Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 08:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the reply is not enough. Ask them to give precise reason as why they can service the car at Ajmer. Without any precise reason, travelling 140+140 kms is not why you bought the car. Also ask them who will pay for it, Honda ? What about the acts of dealer from the past, who will pay for it ?

Honda as usual is acting rigidly. Give into it and they win the case with ease. Honda is not looking at the customer with proper respects. Its not matter of " Esteemed Customer ", etc., that is just fine print. What matters is how they act at the end of the day.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Resolution

IMHO what Honda did is the decent thing. The car was bought in Jaipur therefore I presume there is no dealer / A.S.C. in Ajmer. Imagine I lived in some deep forest and bought myself a car, it would not be reasonable on my part to expect the car co. to come to my place and rectify defects.

Honda has promised free replacement of parts. Good enough for me.

Cheers,
Old 16th June 2009, 12:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

If there is no service center in Ajmer and the nearest Honda dealership is in Jaipur, then the car will have to be taken to Jaipur. I don't see anything wrong with what Honda says. Besides, they have said there will be free replacement. At the most you can insist that the repair will be done in your presence so that old/used parts are not used again.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Is this reply received by me enough?? What should I do? take the car 140 kms or so, one way?
Is that the nearest Honda Service station? Then that's where the repairs can be performed. I think it is fair on Honda's part to ask you to take it to the nearest service station. Maybe you can ask them to pay for the transport also. Since they are replacing the parts free of cost, your complaints are addressed right?
Old 16th June 2009, 22:59   #50
BHPian

On talking to the Honda persons, I was told that for proper repairs to be made, they will have to remove the engine. Is that OK?

Further, if this is the case, why was it not done in the 1st place? Even after I took the car to their workshop, they said everything was ok. So they did a con job? Do I get repaid about Rs.2300/- or so that I spent then?

They do not specify what all has to be changed by them FOC? And I don't think they are obliging me by asking me to come to Jaipur at my own expense? Why? 280 kms = 22 lits or so, which is about Rs.1000/-, what about my own time and my driver's time?? I wouldn't trust them without being present.

They wont give any answers to the queries/requests in my e-mails, and Mr.Ajay Kumar is on leave. I keep chasing them with phone calls etc.
Old 17th June 2009, 00:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
IMHO what Honda did is the decent thing. The car was bought in Jaipur therefore I presume there is no dealer / A.S.C. in Ajmer.
Imagine I lived in some deep forest and bought myself a car, it would not be reasonable on my part to expect the car co. to come to my place and rectify defects.

Honda has promised free replacement of parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If there is no service center in Ajmer and the nearest Honda dealership is in Jaipur, then the car will have to be taken to Jaipur. I don't see anything wrong with what Honda says. Besides, they have said there will be free replacement.
This is not my problem neither my thread, but here I am taking the liberty to post my opinion that what Honda has demanded is wrong.

After what has happened till now, atleast Honda can offer to pay for the 140+140 km journey. May be not in terms of cash, but some offer like free service, or warranty, etc.
Its not that the thread starter will be taking his car for service to Jaipur for the first time to carry out repairs. The first question that Honda must answer is that why in the first place repairs were not carried out properly.

Not even offer free service to off set the cost of transport after what has happened till now is not digestible to me atleast.
And as far my knowledge, in the first place itself the replacement in proper manner must have been done.

Ajmer is not a forest, neither it is the first time a visit has to be made. I wonder Honda has audacity to act like this.

Honda had not even cared to reply in timely manner to thread starter's emails, that are genuine in the first place. Honda has till now done no good deeds that they can put demand like " Bring your car over to another city if you want to carry out repairs. ". There isn't a hint like they are ready to compensate for the transport cost, both monetary cost and time invested in journey.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th June 2009 at 00:21.
Old 17th June 2009, 00:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This is not my problem neither my thread, .......

After what has happened till now, atleast Honda can offer to pay for the 140+140 km journey. May be not in terms of cash, but some offer like free service, or warranty, etc.
Its not that the thread starter will be taking his car for service to Jaipur for the first time to carry out repairs. The first question that Honda must answer is that why in the first place repairs were not carried out properly.

Not even offer free service to off set the cost of transport after what has happened till now is not digestible to me atleast.
And as far my knowledge, in the first place itself the replacement in proper manner must have been done.

Ajmer is not a forest, neither it is the first time a visit has to be made. I wonder Honda has audacity to act like this.

Honda had not even cared to reply in timely manner to thread starter's emails, that are genuine in the first place. Honda has till now done no good deeds that they can put demand like " Bring your car over to another city if you want to carry out repairs. ". There isn't a hint like they are ready to compensate for the transport cost, both monetary cost and time invested in journey.
Relax, it is everybodys thread and problem. That is why we are here and that is why we are a community!

Your anguish and anger at the botched first attempt are justifiable and your suggestion of some freebies to compensate for the cost of the second journey is an excellent one.

The reply from Honda, though not instantaneous, is not unduly delayed. Let us face it, corporations are bureaucracies and they move slowly, they do take time to react, given that, they have responded within a decent time frame. IMHO it is in the car owners interest to take it to the nearest workshop where all the spares and tools are available, unfortunately in this case it happens to be in another city.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 17th June 2009 at 00:37.
Old 17th June 2009, 06:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On talking to the Honda persons, I was told that for proper repairs to be made, they will have to remove the engine. Is that OK?
If they have to change the tensioner assembly, they'll have to lift the engine because there is precious little room in there to work.

Quote:
Further, if this is the case, why was it not done in the 1st place? Even after I took the car to their workshop, they said everything was ok. So they did a con job? Do I get repaid about Rs.2300/- or so that I spent then?
Typical Honda dealer arrogance. They all are, to some degree. Some are just aloof, some are just downright dangerous, like yours. If Honda's proposed fix does the job, I think you are entitled to fight them for a refund for the previous jobs, which were obviously not endorsed by Honda.

Quote:
They do not specify what all has to be changed by them FOC? And I don't think they are obliging me by asking me to come to Jaipur at my own expense? Why? 280 kms = 22 lits or so, which is about Rs.1000/-, what about my own time and my driver's time?? I wouldn't trust them without being present.

They wont give any answers to the queries/requests in my e-mails, and Mr.Ajay Kumar is on leave. I keep chasing them with phone calls etc.
Ask them to have a represetantive from Honda present at the workshop. I think that's the least they can do for an aggrieved customer. You can talk to him about the dealership doing a shoddy job in their previous attempts as well.

Hope it works out well...
Old 17th June 2009, 09:31   #54
BHPian

Any idea of how to approach the MRTPC for Honda's unjustifiable hike of upto 6 times (as per the 15th April notification), in their spares for the Civic? any addresses, email or Phone nos.?
Old 17th June 2009, 09:43   #55
BHPian

Letter to Honda. Let's see what they do?

I would like some Honda company person to be present if and when I take the car to the Jaipur workshop, so that I am assured of the repairs being carried out in a proper manner.

Also I would like to know the position of all my past payments done towards getting the car rectified earlier, and expenses being incurred by me towards the current problem.

I would expect you to compensate me somehow, at least for the monetary losses if not for the image loss or mental torture and harassment.

Please do reply in writing urgently.

Thanks
sandeep garg

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 17th June 2009 at 09:44.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:36   #56
BHPian

I have kept on chasing Honda persons on the phone. Everytime, at 0ne2one or the company customer care, it is a different person. I have to explain everything again (at least 6 persons till now).

I am always being promised that they will revert to me, but no response whatsoever. I dont even know what all they are going to do at the workshop? What all will be replaced etc.?
Old 17th June 2009, 22:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Relax, it is everybodys thread and problem. That is why we are here and that is why we are a community!
Exactly, and thats is why I lose my head when I hear how innocent buyers are cheated shamelessly.

@alankarm@sancha :

All I can say is this, Dont move to Jaipur station unless there is somebody from Honda present. You cannot put trust on them anymore.

Also its again quite a rude shock that Honda has till now not reverted back to you. Dont move for repairs untill they reply back ( sorry for acting like a paranoid, but this is very very shocking as I thought Honda is more honest as we move up the ladder ). It clearly shows that there is something wrong in the case or Honda system has got as slow as our snail.
Old 18th June 2009, 07:28   #58
BHPian

MONOPOLIES AND RESTRICTIVE TRADE PRACTICE COMMISSION

Complaints regarding monopolistic trade practice, unfair trade practice and restrictive trade practice can be made to the MRTP commission at the following address:

Director General (Investigation & Registration)
MRTPC
Bikaner House Baracks
Shahjahan Road
New Delhi 110011

Procedure of action on complaint:
  • Inquiry may be initiated through a complaint by an individual or registered consumer organisation.
  • Fact finding investigation is carried on by the Director General.
  • If no prima facie case is made, the complaint is dismissed, else an order is passed to that effect.
  • The commission may restrain the party concerned from carrying on the impugned trade practices by granting temporary injunction.
  • Final order is passed. Compensation may be granted to the complainant.
MRTP ACT

The Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969, aims to prevent concentration of economic power to the common detriment, provide for control of monopolies and probation of monopolistic, restrictive and unfair trade practice, and protect consumer interest.

Monopolistic trade practice:

Monopolistic trade practice is that which represents abuse of market power in the production and marketing of goods and services by eliminating potential competitors from market and taking advantage of the control over the market by charging unreasonably high prices, preventing or reducing competition, limiting technical development, deteriorating product quality or by adopting unfair or deceptive trade practices.

Unfair Trade Practice:
  • Misleading advertisement and False Representation
  • Falsely representing that goods and services are of a particular standard, quality, grade, composition or style.
  • Falsely representing any second hand renovated or old goods as new.
  • Representing that goods or services, seller or supplier have a sponsorship, approval or affiliation which they do not have.
  • Making a false or misleading representation concerning need for, or usefulness of goods or services.
  • Giving to public any warranty, guarantee of performance that is not based on an adequate test or making to public a representation which purports to be such a guarantee or warranty.
  • False and misleading claims with respect to the price of goods or services.
  • Giving false or misleading facts disparaging the goods, services or trade of another person or concern.
Restrictive Trade Practice:

To maximise profits and market power, traders often attempt to indulge in certain trade practices which tend to obstruct the flow of capital into the stream of production. It may also bring manipulation of prices or conditions of delivery or affect the flow of supplies in the market so as to impose unjustified costs.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th June 2009 at 11:15. Reason: Removed all tags, please dont copy paste from an external editor.
Old 18th June 2009, 10:46   #59
BHPian

This shows that every company has dealers who have bad response/service whether it is HONDA, MARUTHI, or Skoda etc, these problems if not rectified, we as buyers should make sure that these people lose their dealerships or let better people take over
Old 18th June 2009, 20:30   #60
BHPian

Letter from Pink City Motors. Still no contact from Honda company??

Respected Sir,

We are deeply regret caused by you & assuring you the best services from our end.
Dear sir we would like to inform you that as per our telephonic discussion we will replace your vehicle part timming belt,timming belt bracket & tensioner bolt in FOC basis.

Hence we would like to request to plz send ur car at Jaipur to resolve ur vehicle concern.

For any assistance plz feel free to contact under signed.

Thanks & Regards

Vinod Sharma
Sr.Service Manager
Pinkcity Honda
Jaipur
Ph-9887300051

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks