Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 16:09   #181
Senior - BHPian

i would like to see it replace the Optra in India and sell it at rates on which Optra is selling currently.

Hope this happens, but i feel chances are less.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:28   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
i would like to see it replace the Optra in India and sell it at rates on which Optra is selling currently.

Hope this happens, but i feel chances are less.
Nops! Optra will still continue to exist, my friend confirmed that from the Chevy guys!
Old 24th August 2009, 17:07   #183
Senior - BHPian

Internationally the Cruze will replace the Optra, which will then be discontinued. So the Cruze is priced on par with the outgoing Optra and in the U.K its way cheaper than other more established rivals in the segment like the Civic & Auris/Corolla.
If GMI can price this smartly as a more VFM option than the Civic and Corolla it has a real winner in its hands, especially since the Cruze has a diesel option.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:01   #184
Senior - BHPian

October Launch

Details of the upcoming Cruze from Economic Times report
  • Production aldready started at Halol
  • 2.2 Diesel to be launched first in October
  • 1.8 Petrol variant by 2009 end
  • Priced between 12-14 lacs
source GM India bets big on planned mini-car; to export 20 pc- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 26th August 2009, 04:40   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
source GM India bets big on planned mini-car; to export 20 pc- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
I think you mean a 2.0 Diesel?

The review from singapore looks pretty good
Singapore Car Zone - Singapore Car Reviews, Road Tests and Guides

Im seriously considering buying this car based on what i see thus far[the 2.0 Diesel is a rocket]. With the horror stories I've heard about Skoda, the 1.8 TSI, which was my earlier choice doesnt seem such a good deal anymore.

Any insight on Chevy's A.S.S as i think that will be the only Deal-maker/breaker for most people [considering the pricing is acceptable at launch] ?
Old 26th August 2009, 09:54   #186
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this same car I saw night before last on the Sarjapur Ring Road near HSR layout.
remembered the number.
didnt bother taking snaps as I was driving.
looks quite nice, strong and purposeful but not so significantly attractive. Im wondering, will the Honda Civic clientele consider this as an option unless of course they want Diesel power?
Old 26th August 2009, 18:13   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
I think you mean a 2.0 Diesel?

The review from singapore looks pretty good
Singapore Car Zone - Singapore Car Reviews, Road Tests and Guides

Im seriously considering buying this car based on what i see thus far[the 2.0 Diesel is a rocket]. With the horror stories I've heard about Skoda, the 1.8 TSI, which was my earlier choice doesnt seem such a good deal anymore.

Any insight on Chevy's A.S.S as i think that will be the only Deal-maker/breaker for most people [considering the pricing is acceptable at launch] ?
Well as far A.S.S. is concerned I currently own an Aveo and quite satisfied with two dealerships that I have visited. I think they have become more pro-active given the importance of building its own brand after it got tarnished in wake of GM US bankruptcy. To add to that, I have not had any trouble in my car.

GM vehicles I think are better in terms of comfort/looks etc but lack in performance or diesel option(except Optra and Captiva). If they tackle these two major issues then it will much more than what they are doing right now.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:16   #188
BHPian

Spotted it on MG road.Nice car.
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-dsc01518.jpg
Old 26th August 2009, 23:37   #189
Senior - BHPian

We just went in for dinner ( 23 years ago I was born ) and while going to our planned restaurant I saw this car without any camouflage. I saw this car near Dr. Acharya nursing ( i.e. near Arunachal road home on IPCL road ).
There was a red number plate but the entire car was in some dark shade. Looked fantastic and the car is not of high profile like SX4, its more low slung. I was driving and just to get a better glance deliberately went in junction to slow down Cruze so that I can have a better look. GC might be an issue, but again this is just from a glance that too at night.

The car has good street presence, specially in dark shades, is reasonably long and with looks that are very good. But the car is not big enough to fight accord. Best priced Rs. 15 lakh OTR price for diesel. Can kill laura if GM is able to do marketing in that manner.
Old 27th August 2009, 08:48   #190
BHPian

Hope they launch the diesel with automatic transmission. If they do , well Laura may have some serious competition even on the DSG model. More power, driveability reliability and better after sales service at cheaper price would be a killer combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Old 27th August 2009, 11:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
But the car is not big enough to fight accord. Best priced Rs. 15 lakh OTR price for diesel. Can kill laura if GM is able to do marketing in that manner.
C'mon, GM has been struggling to sell the Optra D's for 11L and was never able to catch up on old school Octavia despite being the only other Diesel variant in that segment with better features (rider trades above LT - Power, Looks, ACC, leather trim, alloys, better rear seat, 3 year warranty, etc.,).

The only way Cruz could possibly win is by positioning itself in Optra's territory either replacement or Optra decontent, it needs to compete with Altis, Civis and Octavia. Forget the overpriced Laura, it could be had for desert.
Old 29th August 2009, 05:06   #192
BHPian

Preview of the Cruze on Autocar's tv show.....im EXCITED!
Old 29th August 2009, 10:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

wow!!! terrific package!! LOVE the keyless start! definitely a first in its segment and no car has it for the next 5-10 lacs!!!
Old 29th August 2009, 17:24   #194
BHPian

Based on the video I guess that the Cruze pricing will not be the Rs15-18L as mentioned earlier in the thread but a lot closer to its competitors Civic, Corolla and Octavia.
Anything under Rs 13L and GM have a hit on their hands.
Old 30th August 2009, 15:47   #195

Hi Guys,

I didn't know how to reply or start a new post(I am new on Team-Bhp) so I am writing here.

Today I saw a chevy cruze in Bangalore. It was on the ring road to airport. I wish I could take some pics..That car looks pretty small - I mean, length vise, It was probably a little longer than a Chevy Magnum . I guess the car I saw was a diesel varient. I wonder what chevy test car is doing in Bangalore with a GJ registration..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks