Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 19:18   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
had a peek at the much awaited punto at showroom in pune. the car looks absolutely stunning... better than any car currently on the indian roads. the features seem great. hope they price it well.
Which showroom you visited in Pune? I had called up Pandit and BU Bhandari and both said they will be getting GPs only after 17th.

Its bit surprising that dealers across India have started getting GPs and dealers in Pune which are close to its manifacturing base arent.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:34   #152
BHPian

This will be one hell of a release. Because car enthusiasts been waiting for this one for such a long time including me. And now finally it is here, i think a 2 more days waiting is worth. FIAT is really holding our breath though.

But i say want these 2 more days to go faster. I mostly will be booking the Emotion+ by this month end. I am still confused wheather to go for diesel or petrol.

Or is it safer to wait for sometime and see the response and do it or book right now?
Old 15th June 2009, 19:57   #153
BHPian

Today I had been to Concorde Motors showroom near Dairy Circle. They have the high end Emotion + version formula red colour petrol car with the test drive sticker on it. The car looks absolutely great. But the only think that i did not like is that they have reduced the width of the rear sear. Boot looks to be bigger than Palio, but in palio the width of the rear seat was more compared to Punto. The guy told me that they have got only 4 cars as of now and is expecting more this week. I wanted to see the blue colour but unfortunately they do not have it yet. The quality of plastics look better than the initial linea car that i had seen. I also managed to take a photo of the dashboard. The quality of the photo is not all that good. Like others have already mentioned it is similar to the top end Linea dashboard. I am planning to book the top end diesel model but still confused about the colour. Wanted to see how the car looks in blue before going ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-15062009104.jpg  

Last edited by sridharp77 : 15th June 2009 at 20:08. Reason: typo
Old 15th June 2009, 20:04   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Today I had been to Concorde Motors showroom near Dairy Circle. I have booked the top end diesel model but still confused about the colour. .
Hmm. Did they start accepting bookings ?. As per the last phone call that I had with them, it's supposed to start on 17th
Old 15th June 2009, 20:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the photo sridharp77

The central console of emotion+ looks definitely better that what we had seen so far in earlier photos.
I am planning to book some time next month, most likely it's going to be 1.4L P emotion+ in electric blue
Old 15th June 2009, 20:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

gorgeous... the wait is killing... even I am contemplating the top end diesel emotion pack!
Old 15th June 2009, 20:31   #157
Senior - BHPian

Same here! Somebody give me money please!
Old 15th June 2009, 21:29   #158
ada
BHPian

Good to see fiat so professional. Colour panel ready and all, even before the launch. Could not say the same about Maruti, dealers had no colour panel even a week after the launch of Ritz. Now sometimes I wonder if I have made a correct decision in selecting Ritz and not Punto.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:44   #159
BHPian

i was planning to buy the diesel emotion. E+ is beyond my budget. now considering whether i shd sacrifice diesel and go for petrol so that petrol E+ comes within the budget. my preferred colors are red/blue. fortunately for me, i have time till Oct. as till then i have my bro's NHC CVT to use.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:00   #160
BHPian

Well, I am not liking black colored speedo console at all. Hope things look better in flesh/metal. Frankly, interiors are not looking at all attractive as of now in pics! :(

BTW, I had a quick look at GP from outside as I met Piyush near B U Bhandari today. GP blue looks nice from outside, but Linea looks much better. It was E+ edition, and black+grey-silver seat covers looked great though. A guy fro teh showroom said that E+ diesel will be around 5.5 on-road, but I don't believe him; it has to be above 6L. 6.5L OTR Pune will be most likely.

If OTR pricing s indeed below 6L in Pune, I think it will really sell like hot cakes.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:40   #161
BHPian

Which showroom you visited in Pune? I had called up Pandit and BU Bhandari and both said they will be getting GPs only after 17th.

We managed to see it at B U Bhandari @ Pashan. We were passing on the road and we saw this beauty parked in the basement of the showroom. The showroom guys explained they had got it just for some time. It was really nice of them though to show us the car from inside as well. They all seemed as excited as we were.

We are surely going for Punto. Mostly E+. A little cofused though about petrol / deisel. I am planning to book it from Pune itself.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:55   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

Its bit surprising that dealers across India have started getting GPs and dealers in Pune which are close to its manifacturing base arent.
We managed to see it at B U Bhandari @ Pashan. We were passing on the road and we saw this beauty parked in the basement of the showroom. The showroom guys explained they had got it just for some time. It was really nice of them though to show us the car from inside as well. They all seemed as excited as we were.

We are surely going for Punto. Mostly E+. A little cofused though about petrol / deisel. I am planning to book it from Pune itself.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:57   #163
BHPian

I was able to see the Punto at Fortune - Nerul. Its a red coloured one E+ Diesel. Interiors are good, but lengthwise looks very different. Does a few inches of trimming makes a car look different?

Last edited by kiren : 15th June 2009 at 22:58.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:30   #164
BHPian

What's with ACI? Absolutely no coverage on the GP. It obviously shows they've been bought out by Honda to give maximum coverage to Jazz..

so now we have hondacarindia.com, and autohondacarindia.com? lol

I plan to take my Swift to the GP TD - will make a side-by-side comparo...
Old 15th June 2009, 23:44   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Today I had been to Concorde Motors showroom near Dairy Circle. They have the high end Emotion + version formula red colour petrol car with the test drive sticker on it. The car looks absolutely great. But the only think that i did not like is that they have reduced the width of the rear sear. Boot looks to be bigger than Palio, but in palio the width of the rear seat was more compared to Punto. The guy told me that they have got only 4 cars as of now and is expecting more this week. I wanted to see the blue colour but unfortunately they do not have it yet. The quality of plastics look better than the initial linea car that i had seen. I also managed to take a photo of the dashboard. The quality of the photo is not all that good. Like others have already mentioned it is similar to the top end Linea dashboard. I am planning to book the top end diesel model but still confused about the colour. Wanted to see how the car looks in blue before going ahead.

Thanks for the photo sridhar. i will be going to concorde mostly tomorrow morning. It is 1.4 motion+ in my mind. i wish the steering was similar to i20, i just loved that

Last edited by ~~VinZ~~ : 15th June 2009 at 23:51. Reason: small content edit
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks