Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 14:38   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Punto is a slow mover, Well this is what Zigwheels says:

"As far as the 1.3 Multijet equipped car is concerned, the late and mild turbo kick-in couples with the spongy gear box meant that it managed a 0- 100km/h sprint in all of 17.57 seconds - that's not only way slower than the Swift, but also a good three seconds slower than the petrol Grande Punto."

Zigwheels ? Biased opinions. waiting for real review from someone trustworthy
Old 17th June 2009, 14:38   #467
Senior - BHPian

Fiat launches ‘Grande Punto’ for Rs 3.99-6.11 lakh (on indian express)

New Delhi:

Italian car major Fiat launched its much-awaited premium small car Grande Punto in both petrol and diesel variants in the Indian market, priced between Rs 3.99 lakh and Rs 6.11 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

"The launch of Grande Punto marks a new milestone for Fiat in India as we bring the quintessentially Italian designs to Indian shores," Fiat India Automobiles Ltd (FIAL) Chief Executive Officer Rajeev Kapoor said in New Delhi.

The company believes that the small-car segment is under-tapped and customers are increasingly looking forward to international brands on Indian roads, he added.

Grande Punto, which was first launched in the European market in 2005, would be rolled out from the company's plant at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra in four variants each in both petrol (1.2 litre an 1.4 litre) and diesel modes (1.3 litre).

The petrol variants would cost Rs 3.99-5.61 lakh, while the diesel cars would be offered at Rs 4.85-6.11 lakh.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:39   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Drive by Concorde motors chennai, No visible signs of them getting ready for a launch:( Really have'nt been able get this off my mind !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
NO AD in Chennai HINDU/TOI. But I saw a big add for the honda jazz.

Did Fiat postponed the launch again???
Don't sweat! If i' not mistaken the Chennai launch is scheduled for the 19th. There seems to be a wave of secrecy doing the rounds with regards to the Chennai dealers, the probable exception being VST Motors. Quite a few Puntos were received by the dealers last week itself but TAFE Access & Concorde just refused to allow me/us to see them. Can understand if it is in their stockyard BUT today they are at the delaerships and still cant see them . Tafe Access says its at the back of their showroom and Concorde well the less said the better. The dealers seem to be riding on a wave of secrecy, they say that they are acting as per FIAT's orders! Take a go at VST Motors as they are more approachale, well atleast in these circumstances. Im heading for VST NOW!

regards
Smooth Sailing
Old 17th June 2009, 14:41   #469
BHPian

Checked up with the Trivandrum dealer, they're launching Punto at 4 pm. Planning to go for the test drive today itself Only the diesel is available for the TD waiting period? - 25 days (as per dealer)

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 17th June 2009 at 14:49.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:46   #470
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT but if you see the "initial testdrive and ownership" reports on TBHP, the top 5 are Linea! The Jazz testdrive is somewhere in the middle of the page. Hope that GP does the same!
Old 17th June 2009, 14:46   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Punto is a slow mover, Well this is what Zigwheels says:

"As far as the 1.3 Multijet equipped car is concerned, the late and mild turbo kick-in couples with the spongy gear box meant that it managed a 0- 100km/h sprint in all of 17.57 seconds - that's not only way slower than the Swift, but also a good three seconds slower than the petrol Grande Punto."

Yea, zigwheels review was quite disappointing. And i really dont want to go with the zigwheels review for some reason. Let some of us take a test drive ourseleves and update here or maybe the early owners can help us know hte mileage
Old 17th June 2009, 14:48   #472
BHPian

Tech Details

Ok here are the Tech details:

Picked from Indian Auto Blog (bro does writeup and reviews for this site)

The Grande Punto comes loaded with features and will be available in three versions known as Active, Dynamic & Emotion for both the petrol and diesel variants. Additionally a fully loaded Emotion Option Pack will also be available. At the time of launch, consumers can choose from a range of 6 electrifying colors: Bossa Nova White, Hip Hop Black, Minimal Grey, Medium Grey, Exotica Red and Electric Blue. The Grande Punto will be priced as follows:
PETROL-1.2
City Grande Punto Active
DELHI Rs. 3.99 lakh

PETROL-1.4
City Grande Punto Dynamic Grande Punto Emotion Grande Punto Emotion Pack
DELHI Rs. 4.66 lakh Rs. 5.06 lakh Rs. 5.61 lakh

DIESEL-1.3
City Grande Punto Active Grande Punto Dynamic Grande Punto Emotion Grande Punto Emotion Pack
DELHI 4.85 lakh Rs. 5.16 lakh Rs. 5.56 lakh 6.11 lakh

Globally, the third generation Fiat supermini, the Grande Punto was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show and is certified with EURO NCAP 5 star ratings in Europe which will ply soon on Indian roads. Many would agree, the Grande Punto is a perfect follow up to the Linea and symbolises the Fiat brand’s journey back into reckoning in the competitive world of the Indian car industry.

Style:

* Sporty grill
* Flared wheel arches
* Muscular contours
* Sporty dual tone interiors
* Sporty wide profile 195/60 R15 15″ alloys

Comfort & convenience:

* Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirror
* Automatic Climate Control
* Blue & Me: unique technology developed jointly by Microsoft & Fiat. Unique technology to connect and sync mobile via blue tooth and voice dial / read SMS
* Customized instrument display setting with My Car
* Remote foldable key
* Intelligent rear de-fogger : switches off after 20 minutes to prevent damage to the glass
* Convenient driver facing key slot
* Intelligent Ignition: prevents turning the key when the engine is running

Safety:

* ABS with EBD
* Dual stage front driver & passenger airbags : unique system deploys the air-bags depending on the severity of the impact
* Fire prevention system: cuts off fuel in case of an impact to reduce chances of fire
* Fiat Code System: Immobilizer with rolling code
* Load limiters and pre-tensioners

Engineering Technology

* Unique CAN bus system with 7 micro-chips - no conventional wiring in this car.

Engines:

* 1.2 FIRE (Petrol) engine: 68.2 ps @ 6000 rpm and 95.75 Nm @ 2500 rpm
* 1.4 FIRE (Petrol) engine: 90ps @ 6000 rpm and 115 Nm @ 4500 rpm
* 1.3 Multijet (Diesel) engine: 76 ps @ 4000 rpm and 197 Nm @ 1750 rpm
Old 17th June 2009, 14:48   #473
Senior - BHPian

Only one car on display at A-One Motors. An Emotion+ MJD.

WOW... Superb... Check the couple of snaps...

I like the Alloys. Very better than in some pics here. Tyre looks like meaty..

Over all built quality is excellent. Dash is well finished. Black-Grey combination.

Steering is small and sporty.

Back Leg room... NO Fiat, you went wrong there. Driver seat fully slide back it was like my knee intruding into the back of it(5'9").

But any way true head turner.

No brochure available/TD. The lady told launch is in the evening. So from tomorrow onwards...

Let us wait...
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-dsc00394.jpg  

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-dsc00395.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 14:49   #474
BHPian

1.4L in Linea itself feels nicely powered.
So in GP it should be a scorcher. Don't worry guys, if you are looking for the most powerful hatchback in the Indian market today ... the 1.4L punto it is!
Old 17th June 2009, 14:51   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Yea, zigwheels review was quite disappointing. And i really dont want to go with the zigwheels review for some reason. Let some of us take a test drive ourseleves and update here or maybe the early owners can help us know hte mileage
The fiat GP is a winning package. Great name, Great design, great pricing. It can outclass all other established hatches in terms of sales if only then can come good with the FE of these beauties. The 1.4 petrol has an average on 9 kmpl and i sincerely hops that this information is not correct. Am expecting a decent double digit FE from the GP's.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:52   #476
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about Pune - test drive dates?
Old 17th June 2009, 14:54   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
1.4L in Linea itself feels nicely powered.
So in GP it should be a scorcher. Don't worry guys, if you are looking for the most powerful hatchback in the Indian market today ... the 1.4L punto it is!
100bhp 1.6 sport should be ideally faster.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:56   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Any idea about Pune - test drive dates?
After 20th, friend just visited showroom and they are not even displaying Punto in showroom. It's manufactured her in Pune and we are the last ones to have a look at it - frustrating!
Old 17th June 2009, 14:59   #479
BHPian

Woooof... Its a stunner. I think the colour is Formula Red and the alloys are super cool.

Didnt you managed to click some pictures of the interiors.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:01   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Only one car on display at A-One Motors. An Emotion+ MJD.

WOW... Superb... Check the couple of snaps...

I like the Alloys. Very better than in some pics here. Tyre looks like meaty..

Over all built quality is excellent. Dash is well finished. Black-Grey combination.

Steering is small and sporty.

Back Leg room... NO Fiat, you went wrong there. Driver seat fully slide back it was like my knee intruding into the back of it(5'9").

But any way true head turner.

No brochure available/TD. The lady told launch is in the evening. So from tomorrow onwards...

Let us wait...

Nice pictures. The rear legroom is making me worried based on your input. Can 3 sit comfortably at the rear?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed