Team-BHP - FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60271-fiat-grande-punto-specs-punt-o-ing-around-town-6.html)

The GP appears more 'low slung' whereas Palio is more upright. Perhaps the reason for Palio being more roomy than its numbers suggest.

Punto numbers from here:
Fiat Grande Punto 3dr hatchback 1.4T Abarth Technical Specifications | Car Tuning Central

Palio numbers from here:
2009 Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SL - DriveInside.com

Disclaimer: All unofficial, so take them as indicative and not absolute. I searched the net and found this website (New FIAT PUNTO DYNAMIC - Small Passenger Cars - CarPoint Australia) with slightly different numbers. But still Punto seems to have more space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by schitre05 (Post 1345191)
great to see some really important numbers
my concern was the rear knee room and i m happy to see that its better than the palio (i was infact happy with the palio itself but this is even better).
can you also please put down the source from where you got this info
cheers!:)

Well I finally did manage a peek at the GP. It looks good only in pictures, in flesh (or is that metal), it is simply awesome. The one I saw was the Exotic Red MJD Emotion pack. Sadly, could not get inside to feel the interior trim. But from outside it looks well finished. I am waiting for the Electric Blue color to see how it looks, other wise Hip-hop Black it is for me. I am completely sold on this beauty!

PS: Thanks to ghost rider for the tip. It was great talking with you. Here's hoping you got the delivery of your Linea today. Enjoy her!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 1345597)
Well I finally did manage a peek at the GP. It looks good only in pictures, in flesh (or is that metal), it is simply awesome. The one I saw was the Exotic Red MJD Emotion pack. Sadly, could not get inside to feel the interior trim. But from outside it looks well finished. I am waiting for the Electric Blue color to see how it looks, other wise Hip-hop Black it is for me. I am completely sold on this beauty!

PS: Thanks to ghost rider for the tip. It was great talking with you. Here's hoping you got the delivery of your Linea today. Enjoy her!

which dealer? I am getting impatient and if you can help me out, I will go and see the car tomorrow.
If you cannot disclose the name of the dealer here, kindly PM me.

Quote:

The one I saw was the Exotic Red MJD

Pl PM me too about the dealer, if you cannot disclose here.

Got a mail from tata and had this in it

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-landing.jpg
So any guesses what is the tagline?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1345033)
Fiat Bravo will never be launched in India due to high cost of import, confirmed by Fiat CEO.

TATA & FIAT have signed a deal that they won't be launching cars in the same segment.
Moreover the Bravo won't be launched for the same reason.
Source : Saturday June 13,2009 Hindustan Times (HT Business)

although i dont get it . Is Tata planning to launch a car in the Bravo's segment stupid:

@ sidindica & breezydrive: PM sent. Best of luck!

Quote:

Well I finally did manage a peek at the GP.

Hey Nkapoor777, great meeting up with you.But now look what you've started ! Everyone wants that first peek ! Can't really blame them,though ! She does look awesome! Your call :D !

Oh Yeah, and I did manage to take delivery of my Linea today:). Starting a new thread soon, with pics even ! Thanks !!!!

cheers

Talked to the Tata/ Fiat dealer yesterday. The person was in charge of Fiat and he informed me that the 1.4 top end Emotion would be priced around 5.50 (ex-showroom) and the 1.3 diesel around 6 (ex-showroom). Still keeping fingers crossed on the pricing aspect :)

If Fiat manage to price the top end variant at 5.5 lakhs then thats curtains for the Jazz.
But knowing the indian consumer psyche will peace of mind prevail with a Honda product,or VFM with the GP?Let the battle begin.

Great Info Sid.GP looks very attractive and am sure will be a hit like the Linea.

Reader Rides- Lopes Donald's Fiat Grande Punto | Indian Autos blog

While googling for Grande Punto I found this interesting link above, it gives a fair good idea about Punto, also has some good pics.

No idea if this link is already posted in Punto Threads.

Selling 1500 cars a month does not make the car a hot seller;maybe in Fiat's case, sales up by 10,000% compared to same time last year. All in all, FIAT sold only 4,500 cars last year. Yeah, they must be happy!

Wow! I have been waiting for YEARS for the grande punto -- This would look great in white paint, black 16" Rims , Smoked Headplamps and Abarth Sitckers!

*DROOL*DROOL*

And one of the best bits I love about this car is it's boot:

clap: clap: