Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 10:10   #91
BANNED

Silver Punto Picture Courtesy:Edmund

white 2010 GP Picuture Courtesy : Autoevolution

Fiat's popular Grande Punto is expected to receive its first facelift this year but, as you can see for yourselves in these spyshots, the upcoming model will look mostly the same as the current model. In fact, those black covers hiding the new parts suggest a lot, hinting that the front bumper and the grille are the only things to be different from the first Grande Punto.

There's not much to say about the upcoming model because it will be 90 percent the same with the current version, bringing absolutely no modification at the rear. Interiors will be slightly upgraded, while engines will remains unchanged.

Currently offered in 3- and 5-door configurations, Fiat Grande Punto relies on a wide array of engines, starting with the 1.2-liter unit developing 65 horsepower and ending with the 1.9 Multijet diesel option bringing up to 129 horsepower. Overall, there are 8 engines included in the range, four petrol and four diesels.

Prices for the revised series are expected to be exactly the same until 2012 when the Italian automaker plans to launch an all-new generation Grande Punto.

Although it's still unofficial, the facelifted Grande Punto is likely to make its debut this September at the Frankfurt Auto Show. The first version of the car was unveiled at the 2005 edition of the same show, with sales starting later that year. The model was built on the Fiat/GM SCCS platform and was styled by Giorgetto Giugiaro.

Grande Punto is also sold in a number of non-European markets, including Mexico, Chile, Dominican republic, South America, South Africa and India.

Source:Autoevolution
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-2010gp.jpg  

Old 14th June 2009, 10:52   #92
BANNED

Grande Punto

I heard from my Friend in Fiat that the catch phrase for the Punto will either be "Be Bold!" or "R U Game?".

The ad does show the specs of the Punto like Blue and Me and the sumptuous space inside with a classy finish unlike the previous Linea ad.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:02   #93
BHPian

The silver punto in the pic looks gorgeous! I just hope that FIAT price it right.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:07   #94
BHPian

That white abarth is lovely.
Its been my desktop wallpaper for the last one month.
Cant wait to see the car on road.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:41   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
I really doubt the gp would be short on space. Compared to the palio, the wheelbase is much longer, while the boot space is identical. That additional wheelbase would surely have gone into the passeger compartment. And the Palio itself is more spacious than the swift. Plus the gp is much wider.
Also today's Hindustan Times carries a piece on Tata-FIAT strategy and says that gp would be priced above the vista but lower than the Fabia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
check these numbers:

Front Leg room, Punto=1075, Palio=830
Front headroom, Punto=990, Palio=960
Rear knee room, Punto=710, Palio=630
Rear head room, Punto=695, Palio=840

Still searching for the widths. But going by the numbers, Punto is definitely bigger than Palio.

Does anyone has similar numbers available for swift and i20? also,
I think the engine compartment of the european cars are larger than the japanese/ korean counterpart. is it because of safety issue?

-SS-
Old 14th June 2009, 12:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

The alloys on Indian puntos so far do not look good, is it possible to put Linea alloys on Punto?
Old 14th June 2009, 13:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
I heard from my Friend in Fiat that the catch phrase for the Punto will either be "Be Bold!" or "R U Game?".

The ad does show the specs of the Punto like Blue and Me and the sumptuous space inside with a classy finish unlike the previous Linea ad.
its already out and the Tag is BE BOLD, R U GAME 4 IT, this is indian official fiat GP site
Fiat Punto

Last edited by vijaythacker : 14th June 2009 at 13:10.
Old 14th June 2009, 13:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_sasmal View Post
I think the engine compartment of the european cars are larger than the japanese/ korean counterpart. is it because of safety issue?

-SS-
While safety may improve to some extent, the aesthetic feel of a car whose nose is longer has more to do i feel. The longer nose ( Engine compartment) helps create a better proportionate car than the smaller nosed cars
Old 14th June 2009, 16:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

I also managed to have a sneek peek at the punto emotion pack exotic red, the car looks sensational in flesh.
Dashboard is a carbon copy of linea, only difference is that top end is dark grey and lower end is light grey.
Centre console is like linea only, silver painted with blaupunkt stereo and blue and me with steering mounted controls.
Overall package looks very promising.

BTW, a new colour "medium grey" is out on linea.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-dsc00444.jpg  

Old 14th June 2009, 16:49   #100
Senior - BHPian

The L and A from the Linea name on the boot have already fallen off! Turkish glue again?
Old 14th June 2009, 16:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

@ Sid

That color looks good but the showroom have broken the L and A of that LINEA Its a pity that Fiat didnt introduce all colors at starting and now bringing all good colors. I will kill Fiat if they bring in that Blue shade soon, it looks damn good.

So Punto seems sensational as now confirmed by 2 members, if you saw the interior quality can you comment how are the plastics.
Old 14th June 2009, 16:54   #102
BHPian

Prices??

Is it just me who is losing his sleep over the prices? The anticipation is killing me :(

Anyways, my initial plans to ugrade the ice with an amp & rear speakers went down the drain since I found that the dumb Blaupunkt units do not have outputs. C'mon, even the Alpine HU's offered with Safari has a 2 ch o/p
Old 14th June 2009, 16:56   #103
BHPian

I guess the Punto will have this colour too! Wednesday can't come soon enough!
Old 14th June 2009, 17:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Check out the one millionth Punto photograph. There is a white Punto's rear visible too. Both these alloy's are what Fiat should offer at least an option here.

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-milionesimafiatgrandepunto_01.jpg
Old 14th June 2009, 18:11   #105
BHPian

Got some inside news about pricing. The final pricing has not yet been decided at Fiat. But the current estimates say it will be Rs.5.50 L for the E+ (diesel) ex-showroom, Delhi.

Last edited by Minardi : 14th June 2009 at 18:12. Reason: added diesel
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks