Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 18:59   #226
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, looks like a smaller Sonata, but the pricing is going to kill it. GM is planning on continuning the Optra and that says it all. Another overpriced economy/medium sized car waiting to take the gullible Indian car buyer for a royal ride.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:06   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Yes infact it is the Official Brochure, cant name my source but it surely isent a dealer source.
Sidindica - U say this brochure was with the dealer since July, so why dident u have the gutts to post it before?
There is no point in provoking someone by saying he doesnt have the "guts" etc. Its a community where we all can contribute as and when we deem appropiate. I suggest you read the T BHP rules and guidelines again to maintain the spirit of this forum.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:36   #228
BHPian

aseem - Dude the word Gutts was first used by Sid and not me so plz let him know that, I know the rules btw.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:13   #229
BHPian

Looks like good times ahead for GM India, 2 new cars ready to hit the roads, the Cruze and the Beat. Both great looking cars.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:55   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heres are the EXCLUSIVE official brochure pics of the Indian Cruze.

Chevrolet Cruze Official Brochure India - a set on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Thanks for the scoop man. I downloaded the images and made them into a single PDF. Here is the PDF file. Looks like fully loaded. No automatic? Now it is up to GM to shake the competition by pricing it correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
HHmmmmmm so somebody inside the dealership had the guts and leaked out the internal training material which is a white coloured folder and claims it to be the brochure?

That material was with the dealer sales staff since july.
Quote:
Yes infact it is the Official Brochure, cant name my source but it surely isent a dealer source.
Sidindica - U say this brochure was with the dealer since July, so why dident u have the gutts to post it before?
Quote:
Sometimes I had my own restrictions. If it was leaked, you know a big trouble was waiting to happen.

Actually its not a product brochure, but a sales training guide about the superiority of cruze over its competitors and how to conduct a proper product demonstration to customers. It is not given to customers and mostly acts as a handy reference to sales executives. Look at it again and I hope you agree with what I had to say.
Quote:
Dosent matter does it, as long as it tells us about the Indian Spec Cruze officially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
There is no point in provoking someone by saying he doesnt have the "guts" etc. Its a community where we all can contribute as and when we deem appropiate. I suggest you read the T BHP rules and guidelines again to maintain the spirit of this forum.
Quote:
aseem - Dude the word Gutts was first used by Sid and not me so plz let him know that, I know the rules btw.
Looks like this is going to be a war of words.

When I saw this training guide leaked, I was terrified when I started getting calls from some of my sources requesting to immediately pull it out from the net and I had to tell them that its not my fault as it completely exposed a critical material-the internal circulation guide which even a customer is not supposed to know.

What goes on to preparing all these guides is all work of GM's marketing and sales team and sometimes this critical leakage can lead to troubles and often dealers are accused for leaking out vital information.

I hope this clarifies my point and since it is too late, nothing can further be done.

And I deliberately waited for 2 days before writing this post because I wanted to make myself absolutely sure that what I am typing is crisp and correct and after these issues are solved.

Last edited by sidindica : 21st September 2009 at 09:57.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:12   #231
Senior - BHPian

i took a while and read through the brochure - i think sid's right- IMHO this is not a brochure at all. its more for internal consumption / training.

compare it to a regular brochure that is given by most car dealerships. Most marketing material will have more photos and less text. this has quite a bit of text in it - thus going against the general practice of creating a desire to purchase by visually appealing to the customer.

None the less- the car looks nice, and has some interesting lines. From what I read (in other media) - it looks like they are planting the Captiva engine into this- thus making it quite a rocket.

also - this will compete head on with the Jetta's, Civics, Lauras and Corollas.

Last edited by madan80 : 21st September 2009 at 10:14.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:49   #232
BHPian

Sidd- No war of words Sir. I dont think anyone shud object to this leak as the Cruze is doing media rounds for sometime, it was shown on all major Auto shows on TV and also on major magazines etc. So nothing secret that GM was hiding or wanted to hide.And moreover this shud just help/hype the Cruze further.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd September 2009 at 19:04. Reason: Shud = Should. Please type in full words on Team-BHP. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:03   #233
BHPian

Isn't this the same one being marketed as Daewoo Lacetti with a different nose section?
Old 21st September 2009, 13:30   #234
BHPian

Just got of the phone with the local Chevy people, they are expecting the Display model in 3 to 4 days time. They have been advised by Chevrolet India to not to start bookings yet like some Toyota dealers did with the Fortuner.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:42   #235
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like this is going to be a war of words.

When I saw this training guide leaked, I was terrified when I started getting calls from some of my sources requesting to immediately pull it out from the net and I had to tell them that its not my fault as it completely exposed a critical material-the internal circulation guide which even a customer is not supposed to know.

What goes on to preparing all these guides is all work of GM's marketing and sales team and sometimes this critical leakage can lead to troubles and often dealers are accused for leaking out vital information.

I hope this clarifies my point and since it is too late, nothing can further be done.

And I deliberately waited for 2 days before writing this post because I wanted to make myself absolutely sure that what I am typing is crisp and correct and after these issues are solved.
Have to agree with you, this is an internal doc and somehow it's a sneek leak - if not from the dealer as mentioned by the poster then maybe from the printer or somewhere down the line.

I think GM need not worry to much, the doc if anything highlights the cruz better and they could actually set a new trend of mentioning the competetion in their brochure offically even if this was an internal training doc.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:56   #236
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks a lot like Hyundai Avante!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-pc210197.jpg  

Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-pc210198.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 15:20   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
The car's rear has been a lot in the spotlight, IMO it looks more like the rear of the new Bimmer 7
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-bimmer-7-rear-taillight.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 15:24   #238
Senior - BHPian

Cruze delivery

Guys,

Have the started taking bookings and deliveries for Cruze. Yesterday i spotted a greyish blue cruze with A/F REGISTRATION sticker on it. It also had ribbons on the front. I took a turn to click pics but the car had taken off.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:54   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Isn't this the same one being marketed as Daewoo Lacetti with a different nose section?
Yes, it is called lacetti premiere in Korea but this time the design is same globally since the car will also be sold in USA from april 2010 as a replacement for the cobalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
it looks like inverted civic, not like the elantra.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15-chevroletcruze_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_0e.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 21st September 2009 at 16:17. Reason: See note in post
Old 21st September 2009, 16:32   #240
Senior - BHPian

Oops! but the outer side of the tail lamps is quite similar!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks