Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Why Aveo/UVA does not sell well?
After Sales Network 25 37.88%
Resale Value 28 42.42%
Not good features available for the money I pay 11 16.67%
Missing of Diesel heart 28 42.42%
Pricing Strategy 19 28.79%
US bankcruptcy new and related fear on people mind 32 48.48%
Others - Please mention in post. 9 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 12:22   #61
BHPian

Positive Service experience - one of the quickest

Yesterday took my UVA for 15K service at Bharti auto. The whole game appears to be changed positively.

I was facing problem with rear Left wheel ABS Speed sensor. I was waiting for it since 3 weeks. Got call on Moday that they have received the spares. I casually asked them, I also need to get the service done as its 15K. I was expecting an answer as "Sir, you will hv to take an appointment" or "I would get an appointment after a week." as usual.

The lady said, "Sir, no problem, I will allot a slot for you" We will get the service done as well." I was like GREAT.

The morning I went to service center, the whole scene looked changed. Cars for servicing were moving inside quickly. I was given a paper to mention the Car Number, ODO reading and my number (New Practice when u enter the gate) The earlier scene used to be - no place to park your vehicle. Inside customer lounge, it used to be a loud fish market with too many service advisors sitting, somebody fighting with customer over service bills, General Manager-service making loose comments. The scene appeard to be a much differnet. Only 4 service advisors in side, waiting time absolutely ZERO. Immediately service advisor attended me. He inspected the car, made his notes on service form. This was the quickest service in my entire Car service history (All cars). I was out of the service station in 10 mins. He said he will call up at 2.30 pm.

At 2.00 pm got call. He explained the work done. They proactively replaced the AC filter, I had just told them check the AC cooling. All work done. Car was clean.

So it appears that they trying there level best now.

But again its fire fighting. I wish they had this approach right from start.

Anyways, got good service and all spares. Is this CRUZE effect or Chapter 11 effect or a combined?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Anyways, got good service and all spares. Is this CRUZE effect or Chapter 11 effect or a combined?
Good to hear. The Chevy persons in the camp was also assuring these. They also mentioned about a new department which will work on getting the cars to Indian conditions. So far it was like just manufacture to the spec from Korea.

Hope to see some more good change.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:35   #63
BHPian

I had inquired for a Chevy Spark and now get at least a phone call a day from the sales person. I gave them a target price and told them that if they can meet it I will book the car right away or else I will book a zen. They then insisted on meeting me again to negotiate the price. They knocked the price down a little but it still wasn't where I wanted it. They then tried hard selling me on why the Spark is better than the Zen. I must say their sales people are extremely well trained and don't give up without a fight!
Old 18th June 2009, 12:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I had inquired for a Chevy Spark and now get at least a phone call a day from the sales person. I gave them a target price and told them that if they can meet it I will book the car right away or else I will book a zen. They then insisted on meeting me again to negotiate the price. They knocked the price down a little but it still wasn't where I wanted it. They then tried hard selling me on why the Spark is better than the Zen. I must say their sales people are extremely well trained and don't give up without a fight!
WOW - didnt know its so much of a buyer's market now!!

Coming back to the original discussion -- Mix of all the options mentioned in the poll but I thought Opel hurt them most. They tried to fix it, but too late I guess.

Even the Forester failed.. Makes me sad. Even now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks