Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 13:44   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
is it me or others have faced the same problem of not able to "skip" the add on Fiat Punto and get into the website?

Clear your Browser cache.

If your are behind a web proxy or ISA this can happen due to caching.

Cheers!
Old 19th June 2009, 13:47   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post

Anyway, one can be owner of multiple brands and hence "cross thread pollination" can't be accused, right? each brand has its own characteristics and personally, I don't see them overlapping. Moreover, I'm here to learn more about the GP and not for confrontations.

Dad has in his list:

Jazz - went out of the window due to its price
Fabia - already one at home
GP - waiting for the TD of 1.4 Petrol and other detailed independent reviews
VW Polo - Might wait till the launch of Polo if GP goes out of contention

Agreed, this was meant in the nicest sense possible, that you DO see people across threads, and not waving the banners of one "camp" as some would have us do.
Netchef's thread is one even I as a Fiat owner have contributed to.
As far as the Polo goes, if the Jazz is out of the window due to price, I think the Polo ( unless by a miracle) would be at an even higher premium than that, given that historically VWs have a 10% premium.
My Fiat is due for 'renewal" myself. The GP is here, but I am waiting to see what the Polo brings.
If all else fails, then GP it probably is. Heck, might even get a loyalty bonus!
Old 19th June 2009, 13:48   #843
ada
BHPian

If the website has so many issues, how many will the product have? Just kidding.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:12   #844
BHPian

Here are some pics of MJD Emotion. THe red one looks amazing.

They had displayed the FE of MJD an it sayd 19.2 KM/L.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620093998.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094001.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094004.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094005.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094006.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094007.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094009.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094012.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094011.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-180620094013.jpg  

Old 19th June 2009, 14:13   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
So now with all these feed backs coming in, Iam not at all ashamed to have booked Ritz. Punto is a nice car, but Ritz too has a space in motoring world.
Why should you be ashamed? After all, Ritz is not Jazz
Old 19th June 2009, 14:43   #846

Hey VinZ

You are a star. Breaking news on FE!!! and that is what we all were looking for. Good photos too.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:52   #847
Senior - BHPian

Here is AutoCar's Review:

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 19th June 2009, 15:00   #848
Senior - BHPian

Counter thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Respect your opinion mate! But here are my two cents:

Firstly ABS is there on Emotion as well. Some of the features listed are "good to have" but not "need to have". Like ACC and Blue & Me. Plus I can get my choice of alloys (Linea alloys - trying to get cheap from someone who will be upgrading) and better tyres than the stock GT3's. So all in all, I can deploy the money saved to get my choice of alloys, better tyres, ICE, etc etc. So all in all, as per my calculations, I could get alloys and better tyres and still save about 40k as compared to the E-pack in Delhi OTR prices. Yes I am a little sad to miss out on the airbags, but then you can't get it all. Oh and this 40k + a little bit more goes to ICE, sunfilms, seat covers, etc.
Hi,

Respect your opinion as well, but this doesn't make sense either. Here's why:

All in all, you're spending all the money you claim to save by buying Emotion, in installing ICE, changing alloys and tyres, sun film, et al. In my opinion, it doesn't seem to be a wise decision, whichever way one looks at it..

And I'm not certain if ABS + EDB is available on Emotion, but if isn't, aren't you missing almost ALL important safety features? Wonder how preference can be given over seat covers instead of ABS/EDB & Airbags.

And what does "you can't get it all" mean? Of course, one can get it all, and more; it only matters how much priority the individual puts on safety, before all else [read as family].
Old 19th June 2009, 15:07   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryN View Post
Hey VinZ

You are a star. Breaking news on FE!!! and that is what we all were looking for. Good photos too.
Thanks, but how I wish FIAT had placed FE Consumer information for 1.4 FIRE too.

I am so eagerly waiting for GTO to come bak with his report.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:10   #850
BHPian

Hey guys, had to get some minor repairs done at Concorde, Dairy circle, Bangalore and ended up with TD of the Punto

I was complete in awe the moment I saw this beauty! It was the red Punto, low slung with drop dead gorgeous looks! Spent quite sometime admiring the car inside the showroom and if Linea had the catch phrase, "Admiration guaranteed" - Punto should be "Admiration definitely guaranteed"!

A little bit of wait was all that was needed, before I got behind the wheels of a red GP MJD emotion pk. Listed below my impressions:

good bits of the car and drive:
- neat layout of the dash.
- great seating comfort for both driver and co-passerger
- steering wheel felt well weighted and the gear knob in perfect position as per my liking
- seat fabrics felt good
- engine during idle sounded well tuned with hardly any noise in the cabin, almost as good as the Vista. surely scores well above the Swift in this case.
- clutch and gearbox was smooth, but the clutch throw was rather long it might take a bit of getting adjusted to

i had to drive in heavy traffic, but in the few bits of open stretches i found, tried to get a feel of the performance.
- power delivery was linear. i did manage to floor the accelerator in one of the open stretches, but somehow i completely miss the surge of torque that hits one like in the swift. Will be interested in knowing what others feel on this
- the car felt solidly built and from the short drive that i went out, felt that this well laid out chassis and can handle a bigger engine as well
- the suspension soaked up pot holes (which i went into purposely) with a soft thud
- overall felt a complete sense of satisfaction from the drive perspective!

now the not so good parts:
- the insides feel rather gloomy with the black and grey combination! the all black didnt feel any better
- like many have already mentioned, i too felt the rear legroom as well as head room are cramped
- the emotion pk did not have any armrests
- seat adjustment levers seemed as though they might break down soon!
- the speakers felt just about ok

the sales fellow claimed that FE for the diesel will be in the range of 16-18 in the city.
Need to also keep in mind that the emotion pk OTR price is about 7.27l, which seemed a bit on the higher side. Only the Active variant is under 6l (OTR price)
Old 19th June 2009, 15:11   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Thanks, but how I wish FIAT had placed FE Consumer information for 1.4 FIRE too.

I am so eagerly waiting for GTO to come bak with his report.
Autocar has published a figure of 10.2 kpl under city driving conditions. For Highway its 14 kpl for the 1.4

I would trust Autocar more than Zigwheels. Further this engine in Linea gives 11-12 kpl in city and 16-17 kpl on highway, so you can expect a little better figure considering that Punto is a lighter car.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:16   #852
Senior - BHPian

0-100 figures of 17.84 sec.

20-80 3rd -> 12.57 sec.
40-100 4th -> 15.22 sec.

Source: AutoCarIndia review site which Finney has just posted.

These does not sound like good performance numbers. Looks like Punto badly misses VGT.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:18   #853
BHPian

Red Punto with 15" 195/60 looks insanely good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
guys, here are some pics taken during the TD

Old 19th June 2009, 15:21   #854
BANNED

Here is another TD Report NewDelhi - Himachal
Fiat Grande Punto Test Drive | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog
Old 19th June 2009, 15:24   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Autocar has published a figure of 10.2 kpl under city driving conditions. For Highway its 14 kpl for the 1.4

I would trust Autocar more than Zigwheels. Further this engine in Linea gives 11-12 kpl in city and 16-17 kpl on highway, so you can expect a little better figure considering that Punto is a lighter car.
I would trust ACI anyday over Zigwheels too. but for the same reason that linea gives 11-12 in city condition is confusing me. Because in this case punto should be giving 13-14 considering the fact that it is 200kg lesser kerb weight. But then again if it is tuned for performace and not for FE then we can expect 10 - 11 in city.

I still want to wait for GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed