Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:29   #106
BHPian

Forget about convincing the dealers, they are the persons (along with Honda itself) who are hiding the facts in India. They are as usual taking us for a ride.
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:36   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Forget about convincing the dealers, they are the persons (along with Honda itself) who are hiding the facts in India. They are as usual taking us for a ride.
I remember you having multiple written as well as telecon conversation with Honda. Has Honda never mention this earlier ? Because what this bulletin details is similar to the issues you faced.

If that is the case, then Honda is simply hiding it. They should have atleast mention it to you & more importantly they already knowing the issue & solution, you should not have sufferred repeatedly. Difficult to believe Honda doing it
Old 24th July 2009, 07:28   #108
BHPian

NO!! Honda, even after repeated calls right upto their NOIDA office, or their dealer, have ever mentioned this. Some mechanics at the dealer's workshop have mentioned the problem occurring in some other CIVICs also, but never a mention of this as a generic problem.

I think HONDA and the Dealers are simply hiding it from us in INDIA.

SO MUCH FOR THE LEGENDARY HONDA QUALITY AND SERVICE> DISGUSTING TO SAY THE LEAST.

I must say that in general Tata, Mahindra, Maruti etc. are now probably miles ahead of these SO CALLED LEGENDARY companies in responsiveness to problems. And they are doing it simply and quietly too, without any HYPE.

This is what they owe us anyway, it is not an obligation that we are seeking.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 24th July 2009 at 07:32.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:18   #109
BHPian

I may be just a little Off Topic,

Anyone knows the email id of Honda Customer care? I dont find the mail ids on their website. I need to contact them for something. Snail mail will take long time and call centers are pretty useless when it comes to certain questions and clarifications.

@Moderators, Is it possible to start a thread on such info like important mail id/contact info of manufacturers/customer care and make it sticky? I see a lot of bhpians' sad stories here and honestly, I am terrified. But should there be a need, at least Team-BHP would provide instant info on 'contact whom'?
Old 4th November 2009, 21:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

alankar , any updates ? The thread seems to've gone dry.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:17   #111
BHPian

Hi

I bought a Honda City in 2005 and had problems right from the beginning. I did send mails to Honda but they never bothere to reply or look into it. Last month I switched to Toyota . One of the reasons was that they are more customer centric than Honda.

Cheers Ramesh
Old 5th November 2009, 15:52   #112
BHPian

Yes I also feel that Honda does not care. The dealers bring in new civic for a test Drive. Last month when I requested for the CIVIV TD, the dealer brought in a Brand New civic with temp number and while doing TD it did scratched even the small manhole cover. Feel pity for the person who must have taken the delivery of that car.

Here in India they know that our judicial system is so bad thats why they take customers for a ride.

Here no "Customer Care", no body knows what does it mean.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:37   #113
BHPian

Looks like we'll treat sko"da" and hon"da" in the same league.a lot of niggles are coming up off late and only half or less get reported and taking honda's numbers there must be a lot more people with problems but not knowing of a place to vent out.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Mmmyep. I can't believe the number of Civics of late getting blown gearboxes and dealers putting in fake parts and getting their customers into accidents.

Oh, wait...
Old 9th November 2009, 16:11   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Mmmyep. I can't believe the number of Civics of late getting blown gearboxes and dealers putting in fake parts and getting their customers into accidents.

Oh, wait...
.......you were joking, right ? (to achieve min character limit)
Old 16th November 2009, 12:07   #116
BHPian

Yes dealer do use fake parts and bill you as geninue parts. This has happened to me when maruti dealer used fake parts which I got it inspected from another dealer which confirmed the same and the dealership of bhasin automobile got cancelled.

One has to be carefull in these matters.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:33   #117
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know Maruthi dealers sold Hondas. That's awesome! I can take my Civic for servicing so much closer, now that I know.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:48   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I didn't know Maruthi dealers sold Hondas. That's awesome! I can take my Civic for servicing so much closer, now that I know.
Let it go, its just a troll...
Old 4th June 2011, 23:26   #119
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Problems With My Civic And Honda Does Not Care

I am bumping this thread because I am facing somewhat similar issues. This issue has been discussed a bit in the long term Civic ownership thread, but I felt it is time to tell and discuss with a larger audience.

For those who are not familiar with my ride, I bought a March 07 Civic last year which had 33k on the clock. Before picking up the car I had called up Honda who had kindly furnished its service history. There were no red flags. After purchasing the vehicle, I took it straight to Honda for a service where everything seemed to be fine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...months-up.html

About 2-3 months back an irritating "grr grr" noise started coming from the engine bay. The noise will come only in load between idle to 1500 RPM. On increasing RPM any further it was not possible to discern the noise as road-noise and engine noise would take over. Showed it friend and fellow BHPian @mdsaab and we both decided that it was best to take it to Honda. Next day at Honda service the SA told that this noise is coming from "Torque Converter" and very common for a Civic AT. Left it at that.

Recently the noise had become too much. After several informative and useful discussions with fellow BHPians (Guderian, Jatinpatel, GauravChopra04 to name a few), took it to Honda again for a check. This time they agreed that there could be an issue, however they can look at it if only I give it for the 40k service. Since car had crossed 39k, I agreed.

During service all fluids were changed. A TD after engine oil change showed noise was still there. SAs felt engine might need to be opened and decarbonized. They have never done such a job so far and need authorization. On my insistance they agreed to look at belt components and water pump and then take a decision. After opening belt they told me that everything is fine, and noise is not from water pump. By this time I realized that it was no good pursuing this noise issue there because of their inexperience. Infact noise was higher after the service.

Yes I could have left the car at their center till they fixed it. But the talk of opening the engine left me cold, disappointed and trust-less.

Came back straight to @mdsaab's house where he was also shocked at the increased amount of noise. We gave the car to a independent garage. They felt that the center lower mount had play in it and needed to be replaced. After replacing that part, the noise still remained. We removed the serpentine belt and took a drive. Removing serpentine belt means that alternator, power steering and AC is disabled and engine is isolated from those systems.

No noise, none at all.

So engine and tranny system is fine.

We decided to look at the belt system. The independent garage told me a day later that the auto-tensioner has gone bad, massive play at bolt areas and it needs to be replaced. A genuine Honda part was bought and fitted.

Sound reduced by a very large degree. It had become very faint. Paid the guy and went about my business.

But the sound had not really gone. During cold start there is no noise, as soon as engine is warm the noise comes back however in low volumes than before.

So took the car today to another reputed garage in Pune. The owner is very knowledgeable and has tuned and modded several BHPian's cars including Civics. He took a drive and instantly acknowledged that there is a noise. Took a stethoscope and probed the engine bay area. Finally noise was diagnosed to.. auto tensioner again!

I will probably tend to the matter soon. Is it still the auto tensioner or something else that is making the auto-tensioner move/play? I dont know yet. Maybe the first independent garage didnt fit back the belt properly. We will see. Car ("Scorponok") runs fantastic otherwise. It redlines before you realize it, gives 10+ FE in city conditions. No other issues.

What really bothers me is Honda's "chalta hai" attitude. I mean the auto tensioner issue should have been caught at Honda when it is documented that early Civics had this issue. The stock auto-tensioner has "Slovakia" embossed on it. Will post a picture if necessary. What two independent garages found out in quick time, Honda folks totally overlooked it.

Last edited by dot : 4th June 2011 at 23:33.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 13:48   #120
BHPian

Re: Problems With My Civic And Honda Does Not Care

Well..... My experience with Honda has been on similar lines with arrogance of dealerships serving as icing on cake.

I bought the Civic 1.8 V AT in Jul 2007 from Dakshin Honda in Bangalore. The car was delivered with no fuss and on time. 100 meters out of the showroom and I drove straight back in as there was thud-thud noise in one of the wheels. Closer examination revealed that a 3 inch long threaded bolt was perpendicular into the tyre. The guys quickly proceeded to patch the "puncture" and only a verbal exchange resulted in a new tyre being provided (obviously whacked from another Civic standing next).

Next came poor service. Two free services resulted in car coming back "unclean" and "driven without mats while being serviced".

I switched to Whitefield Honda and things were better initially. A couple of accidents were taken care of with no major issues worth reporting. I was happy with the switch and felt that it was not Honda but some dealers.

Finally is started with Whitefield Honda too. Their Service advisors and managers are overworked and the simple excuse is that they have had mass exodus and short of hands. Most (with no exception) of them do not pick up calls at all. Obviously, we can not be visiting the service center each time to check if the work has begun or completed.

The only saving grace is their General Manager - Service who is currently answering customer calls himself. If only his people learn from him.

After escalation, he himself is attending to my car which is undergoing minor accident repairs. I sympathize with him and the situation but am 100% sure that I do not want to face this again.

I have decided to sell the Civic and am toggling between the choices of Chevrolet Cruze and Skoda Laura......So ends the story.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks