Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 17:48   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Okies folks. I am officially the first Bangalorean to book the GP

Expecting my medium grey suave italian sometime next week.

Regarding the much debated space issue, here's my take(and its completely my personal feeling, so no offence meant to any).

-If I want a car to drive around and enjoy it, I dont need acres of space inside.I want to concentrate more on the outside rather than whats inside.When I need space, i'll trade my car for a MPV or my RE(the world's ur space there). I found the space adequate.Mebbe because at 5.7 I dont qualify as tall!! After the front seat had been pushed all the way back, I had enough space to kick around while at no time did my knees touch the front seats. I cant say the same about the Swift though.
So, personally, I am more than happy with the space available.

Lets take it from here.
Congrats.. Which one did you book.. Model, colour details man...
Old 18th June 2009, 17:52   #767
BHPian

+1 to extreme_torque

P.S : Adore ur signature man!!

@Palio_2005 : Medium Grey : E+ : Diesel : 7.23 OTR Blr

Somehow I felt that a dark color would contrast the silver alloys well. And with 3M tints on it, the dark glasshouse would again be a nice contrast against the lighter grey. Just my personal sense of asthetics and keeping it simple
Old 18th June 2009, 18:08   #768
BHPian

There had been a mixed reviews about GP in this thread and to summarise- the rear is cramped and is quite sluggish and low revvs.

The clutch travel is normal with Fiats so no problems with palio owners.

I am and had been always waiting for the 1.4 reviews, other versions are meant for economy and office commuting LOL.

If space cramping is a problem then I dont think anyone wud like to take the rear seats of 500.
And if sluggishness is a problem then 1.4 is there for you !

Still from all the reviews I can say that Palio 1.6 is THE car by Fiat till date.
I wud still prefer Palio 1.6 sport over GP (read it Fiat and not Abarth).
Old 18th June 2009, 18:14   #769
BHPian

I went to Concorde motors near Dairy circle and looked the car. It looked like a sibling of Palio. They have two red cars, one for Display and other for TD. What a bad experience i had at Concorde. No one welcomes, nor cares.. Very bad. Attitude hurts a lot for a potential buyer like me. Car is solid built like a tank. But, i feel it is little over priced.

Bangalore On road Price

DI Active - 571219
DI Dynamic - 612735
DI Emotion - 659419
DI Emotion Pack - 723608
Old 18th June 2009, 18:14   #770
BHPian

Punto Website

visited the punto website after receiving a mail invite. The website simply doesnt function properly. the preview doesnt skip and page hangs. Guess there is a lot of traffic, but the site managers should have figured that and put on a suitable domain.
Dont want fiat to suffer because of any third party's fault.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:17   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
- With driver seat fully back, i tried the back seat and whoa, there was very little space. i am 5'11 and i could feel my knees protruding in the back of driver seat. i drive a Hyundai Santro and i felt Santro to have better rear space than GP
Santro, WagonR are tall boys. The seat profile is quite high which gives a feeling of more space. Rear seats in WagonR (I drive one) or Santro (been on the back seat many a times) may not have leg space issues but they certainly have comfort issues (for the back). I found GP quite comfortable in that aspect.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:24   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
@Palio_2005 : Medium Grey : E+ : Diesel : 7.23 OTR Blr
Great choice man! The medium grey is the classiest of them all. Even better than black. And this comes from someone who believed cars should only exist in black. Hope to join the club soon. But I might go for Emotion (don't think the pack is worth the price).
Old 18th June 2009, 18:38   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
But I might go for Emotion (don't think the pack is worth the price).
While its your perogative the variant you want to go for, speaking for myself I think the top end emotion pack is great VFM considering what you get as extra above the normal emotion variant for 55 k's
1) Wider Tyres (5k's?)
2) 15 inch Alloys wheels (20k's)
3) Automatic Climate Control (5k's)
4) ABS + EBD (25k's)
5) Dual Multistage Air Bags (20k's)
6) Blue and Me (10k's)
7) Steering Mounted Controls (2k's)
8) Leather Covered Steering wheel and shift knb.(2k's)

The above things will cost around 90k's approx. Even if they cost 55k's which I am 100% sure they would, it still is great VFM.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:56   #774
BHPian

Punto dekha toh yeh khayal aaya

Ki tu swift/ i20 ko achcha competition dega. Bas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I went to Concorde motors near Dairy circle and looked the car. It looked like a sibling of Palio. They have two red cars, one for Display and other for TD. What a bad experience i had at Concorde. No one welcomes, nor cares.. Very bad. Attitude hurts a lot for a potential buyer like me. Car is solid built like a tank. But, i feel it is little over priced.
@funda - when did you go? did we check out the car together? I was there at 4 pm exact!

Yes...I had a terrible experience as well. But I expected it given my history.

Brief recap - Wanted to buy the Palio. Tata didnt seem to want to sell it to me. Booked Getz crdi. Found out GP pricing yesterday. Enquired about cancellation process at Hyundai. Went to see the GP - intent on booking after seeing it.

Cut to present:

But felt a bit disappointed. Sticking with the Getz CRDi. Hyundai sales guy happy happy. Tata doesn't seem to want to sell me a GP either.

I didnt TD the GP. But, did a thorough inspection. Twice. Rear seat is very cramped. Esp for anyone who has been in an Indica/ Indigo/ Palio/ Getz. I felt it was about the same as the Swift. Also, the rear seat does not have adjustable back.

Interiors are outta the world by Fiat standards. Meets the industry standard now! It is really nothing very special (my view).

The central console of the E-Pack looks a little too confused. The ICE and ACC dont blend in well with each other and it looks like one biiig piece of equipment. The drivers console is nothing to write home about. It is functional.

The are NO arm rests. Anywhere. I distinctly remember reading that the E and E Pack comes with arm rests. Anyway...that was a bit of a let down.

Boot space looks adequate and well designed. Nice and boxy!

The rear windscreen is miniscule. I am not very used to using ORVMs and this can be an issue for similar drivers.

Looks wise - first look is love. Second look se thoda critical analysis shuru! Third look se thoda doubts bhi shuru. But I think this is a very personal choice. And my take is - it looked much better in the pictures.

Specifically - the side view. The headlights kinda stick out in a bulge.

All in all...a very good effort by Fiat. Hope this does not remain an enthusiast's car!

Cheers!
Sandeep.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:00   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
While its your perogative the variant you want to go for, speaking for myself I think the top end emotion pack is great VFM considering what you get as extra above the normal emotion variant for 55 k's
1) Wider Tyres (5k's?)
4) ABS + EBD (25k's)
6) Blue and Me (10k's)

The above things will cost around 90k's approx. Even if they cost 55k's which I am 100% sure they would, it still is great VFM.

the wise man has spoken and spoken well
Couldn't agree with you more extreme_torque. thank you.

@nkapoor - even if you want it later a few items like ABS + EBD, Airbags, cannot be be got outside of the factory. So make your choice.

Last edited by gods-envy : 18th June 2009 at 19:03.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:16   #776
Senior - BHPian

review coming soon...
Old 18th June 2009, 19:19   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
1) Wider Tyres (5k's?)
4) ABS + EBD (25k's)
6) Blue and Me (10k's)

I think ABS+EBD is there in Emotion, so its 65K worth extra for around 60K OTR diff. But I agree that E+ is definitely more VFM vis-a-vis E
Old 18th June 2009, 19:23   #778
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I guess Fiat never invited team-bhp for the launch hence no review. Either that or GTO is too blown away by the car that he is not able to express his experience in words.
Do you think . Currently out on a 600 km test-drive covering all kinds of terrain (expressway, city, ghats) and road conditions. Unfortunately, the press drives were organised after the launch.

Will have a detailed review uploaded by the weekend.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:27   #779
Senior - BHPian

GTO ... Whoa

600 km TD!! Thats fantastic!!!

Waiting for your review eagerly!
Old 18th June 2009, 19:28   #780
Senior - BHPian

GTO, good to know that you / T-BHP were invited by Fiat for the extensive test drive!

Am eagerly awaiting your detailed review!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks