Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2005, 22:28   #1
BHPian

New Honda City - Need help on choice of Dealer/ Service Station

I was in the process of finalizing purchase of a new Honda City (NHC) from Ichibaan Honda, Chembur, and was researching user experiences when I came across GTO's experience. The experience sends a chill down my spine since I'm obsessed with workmanship and service quality. In fact, now I am even reconsidering if I should go for NHC at all.

How's Linkway Honda's reputation? Who runs the show there, and do they have a home page? How is the cost of ownership of NHC? Is there a good resource that can guide me with honest answers? Auto magazines like BSM, Autocar, and Overdrive are not of great help when it comes to choosing dealers or service stations. I live in Mulund (West), Mumbai and I considered buying from Ichibaan, Chembur (now fearing) for its proximity also for regular services. A single setback like GTO's with Ichibaan can undo all painstaking technical research on the choice of automobile. What a pity Honda has only focused on automobile quality leaving service standards to the winds.
Old 12th June 2005, 23:01   #2
BHPian

As far as I know Linkway is good. I used to get my VTEC back home serviced from Linkway and have had no problems from them whatsoever. As far as the ownership cost of the NHC is concerned, I can't say much except for that it's a Honda as I do not really know much about the NHC. My 3 years (29k kms) old VTEC has never visited the garage for anything else apart from the regular services. We have spent the least for owning this marvel in comparision to the all other cars we have used considering 3 years of ownership. Its a fill it...shut it...forget it!

However, did you consider the Optra 1.6 over the NHC. The Optra 1.6 appeals to me more as an overall package than the NHC. It wins over the NHC in terms of performance, space, comfort and has the big car image. However not so sure about the F.E., A.S.S. and the resale. It really depends on your priorities, if you could list a few please.
Old 12th June 2005, 23:06   #3
BANNED

Well msprabhakar welcome ot the board.. i would recommend you to go to Linkway they are better read my incident with ichibaan at the team-bhp review
Old 12th June 2005, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Hi.Dude..seriously.. book from Linkway..don't go to Ichibaan people..they're stupid.
Check out the Honda City - Wait Time thread in this same section of the forum(Indian car scene).
I haven't yet got my NHC Black CVT from Ichibaan Worli..and it's already been 6+ weeks !

Suraj
Old 13th June 2005, 00:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

linkway is definitly better.too many people have been having problems with ichibaan !!they should really do something about it but i guess they will never change.

rev
Old 13th June 2005, 00:34   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Of the two, I'd suggest Linkway Honda. I've had experience with them for the past three years on owning the car & they're good in service. Usually they don't delay & do deliver the car at promised times.
Old 13th June 2005, 00:36   #7
BANNED

Well i will write my experience with the NHC which i had for 7 and a half months.. i will write a review do read it as i found some negatives with the car as well will help perspetive NHC buyers..
Old 13th June 2005, 01:40   #8
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Well i will write my experience with the NHC which i had for 7 and a half months.. i will write a review do read it as i found some negatives with the car as well will help perspetive NHC buyers..
Please Montoya, do it ASAP. Also if you can have another detailed post comparing NHC and Optra, nothing like that.

I have set my eyes on NHC.
Old 13th June 2005, 11:25   #9
BANNED

Yes SMG i am just doing it now.. will finsh in some time hope that helps wheras comapring Optra and NHC goes these cars are world apart..
Old 13th June 2005, 12:23   #10
BHPian

Thank you for sharing your (and others' in this thread) experience with Linkway, at least I know which direction I should head for, if my choice is NHC.

Thanks for suggesting Optra 1.6, I havn't considered yet. If you could share your experience vis-a-vis NHC, it'd be great help...

Re my priorities...
1. I'm looking for a C/C+ sedan, decent fuel economy in city/ extra-urban (50:50) is a must.
2. Service quality is high priority. I dislike greenhorns messing with my car during service, hence integrity and reputation of service dealer is very important consideration.
3. Cost of ownership (common spares during 5-year/ 50,000 km life) is important, though not top-most priority (I've been spoilt by Maruti/ Vitesse).
4. I enjoy driving and drive myself.
5. Like VFM (who doesn't?). Would feel cheated if a more loaded variant appears soon after I purchase (like ABS/ EBD, climate control and standard alloy wheels)

Now that a loaded Swift has upset market expectations, yesterday's delighters are today's must-have. Did some research on new introductions around India and would expect Suzuki Liana or New City VTEC to be out any time on Indian roads. Would some wait be worth?

Now, what can you advise? (Thanks for any!)
Old 13th June 2005, 13:36   #11
BANNED

Quote:
I enjoy driving and drive myself.
Well if thats the case then the NHC is not a car for you close your eyes and head to buy a 1.6 Optra or wait for the NHC Vtec..

No idea about Suzukis Liana though

Here is my review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...0450#post90450

and if you dont want trouble in service then avoid ichobaan as far as you can
Old 13th June 2005, 15:17   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Msprabhakar,

1. Avoid Ichibaan like a disease.

2. Optra vs NHC Comparo is available at this linky

3. Linkway Honda is good but like Ichibaan is running severely over-capacity. Dont expect exemplary customer service. The good part, though, is that a service advisor comes to pick up and drop off your car. I have found linkway to be extremely honest and straight forward.

GTO
Old 13th June 2005, 16:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

I suggest that you don't hold your breath for the introduction of the Liana.
Old 13th June 2005, 16:49   #14
BANNED

I agree with Deeps. The way maruti is going who knows whether it will be launched even this decade. I say this since the swift was expected last to last year.. and it rolled out only this year.. Anywayz Liana aint worh wating.. knowing marutti they are going to overprice it anywayz..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks