Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 17:23   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post

Tarun,The link seems to be broken.Can you re post?
Old 17th June 2009, 17:26   #572
Senior - BHPian

It this true?

Fiat unveils Grande Punto at Rs 399,000: Rediff Money

3.99 lac ?
Old 17th June 2009, 17:28   #573
BHPian

UPDATE :

Punto brochure can be found here
Fiat Grande Punto Brochure, Information India

Drooling!
Old 17th June 2009, 17:29   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I did see this video in YouTube before but isn't that a europe version video. Because it is left hand drive and the bucket seats shown are something which we do not get in india.

Yet to check the pictires
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
yes, its true:

PETROL-1.2
City Grande Punto Active
DELHI Rs. 3.99 lakh

PETROL-1.4
City Grande Punto Dynamic Grande Punto Emotion Grande Punto Emotion Pack
DELHI Rs. 4.66 lakh Rs. 5.06 lakh Rs. 5.61 lakh

DIESEL-1.3
City Grande Punto Active Grande Punto Dynamic Grande Punto Emotion Grande Punto Emotion Pack
DELHI 4.85 lakh Rs. 5.16 lakh Rs. 5.56 lakh 6.11 lakh
Old 17th June 2009, 17:32   #575
Senior - BHPian

Update?

The Fiat Punto website is still not officially open with all the details.

What is taking them so long?? Good pricing though by Fiat. Top end diesel 1.3 Emo+ will cost a little over 7 lakhs on road.

Good luck, Fiat.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:36   #576
Senior - BHPian

Am surprised this time as to why fiat kept a much wider price difference in Emotion and Emotion packs in Punto?

Its Rs 55,000 in Petrol Punto whereas when i bought Linea it was a mere 29000 which tempted almost everyone to buy Emotion packs as mostly all Lineas here are E Packs.
Is the price difference there so that Emotion also gets considered by people unlike Linea where there was long waiting for E packs.

Quote:
Seems the designers are busy munching paneer and chicken tikkas this much delay shouldnt have been there. Lousy people, site should have been up by now, its launched today but seems like dealers are showing cars from tomorrow we will get the website also tomorrow till then its secret

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th June 2009 at 17:38.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:39   #577
BHPian

wow - its difficult to keep track of this thread - a few hours of meetings and i am 10 pages behind !!

Good pricing by fiat and good specs - whats missing is a niche sports variant, with the 1.4 ltr turbo 120bhp petrol - or am i dreaming too much !
Old 17th June 2009, 17:43   #578
BHPian

There has been some frantic page refreshing today and it seems all this has been for good. Only if the Test Drive report was available, it would have rounded up perfectly an awesome launch for a highly anticipated car from the italian stables...

...I personally would give no weightage to zigwheels reviews as a lot of these sites just copy information from here and there without serious opinions. It is people within our forum, the actual buyer community, that matter most.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:45   #579
Senior - BHPian

So, finally, wait is over.
As i had posted in jazz thread about my friend's waiting for jazz, here i am recommending him punto.
And yes, i am serious [about punto], not just time pass.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th June 2009 at 17:47.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:46   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

What is taking them so long?? Good pricing though by Fiat. Top end diesel 1.3 Emo+ will cost a little over 7 lakhs on road.

Good luck, Fiat.
The Website would be live at 8pm tonight, this is when the party begins in Delhi given by Fiat (Thats what my bro said some time back while he was writing the review).
Old 17th June 2009, 17:49   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Quick math.
1.4L
GP: 78 ps/ton
Linea: 73 ps/ton

1.3L
GP: 63 ps/ton
Linea: 66 ps/ton
And that seems less than what Jazz produces with a 1.2 - I am outta here - let the fire start
Old 17th June 2009, 17:52   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
What does this mean?
CAN is Controller Area Network. Basically, everything in the car communicates together digitally using a single bus. Levels of integration may vary though. In some cars, it is limited to just the engine management and OBDII interface. The Civic has the CAN bus running the climate control system, ABS, the whole multiplex meter system and OBDII.

Most newly designed cars run their whole car using this system. Laura f.ex. uses it to enable the audio system to display and control everything in the car. I'm not certain the Indian Laura is equipped with the head unit required for this functionality though. But the fact that something like this is already wired in makes it easy to just plug the required equipment in and it'll just... work.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 17th June 2009 at 17:53.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:02   #583
BHPian

I cannot stop drooling at these two.

Now here is what i want to know

1) How can get the black painting done on top, does fiat take care of it?

2) Is there anyway i can get those alloys in india, or similar ones? The main problem geting alloys are the 98PCD.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-2008fiatgrandepuntoscnnet019.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 18:03   #584
BHPian

Its official guys....
Grand Punto starting at 3.99 lacs.

Quoting from indiatimes.timesofindia.com

Fiat launches Grande Punto priced at Rs 3.99-6.11 lakh

17 Jun 2009, 1219 hrs IST, PTI
Print Email Discuss Share Save CommentText:
NEW DELHI: Italian car major Fiat on Wednesday launched its much-awaited premium small car Grande Punto in both petrol and diesel variants in the Indian market, priced between Rs 3.99 lakh and Rs 6.11 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

"The launch of Grande Punto marks a new milestone for Fiat in India as we bring the quintessentially Italian designs to Indian shores," Fiat India Automobiles Ltd (FIAL) Chief Executive Officer Rajeev Kapoor told reporters here.

The company believes that the small-car segment is under-tapped and customers are increasingly looking forward to international brands on Indian roads, he added.

Grande Punto, which was first launched in the European market in 2005, would be rolled out from the company's plant at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra in four variants each in both petrol (1.2 litre an 1.4 litre) and diesel modes (1.3 litre).

The petrol variants would cost Rs 3.99-5.61 lakh, while the diesel cars would be offered at Rs 4.85-6.11 lakh.

FIAL, a 50:50 joint venture between Italy-based Fiat SpA and domestic auto major Tata Motors, plans to position the car in the premium hatchback segment along with Maruti Suzuki's Ritz, Hyundai's i20, Skoda's Fabia and Honda Siel's Jazz.

The company said Grande Punto would be retailed through over 100 Tata-Fiat dealers network across the country.

The company's Ranjangaon facility has a production capacity of two lakh cars and three lakh engines per annum. It produces Palio Stile and Linea from the plant.

Link: Fiat launches Grande Punto priced at Rs 3.99-6.11 lakh - India Business - Business - The Times of India

START DROOLING.......

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th June 2009 at 18:33. Reason: Removed Font & Color Tags
Old 17th June 2009, 18:04   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am surprised this time as to why fiat kept a much wider price difference in Emotion and Emotion packs in Punto?

Its Rs 55,000 in Petrol Punto whereas when i bought Linea it was a mere 29000 which tempted almost everyone to buy Emotion packs as mostly all Lineas here are E Packs.
Is the price difference there so that Emotion also gets considered by people unlike Linea where there was long waiting for E packs.
From Emotion to Emotion+ big jump

may be due to

15" Tyres/Alloys

Blue & Me

Steering Controls

ACC

Steering/Gear Leather wrap

3 point ELR Seat Belts with Pre-tensioners & Load limiter

Dual Stage Dual Airbags

Seat Belt warning with Light and Buzzer
Closed Thread

Most Viewed