Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 15:31   #916
Senior - BHPian

Beauty of a car Amit!

My cousin just came back from a dealer. He said although a T.D wasn't available at the moment, he got a good look at the car.
His main grouse is with the lack of rear seat comfort. He is 6'1" and was saying for him to completely comfortable in the front seat, the rear passenger would have to donate his legs.
He also said that the interiors weren't great. (Can someone please comment on them, as I am under the impression they are definitely better than the Ritz etc.?)
Old 20th June 2009, 16:01   #917
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Arey hold your horses. See my 500 below:
That looks like a toy car.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:11   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That looks like a toy car.
And what a beautiful toy it is.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:28   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
I'm thinking of trading off my S10 with a GP MJD or 1.4. Though the performance of GP shall not be in the league of the S10, but shall have more features, better comfort & fuel economy & definitely better brakes.

Can you guys gimme some tips on this? My S10 has clocked 100,000 kms.
Well, as a fellow owner of a S10, my first reaction is .

BUT, there for sure comes a time to move on and honestly I am not sure if Punto is the car that should make you move on from S10 (assuming you bought the S10 as a FTD car and LOVE driving).

No doubt the punto offers FAR FAR more features & comfort over S10 and FOR SURE zillion times better braking, better FE, service etc etc BUT does it give that SMILE you get after driving the S10?

I don't have an answer for that right now. I have driven the 1.4 and it does feel peppy BUT not the same league as 1.6 engine. On the other hand the 'in-gear' acceleration of the 1.3MJD is FAR FAR better than the 1.4 Petrol. Even if you put in ALL the boxes from Peter, Anthony & Robert into it, will it make it a FTD car? I don't know..

All the best in your quest.
Old 20th June 2009, 16:42   #920
BHPian

Thanks Sultan....anyway, the only other car that literally puts a SMILE on my face apart from the S10 is the Optra Magnum (it has devastating power man).

But, tell me, if not the Punto, what other option do we have as a hatchback upgradation from S10? Moreover, the FEEL of a Fiat is unmatched by any other hatch in India. The fact still remains that Palio is the last of the hatches with such a big engine.

I'll take a call after driving the GP.
Old 20th June 2009, 17:23   #921
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fiat Grande Punto test report uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed