Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 14:52   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The PCD is 98 for all FIAT cars and I am sure this would be the case here also -- 100%

PS: I personally like the alloys -- but still not better than my S10 alloys

Thanks khan_sultan.

I'm going to have tough time getting an alloy that i like.

Not better than S10 for sure and i am guessing you drive S10.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:52   #227
Senior - BHPian

Even I like the alloys...
Old 16th June 2009, 15:13   #228
Senior - BHPian

I don't like the alloys. The gap in the wheel arch is also pretty huge but I guess that's because of the raised ride height for our roads. An upgrade to 16 inch alloys should solve the problem but unless Fiat gives us options it will be difficult to find 98 PCD ones in design's to our liking.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:13   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I loved the dark grey one. Blue looks cool as well. Though I prefer Linea's flamenco red more than this red. Can't really wait for tomorrow.

BTW, it's interesting that cars in Delhi are bearing Pune's MH-12 number plates!
That's because they've specially been brought here for the launch. There's a team of 6 people accompanying the cars. Their job is to prep the cars for the launch tomorrow and get rid of all the scratches incurred during transit.
The cars will be sent back to Pune after the launch.

Inside info : Only two cars will be on display for the launch ; The red one and the Blue one. Rest of the cars will be cars for the press ! This info is as of now.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:19   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't like the alloys. The gap in the wheel arch is also pretty huge but I guess that's because of the raised ride height for our roads. An upgrade to 16 inch alloys should solve the problem but unless Fiat gives us options it will be difficult to find 98 PCD ones in design's to our liking.

The options would be the alloys linea. But then if not those which are the brands that provides 98 PCD alloys?

Because the first thing i want to change the alloy and only then i want to take around and make others jealous

Last edited by ~~VinZ~~ : 16th June 2009 at 15:20.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Rana Tyres on DB Gupta road, Delhi has 98 pcd wheels for the linea in 16 and 17 inches even. Found them after an exhaustive and almost futile search. But spoke to them on the phone to confirm. Have to pay him a visit this weekend.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:28   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I happened to visit Golden Plams resort on Friday, June 12. In the drive way there were four cars lined up with covers on. I could guess the first one as Swift and the others looked a little different.

As I entered the place, I saw a poster mentioning Fiat Training in 4th floor. Thats when I rushed back outside for a closer look at the cars and I saw the GP tucked under the cover.

I also want to share with you guys that there were two GP's and one Swift ZXi and i20 each. Looks like the sales guys will be comparing GP with these vehicles in the showrooms in the coming days.

I must tell you though Fiat didn't want the pix to be rolled out, they had really tucked the car in and the guards were always having a eye on the cars. When a guard saw me approaching the car with a cam, he quickly asked me to not to take any pictures of the car. He really didn't know the kind of pest I am. I did manage to take some pictures, the covers were out on saturday, fiat & tata guys were driving around in the car for testing!.

P.S: I am sure you guys have seen enough pix. Hence not uploading them
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Hey man kindly reupload the pic as i could not find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Theres another member who has posted the pics from golden palms, please post what you have!
Click on the below thread link and go to page 17. Edmund has posted on 7th June the pictures of the Punto that he took at The Golden Palms Spa and Resort.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...17th-june.html - go to page 17

Take a look at the beauty there. She is in Minimal Grey shade and she looks absolutely HOT!

regards
Smooth Sailing
Old 16th June 2009, 15:29   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, it's interesting that cars in Delhi are bearing Pune's MH-12 number plates!
Trade Certificate (TC) registration. They are registered at the place of manufacture with TC nos and later registered at customer's RTO. Maruti has HR-26 (Gurgaon), TML has JH-05 (Jamshedpur) on its trucks, Daewoo had UP-16(Greater Noida).
Old 16th June 2009, 15:32   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Trade Certificate (TC) registration. They are registered at the place of manufacture with TC nos and later registered at customer's RTO. Maruti has HR-26 (Gurgaon), TML has JH-05 (Jamshedpur) on its trucks, Daewoo had UP-16(Greater Noida).
Oh! Thanks for letting me know.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:49   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Can the same TC nos hold good for two different cars? Reason for me asking is because the picture of BOTH the Minimal Grey Punto at The Golden Palms Spa and Resort posted by Edmund and the picture of the Hip Hop Black Punto at Rama Motors, Okhla posted today by ghost rider, well they both have the same TC nos.

Can someone throw some light, would be good to know!
Old 16th June 2009, 15:49   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
Click on the below thread link and go to page 17. Edmund has posted on 7th June the pictures of the Punto that he took at The Golden Palms Spa and Resort.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...17th-june.html - go to page 17

Take a look at the beauty there. She is in Minimal Grey shade and she looks absolutely HOT!

regards
Smooth Sailing
It's in the page 73 and post 1089, link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1336122-post1089.html

She is stunning in that minimal grey color and somehow i liked the alloys in that color. It suited the color of the car.

Here are some pictures of white punto, not from india though. It cant get hotter than that white punto.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1336605-post1107.html
Old 16th June 2009, 16:00   #237
BHPian

Dark grey seems best.
Next best is the Electic blue if you like to be flashy (like Fiesta S).
Old 16th June 2009, 16:06   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Dark grey seems best.
Next best is the Electic blue if you like to be flashy (like Fiesta S).
yep! I second that. I don't like alloys much either! They look like wheel caps and on Linea it is the other way round. The wheel caps themselves look like alloys.

Guess some serious cost cutting by Fiat to keep price low and to compete with Swift. Waiting for tomorrow, impatiently!
Old 16th June 2009, 16:06   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
Can the same TC nos hold good for two different cars?
Not sure, but I am sure TC numbers are recycled. But whether two cars can have the same TC number together is slightly funny. But now we are going really off-topic!
Old 16th June 2009, 16:13   #240
BHPian

Quote:
yep! I second that. I don't like alloys much either! They look like wheel caps and on Linea it is the other way round. The wheel caps themselves look like alloys.

Guess some serious cost cutting by Fiat to keep price low and to compete with Swift. Waiting for tomorrow, impatiently!
Me too. The Dark grey is seriosly classy to look at and then comes the Electric blue and hip hop black.

I did not like the alloys either, but somehow in that light grey shade i felt it looked good.

Waiting for tomorrow, biting my nails.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks