Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 12:37   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi guys,

WORST PART - Pathetic rear leg room and head room. I am 6'1" and with me sitting in front there no space behind. Why Fiat why??? Forget Palio/Getz I felt even Swift is better than this. This is going to turn off people who wan't a spacious family car.

Pricing was some thing which no one talked about. But hinted at 6.3-6.4 lacs on road for diesel emotion pack and around 5.5 lacs for petrol emotion pack.

All the best to you Fiat.
Had sensed that. Had seen the car at the Pune plant in 2007 for testing. All logos covered. I felt that the rear leg room was cramped for a premium compact. I thought they would do some modifications for the Indian market.
However, we should'nt lose hope, if Swift with a claustrophobic rear seat and engine borrowed from fiat can do good. Then God willing Punto will do better.
Im keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:03   #197
BHPian

Hi
Anyone in South Delhi area wanting to look at the Punto in all its colors(except white) and variants can do so at Rama Motors, Okhla . I went to check on my Linea and the place is crawling with Puntos. Did manage to click some pics! Will upload in 15 mins.

cheers

Quote:
Yes Indica has a more legroom as compared to Linea and much more compared to the Punto. I think the seats are a bit thinner and have lesser under thigh support. Further due to the taller C pillar and larger glass Indica Vista appears roomier
I felt a lot of space was lost due to the big dashboard and high mounted seats. Just sat in one 15 mins ago, but sadly no TD ! sigh !

Punto Pics as Promised .
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-punto1.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-punto2.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-punto3.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-punto4.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-punto5.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th June 2009 at 14:02. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th June 2009, 13:56   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WORST PART - Pathetic rear leg room and head room. I am 6'1" and with me sitting in front there no space behind. Why Fiat why??? Forget Palio/Getz I felt even Swift is better than this. This is going to turn off people who wan't a spacious family car.
I have my doubts...
Car Reviews: Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet 120 Sporting 3dr - The AA
Fiat Grande Punto Review | Used Car Expert
Grande Punto 1.4 T-jet vs Swift 1.6 Sport | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

All the above three cant be lying?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:06   #199
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Now, thats a looker. Red one is gonna sell like hot cakes!
Old 16th June 2009, 14:06   #200

Black looks stunning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Hi
Anyone in South Delhi area wanting to look at the Punto in all its colors(except white) and variants can do so at Rama Motors, Okhla . I went to check on my Linea and the place is crawling with Puntos. Did manage to click some pics! Will upload in 15 mins.

cheers

I felt a lot of space was lost due to the big dashboard and high mounted seats. Just sat in one 15 mins ago, but sadly no TD ! sigh !

Punto Pics as Promised .
Old 16th June 2009, 14:12   #201
BHPian

red looks stunning man!
all the best to fiat
Old 16th June 2009, 14:12   #202
BHPian

which is the best colour guys? i like black, red and white. RED will be sold like hot cakes. no forget that hot samosas - lolz i am hungry now crap.

i dont like the alloys. i will take anything but those. really wierd shape hope they have other styled alloys as accesories

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th June 2009 at 14:49. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th June 2009, 14:17   #203
BHPian

WOW..!! the RED & BLUE are stunning, just cant imagine that how classy it would look in White.

Does anybody have a pic of White color of the Indian Version, will it be the same as Linea's Vocal White or some other shade of white ?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:18   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus View Post
Black looks stunning!!!
Absolutely agree! looks stunning, maybe even cos of the angle the pic is taken from. my choice would be hip-hop black or the electric blue.

another day to go for the launch - only hoping that Fiat dont disappoint with the pricing!
Old 16th June 2009, 14:22   #205
BHPian

I really like the dark metallic grey! Quite stunning actually ! It'll look awesome in white too, I'm sure.

The Speedometer and Tachometer dial plates in the Punto are black with white nos. as opposed to the lineas's white dials. Didn't particularly like that ; I'm used to the white dials in my GTX.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th June 2009 at 14:40. Reason: back to back posts, thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 14:25   #206
BHPian

Sure does look mouth-watering-ly good, especially the black. But poor legspace in the rear, that's a shocker really. I was expecting that it would at least be as roomy as my trusty Palio, which is room enough for most people. Too bad.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:25   #207
BHPian

I loved the dark grey one. Blue looks cool as well. Though I prefer Linea's flamenco red more than this red. Can't really wait for tomorrow.

BTW, it's interesting that cars in Delhi are bearing Pune's MH-12 number plates!

Last edited by manish7 : 16th June 2009 at 14:26.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:27   #208
ashwinpak

My god! The yellow one in this link (Grande Punto 1.4 T-jet vs Swift 1.6 Sport | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express) is beautiful. Why don't we get it here?

Old 16th June 2009, 14:27   #209
BHPian

sour grapes?

Well its pretty simple, a colleague of mine was thinking about buying the Linea, when he found out that it didn't fit into his budget he bought a dzire instead. while earlier he raved about the Linea endlessly he now tells anyone who cares to listen that the dzires rear legroom is better than the Linea!

A case of extreme sour grapes! Just because you have switched to a different product you justify your purchase by dissing on the competitor!
Old 16th June 2009, 14:28   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
WOW..!! the RED & BLUE are stunning, just cant imagine that how classy it would look in White.

Does anybody have a pic of White color of the Indian Version, will it be the same as Linea's Vocal White or some other shade of white ?
Yeah..me too waiting to see it in white.
I almost decided on SPARK LT white, and ready to spend some more if FIAT price it properly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks