Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 23:19   #166
BHPian

Saw it while coming out of Forum Value Mall at whitefield, Bangalore. White colored with front grill and back covered. But the car looks stunning
Old 21st August 2009, 06:30   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Saw it while coming out of Forum Value Mall at whitefield, Bangalore. White colored with front grill and back covered. But the car looks stunning
I saw the car on MG road yesterday.Took a snap.Will upload later.It looked quite promising!ot like the usual chevy stuff!
Old 21st August 2009, 11:55   #168
BHPian

These same cars seem to be all over the place. These were spotted by my friend yesterday outside his building in Bellandur. Seems the Chevy guys had taken a halt for dinner.
The only things he could get from those guys was that both these cars were diesel, one manual and other automatic, and will be priced around 15-17 lakhs to take on Honda Accord and Skoda Laura.
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-20082009792.jpg

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-20082009791.jpg

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-20082009790.jpg

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-20082009789.jpg
Old 21st August 2009, 12:35   #169
BHPian

Why were they going around like that ? I managed to see them near BF,marathalli as well.[I was in a vehicle and it was running so just failed to manage a snap].

I mean they can only run a roadshow once the product is officially released.Also people are pretty smart these days-if they see a masked badge or a zebra clothed car the pics are immediately on the forums and experts take seconds to identify them. Also if this is something like a demo model for a yet to be released product , why were they being driven to their destination ?
Old 21st August 2009, 13:15   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Why were they going around like that ? I managed to see them near BF,marathalli as well.[I was in a vehicle and it was running so just failed to manage a snap].

I mean they can only run a roadshow once the product is officially released.Also people are pretty smart these days-if they see a masked badge or a zebra clothed car the pics are immediately on the forums and experts take seconds to identify them. Also if this is something like a demo model for a yet to be released product , why were they being driven to their destination ?
Free publicity ? Letting people like us create the hype perhaps
Old 21st August 2009, 13:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white one 2 days ago. Side view looks a little Hyundai'ish.
The problem with modern Chevy and Ford is they look good in photos and when they are new and they sort of don't age well.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:49   #172
BHPian

Saw one on outer ring road, Bangalore today.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-21082009222-copy.jpg  

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-21082009223-copy.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2009, 09:51   #173
BHPian

Saw the same car yesterday morning, one more white color was there. The car was on my route from Marthahalli to Domalur. I had some closer look, but couldn't take any snap as i was driving.
Interior, front dash and dials look good even outer appearance also. Had a quick chat with co-driver, the one which i had a closer look was a diesel variant, a very silent engine.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:50   #174
BHPian

Yes, Even I saw the Car on 20th on MG Road and on 21st on the Ring Road, Bangalore. They've not camouflaged the Car with only tapes on the Badge and name. So it is due anytime.
Old 24th August 2009, 02:39   #175
BHPian

Chevy have launched the Cruze Singapore website. Some great pics/specs and other cool info here
http://www.chevroletsingapore.com/allnewcruze/
Hopefully, they wont strip the car of most of the (important) functions that are available in SG when they launch it here.

[My first post here! Excited when i saw the website and thought it was a good share.]
Old 24th August 2009, 09:43   #176
BHPian

I live in Vadodara which is around half an hour away from the GM plant (in Halol). The Cruze is a common sight in this city now. Have spotted at least 5 different ones in the last week (different colors including a wonderful shade of faded blue, can't put a name to it). The one I saw yesterday morning was being driven by a GM official in uniform (a sikh). They are only masking the logo and the name badges now.

Was at the local GM dealership last week and was informed that the Cruze would be in the showroom in the second week of Sept.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:09   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
I live in Vadodara which is around half an hour away from the GM plant (in Halol). The Cruze is a common sight in this city now. Have spotted at least 5 different ones in the last week (different colors including a wonderful shade of faded blue, can't put a name to it). The one I saw yesterday morning was being driven by a GM official in uniform (a sikh). They are only masking the logo and the name badges now.

Was at the local GM dealership last week and was informed that the Cruze would be in the showroom in the second week of Sept.
thats a good news, so if to believe next month we would be seeing this new C segment at showrooms and on roads as well.Any news of engine specs and fuel options as well from GM@the maask
Old 24th August 2009, 12:19   #178
BHPian

the GM's Automotive REsearch Center is near ITPL. Its on the junction of ITPL and on the way to Forum Value Mall.

All new ones will be brought there I guess. I have seen both Cruze and Beat there
Old 24th August 2009, 12:51   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thats a good news, so if to believe next month we would be seeing this new C segment at showrooms and on roads as well.Any news of engine specs and fuel options as well from GM@the maask
Not yet. I am set to visit them again next week. Maybe will find out the details.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:51   #180
BHPian

Well i saw the faded blue Chevy(only the badges covered),a few Tata cars a sedan completely covered and the Indica Vista with no badges but with a on test sticker on the rear glass on the way to Mahableshwar after khatraj ghat near Pune.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks