Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 08:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

wow!! nice interiors.I expect the same fit & finish for the indian customers too.
lets hope the best.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this car being tested in Vadodara many times, may be more than 10 times. The camoflaouge could not hide the car from my eyes. I once chased the car on city roads too and I went upto 85 kmph on busy city roads on my bike, but at that speed it was very tough for me to take out mobile and take shots, or even have talk with them.

Once when we were sitting at a restaurant "Honest " at Vade Vadi in Vadodara, a Cruze went by. It was used as a family vehicle. There were female members sitting inside, so despite running like hell ( people and my family members were surprised and after I came back, I realized that I had made a big tamasha and everybody was staring at me, even road users causing minor traffic jam ) and having oppotunity to take shots, I dropped the idea.
The car is not very high and is relatively low slung, not as low as Esteem/Baleno, but not as high as lets say Altis. That is what I felt.
Looks were quite good and presence was good, more so than Civic/Altis/Laura and Jetta can manage.

PS : Above looks on comment and car are purely my opinions.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:32   #18
BHPian

Ah! Now I get it. I had a speed chase with this car on the Vadodara-Ahmedabad Expressway about a month ago.I was driving back to Vadodara at around 9 PM in the night. Caught this one around halfway through. He and me were then chasing and passing each other at speeds of 120-130 kmph for the remaining distance (around 50 kms). The driver was a jolly fellow and did not mind being chased. I could see a whole lot of gadgets on the dashboard. I had to stop at a Reliance outlet for food and when he saw me go off the expressway, he followed me, gave me a big grin while I was stopping and then sped away.

The car definitely has a good stance on the road. It was running alloys. Pity could not take any pictures at that time!
Old 12th June 2009, 14:02   #19
BHPian

I think I posted my sighting of the cruze some 2-3 months back, and I was already beaten to it by a whole lot of other BHpians

I dont see how this is a new scoop!
Old 12th June 2009, 16:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

but no1 had pictures to prove them(i mean pic of cruze on indian roads) so its a scoop.
Old 12th June 2009, 16:31   #21
BHPian

So the Cruze is coming . Lets hope they offer a stonker of a petrol engine and price undercuts civic / altis . Interiors look amazing too . Will chevy put up a fight against the big guns from Japan ? Only time will tell .
Old 13th June 2009, 07:05   #22
BHPian

nice find chetans. good work, seems like chevy cruze.
Old 13th June 2009, 13:19   #23
BHPian

Hope chevrolet prices it well and would be interesting to see which diesel engine it has
Old 13th June 2009, 13:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

cruze is coming in

Cruze LS 1.8 petrol and 2.0 VCDi
Curze LT 1.8 petrol and 2.0 VCDi

ABS+ dual airbags standard on all models

only difference expected is that of fabric/ leather interiors, manual/automatic climate control etc.
Old 13th June 2009, 15:51   #25
BHPian

I have pics of the cruze undergoing testing that I took in April 2009 - sorry don't know how to upload.

But there's nothing in there which is not already known - the European Cruze interior is the exact one we're getting (blue backlit)
Old 13th June 2009, 16:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

It is Cruze for sure. i have spotted the same cars here in Ahmedabad about 2 weeks ago but no camera handy so couldnt take any pics.

They were also seen parked on rear side of the GM/Chevy showroom here. My friend saw it there and also got to sneak into the interiors. Will ask him if he has some pics with him.
Old 13th June 2009, 19:25   #27
BHPian

Good catch Buddy!!!

Looks like a very Decent Car

Front profile looks like new Honda Accord
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Frontview.bmp (615.5 KB, 981 views)
File Type: bmp backprofile.bmp (968.7 KB, 633 views)
File Type: bmp sideprofile.bmp (774.4 KB, 584 views)
Old 15th June 2009, 10:19   #28
BHPian

The Cruze is definitely going to be stunner and a great attempt by Chevy.
The interiors of the car look stunning and the ride and build quality will definitely be amazing.
IMHO, Cruze can very well be an incarnation to the struggling giant in India.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:56   #29
BHPian

Yes this is a Chevy Cruze

As you all had mentioned, this is a Chevy Cruze no second thoughts on it.

FYI this is not manufactured in Talegon, instead in Halol, Gujarat.

This is due for release in Sep 09 as on paper.

You can even spot this car if you are somewhere in whitefield or in Whitefield main road, Bangalore or in Hosur road.

For sure this is going to sweep the "C" segment, a pretty good competition for skoda and civic.

Chevrolet India is on a roll, after this being the launch of small hatch back in the end of the year.

There is no stopping for GM India.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 15th June 2009, 15:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post

Chevrolet India is on a roll, after this being the launch of small hatch back in the end of the year.

There is no stopping for GM India.
Sorry but definately looks like the end of the road for GM India. They now look like a drowning man clutching at straws. Had to come up with something real special. GM internationally has gone Kaput and no matter how much the Indian wing tries, it will ultimately suffer the fate of its mother company. But they had it coming. Chevrolet has been selling re-badged obsolete Daewoo cars for long enough - Daewoo Kalos -> Chevy Aveo, Daewoo Nubira - Chevy Optra, Daewoo Matiz -> Chevy Spark. Now even the spy pic of the Cruz's interiors shows a daewoo badged steering wheel !!

Now which discontinued Daewoo model has been badged as the cruz ?? Have to really dig into Daewoo archives for this one....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks