more practical buy.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Saw the Xylo ad on TV. Xylo has sold over 17000 since its Jan launch while linea would have sold just over 6000

Xylo is certainly more successful that Linea in terms of pure sales, but yet, there are hardly any Xylo ownership reviews in this forum.

Xylo is not missing from the Forum. We have Randeep's Xylo, another gentleman Mr. Patel's Xylo on the forum. Just use the search function and you'll see it!
Old 20th June 2009, 16:02   #116
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post

I don't like Honda Personally i agree they over charge , But then in the end Markets are superior to YOU ME AND THEM and if at 3600 they says Honda City Rules
I completely agree, if the City is selling, then there definitely is something right about it. This maybe an exception but three ANHC buyers I know, wouldnt perhaps know what alloy wheels are!
Old 20th June 2009, 16:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You have one coming soon. At least on the customer care front.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:23   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Saw the Xylo ad on TV. Xylo has sold over 17000 since its Jan launch
Go see the ad again properly. It says 17000 booked, not sold. They never mentioned anything about how many sold, did they.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:31   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Go see the ad again properly. It says 17000 booked, not sold. They never mentioned anything about how many sold, did they.
Considering 17000 booked, how many do you think would cancel their order.
Most of them would either just pick it up, either ways the worst scenario, I presume would be that 1000 or 2000 would cancel , which is most unlikely.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:42   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Considering 17000 booked, how many do you think would cancel their order.
Most of them would either just pick it up, either ways the worst scenario, I presume would be that 1000 or 2000 would cancel , which is most unlikely.

I sincerely doubt that. If a mere 1000 or 2000 were canceled, it still leaves 15000 who bought it. It still is a huge number and they would have certainly said 15000 sold.

Anyhow, we should be able to get sales analysis for the xylo. Waiting to see that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks