Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 12:21   #706
BHPian

I read the zigwheels review of Punto and it is not so great for enthusiasts also the FE they have mentioned for the multijet is nowhere near what swift Diesel offers.
According to Zigwheels the Performance and FE figures do not match up to what we know Swift delivers.

I hope the real story is a bit different.

Fiat-Grande-Punto-twin-test-13-Multijet-14-FIRE,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Old 18th June 2009, 12:24   #707
BHPian

Here is a link to the Punto Abarth web configurator, it's fun.

Change colors, logos, stickering, wheels and what not. The depth of the graphics is spendid.

Home

Who knows after couple of months we'll get to see some Abarths on road here
Attached Images
File Type: bmp abarth1.bmp (266.1 KB, 429 views)
File Type: bmp abarth2.bmp (263.7 KB, 327 views)
Old 18th June 2009, 12:25   #708
BHPian

Fiat Punto is no. 3 on google trends - FYI people who like fiat. At least they've managed to create the buzz online. Or maybe its just hyper tbhpians going crazy

Google Trends
Old 18th June 2009, 12:26   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
- no reverse gear lock.
-the plastics are bad
Both these issues, are remnants from the Linea.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:42   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
Both these issues, are remnants from the Linea.
They are not issues!

Reverse gear lock feature is present in few cars only, some like it, some don't!

It is too early to say about bad plastics, am not sure if we can say it is bad by just looking at it?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:43   #711
BHPian

Multijet

Hi,

By the much awaited GP Launch, what will be fate of stile- Multijet, it will be continued or will be stopped?

Question may be , but reply's expected....
Old 18th June 2009, 12:46   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

By the much awaited GP Launch, what will be fate of stile- Multijet, it will be continued or will be stopped?

Question may be , but reply's expected....
I don't think it'll get stopped. Fiat would want to exploit this opportunity to sell its slow selling cars. I think it'll get a facelift and good interiors!
Old 18th June 2009, 12:47   #713
Senior - BHPian

My Car

Can any one confirm about My Car function in GP E+?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:56   #714
BHPian

Hey how come no TD on TBHP as yet. Where's GTO?
Old 18th June 2009, 12:59   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hey how come no TD on TBHP as yet. Where's GTO?
Td'ing it and fell in love with it. Won't be seen online for a couple of days as he's driving one back home from Delhi Gotta pick HVK, Panky, Tanveer
Old 18th June 2009, 13:02   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't agree that Linea is poorly built. Agreed. There had been complaints about niggling issues about certain parts. But then Fiat car owners are more honest and have microscopic eyes compared to other car owners. So, it is not surprising for me to see the complaints and I will not be surprised with Punto as well. Nevertheless, I would still considered Linea and probably Punto if same in Europe, one of the best builds on Indian roads.

I completely agree, being a Linea owner I can say people are trying to be too loud on the small black spot on the big white board, the issues raised will be there with any new product, I remember when Civic was launched, it too suffered many issues initially. and if somebody is saying linea is poorely built then I think the expectation lavels are in line with 50 L + segent fron 7-8 L rupee car
Old 18th June 2009, 13:05   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
They are not issues!

Reverse gear lock feature is present in few cars only, some like it, some don't!

It is too early to say about bad plastics, am not sure if we can say it is bad by just looking at it?
Ya. I understand. I didnt know what to call them both in one word
Actually I just wanted say the gear lock feature and the bad plastics issue is something that is present in the Linea too.
I read a couple of posts here and the Zigwheels review in which they say interior plastic quality is better than the Linea. I somehow find it hard to believe.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:08   #718
BHPian

Guys, can you explain what "reverse gear lock" is? By the way, the GP details first posted by Sid shows the presence of "My Car" facility in Emotion Pack.

I had the TD of the 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack today morning. It was the Exotica Red and looked damn good with the 15 inch alloys. Once the proper TD Report/ review comes from the experienced members, I would post my observations about the TD I had. I'm tempted by the 1.3 MJD, even though in terms of usage, it falls into the petrol territory for us.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:14   #719
BHPian

This probably has to be one of the most eagerly awaited cars . Going by the way the number of pages in this thread is increasing by the hours, and that too without a single TD report, looks like T-BHP for sure is going crazy about this one, me inclusive. This baby is damn good looking and imagine the kind of mods one could try on this. a la abarth someone? The car that turned fiats fortune in the european market is all set to do a repeat in indian soil. Their long association with indians is finally set to payoff both for fiat and the moto enthusiasts in india. This time they seem to have got the formula right

great looking car + a good engine + pretty well priced + good media coverage + right time to launch, with linea already setting the stage with good turnaround for fiats image in india.

Now what is left to be seen is how this baby drives and how the AS* is going to cope up with the demands. This one is all set to kick some hatch butt. Watch out vista, swift. Honda , feeling the heat already ? time to rethink on the jazz pricing yet ?

fiat , can we expect a sports version soon, but not the dumb spoiler, side skirts type, we want the real deal, give us more BHP.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 18th June 2009 at 13:15.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:14   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey guys,

may sound a wierd question - but how do you pronounce 'Punto'. to be precise, let me put it in hindi - is it पुंटो or पंटो?

Way to go Punto !
पुंटो it is!
cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed