Team-BHP - GOVT Babu ! Upgrading AMBY to FIESTA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GOVT Babu ! Upgrading AMBY to FIESTA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60185-govt-babu-upgrading-amby-fiesta.html)

GOVT Babu's are now no more with Home Made AMBY. They are going for American made FORD. Does this means GOVT will also not support Indian Manufacturer and reduce import duty. Or its just a show off too american president.
clap:

LOL. I have seen the following vehicles being used by various Govt departments
Skoda Octavia
Maruti Baleno
Fiat Linea
Ford Ikon
Mahindra Bolero

Maybe it is the Babu's who are only jumping to Ford. ;p

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1341995)
GOVT Babu's are now no more with Home Made AMBY. They are going for American made FORD. Does this means GOVT will also not support Indian Manufacturer and reduce import duty. Or its just a show off too american president.
clap:

Just where did you get this information ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srijit (Post 1342052)
LOL. I have seen the following vehicles being used by various Govt departments
Skoda Octavia
Maruti Baleno
Fiat Linea
Ford Ikon
Mahindra Bolero

Maybe it is the Babu's who are only jumping to Ford. ;p

Any vehicle with a G on the number plate is not a government vehicle.

The information is correct but it is not just Ford , Earlier only Amby was approved by various government departments such as Director General of Civil Supplies etc. Now host of other manufacturers have gained the approval and moved in amby territory. And also this is not a new phenomenon but ongoing for past 5/6 years , Maruti Esteem was first one to enter the government purchase market.

And there is nothing Foreign / Homemade in this , Amby was Foreign (Morris _ in late 40s and 1950s and HM started manufacturing them in India , in the same way Ford is manufacturing in Chennai.

HM used this foreign bogey for too long to preserve its only reason of existence.

Anyway government was using Jeeps for decades which were produced by M&M under license from Chrysler so I do not see why TOI should publish this as a news.

I think only Tata Indigo / Indica can lay the claim for indianness.

Yeah saw this on TV today. It seems PC went to the showroom to get a test drive of the Fiesta. Wonder why? He is not gonna drive it anyway. Maybe wanted to check some leg room or something. Anyways good move. What about those Ikons they showed on air? Who gets to ride those ?

As it is ford is manufactured in India nad after so many years it is highly localised so no question of american imports and morever fiesta is european rather than american coz they also do not have fiesta in their market.

Gosh, I saw a white Fiesta today with a beamer light on top today---and now I get to read this article!! Coincidence??

It's such a farce to see them waste our tax money. Come on the amby would have done a better job of keeping them connected with the aam aadmi :D

One evening, while waiting for a client at the lobby of 7 star at Delhi,I got to see quite a few of these national level political honchos coming for a party. They were not in their "official" transport. I guess all of you can fairly guess what their "personal" transports must be like. What's the point in going in for the Fiestas, Ikons, Toyotas when they don't come close to the comfort levels of their wives cars or their sons cars or those of their kith and kin? Might as well just use those and burden us with fuel allowances..:Frustrati

Since Amby is losing out in sarkar offices ,TATA should really consider bringing up a "sarkar gaadi" :D .Be Indian;Buy Indian .

fiesta limited edition @5,55,000* only.

* limited edition will be regularly available for govt fleets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1342213)
fiesta limited edition @5,55,000* only.

* limited edition will be regularly available for govt fleets.

im sure no one else but the "sarkari drivers" can put the handling of fiesta to good use.
good time to be a sarkari driver and rip those highways and city streets and the poor traffic police can do nothing but stand and salute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1341995)
clap:

And who said its only Ford ? The article in TOI did speak about other manufacturers cars also being used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1342273)
And who said its only Ford ? The article in TOI did speak about other manufacturers cars also being used.

I am referring to the Show that was aired on TV today. PC goes to FORD showroom, and had a TD. The dealer even says that many car has been delivered and many more on pipe line to deliver.

I told home made becos of the Import duty that we paid for foreign parts. As we all new that if the parts are localised than the price comes down. GOVT want to give some extra benefit to HM/TATA/MSIL ...

Does this also require to educate the GOVT drivers ? The power full car may be abused by these driver which may be riskier for all common man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1342328)
I am referring to the Show that was aired on TV today. PC goes to FORD showroom, and had a TD. The dealer even says that many car has been delivered and many more on pipe line to deliver.

I told home made becos of the Import duty that we paid for foreign parts. As we all new that if the parts are localised than the price comes down. GOVT want to give some extra benefit to HM/TATA/MSIL ...

Does this also require to educate the GOVT drivers ? The power full car may be abused by these driver which may be riskier for all common man.

There are imported parts even in M&M, MSIL and TATA vehicles do you think that embedded processor of ECU is made in India ? How exactly do we know from where Delphi / Bosch are procuring fuel pumps and common rail lines.

Likewise for all Marutis now have ECU and there are so many parts which are imported.
Curx of the story is cost of the vehicle and maintainance cost ,
People stopped buying Amby as personal vehicle due to economic reasons ( apart from asthetics ) and same should be applied to our own mony in hands of government ( read tax money).

Amby with pathatic breaking is even more dangerous then any other car.

Now use and misuse of government property is something beyond purchase choice and equally applicable to Amby , Ford maruti or anything else.

In Rajasthan:

Ministers: Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX
Other Cabinet / Small Ministries: Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX
Magistrates : Maruti Baleno / Chevrolet Optra Magnum
Beaurocrats: HM Ambassador / Tata Indigo
Ex - Chief Minister (Vasundhara Raje) : Merc, Corolla, et al (On Govt. Expense)
Current Chief Minister (Ashok Gehlot) : HM Ambassador