Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 16:54   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
This feedback is making me nervous. Am dying to TD this car over the weekend. Want to make sure am putting my money on the right car.
are you testing the petrol this weekend or diesel?
i haven't seen a petrol review so far - hope the 1.4L petrol engine is a rockstar - although I wouldn't keep the expectations too high, as it is lower in specs as compared to the 1.6L palio one maybe they need to introduce a 1.4 turbo petrol for the power junta
Old 18th June 2009, 16:56   #752
BHPian

Someone who has driven the Vista,Swift would be in a better position to judge on how the engine feels.Having drven the Swift D and The Vista D, I liked the vista's acceleration though not that much refined and hope Punto is on these lines.I think people are getting carried away by unreasonable expectations of the exterior looks.

Let there be realistc expectations.

Body roll may be there slightly ( guessing though becaus eof the raised GC) and hope the rear legroom is atleast equal to the Swift's with a lot of people mentioning this point.

Atleast the guys at Hyundai will think twice before overpricing the diesel i20 when it is ready ( they will keep it high but the Punto would make it less higher IMO)

Last edited by muni : 18th June 2009 at 16:57.
Old 18th June 2009, 16:58   #753
BHPian

They can't use beige, as its already there in Linea.
And long clutch travel is a characteristic of Fiat cars IMO.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:04   #754
BHPian

Has any one from Madras test driven this car? I called up Tafe access and they said that the launch is not until tomorrow.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:07   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
And long clutch travel is a characteristic of Fiat cars IMO.
Yes. It is. Also, add huge turning radius to the list of characteristics .

Palio has a very long clutch travel. The clutch is heavy too. The Linea I drove (MJD) had a long clutch travel, but the clutch was light and smoother as compared to Palio. No idea about Punto.

From the reviews we have been getting so far, it looks like the Punto has the same driving characteristics as the Linea.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:10   #756
BHPian

Okies folks. I am officially the first Bangalorean to book the GP

Expecting my medium grey suave italian sometime next week.

Regarding the much debated space issue, here's my take(and its completely my personal feeling, so no offence meant to any).

-If I want a car to drive around and enjoy it, I dont need acres of space inside.I want to concentrate more on the outside rather than whats inside.When I need space, i'll trade my car for a MPV or my RE(the world's ur space there). I found the space adequate.Mebbe because at 5.7 I dont qualify as tall!! After the front seat had been pushed all the way back, I had enough space to kick around while at no time did my knees touch the front seats. I cant say the same about the Swift though.
So, personally, I am more than happy with the space available.

Lets take it from here.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:10   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
are you testing the petrol this weekend or diesel?
i haven't seen a petrol review so far - hope the 1.4L petrol engine is a rockstar - although I wouldn't keep the expectations too high, as it is lower in specs as compared to the 1.6L palio one maybe they need to introduce a 1.4 turbo petrol for the power junta
Onf of my concern is FE so i will be looking at only the diesel model
Old 18th June 2009, 17:11   #758
BHPian

If we take a survey here as what is ideal car with 5+ lac cost, I feel power, safety and luxury cabin feel will be most 3 important parameters.
Going Biege is simple and least costly way to the same.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th June 2009 at 17:27. Reason: typo corrected.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:12   #759
Senior - BHPian

congrats leo which version , petrol/d did you book, how much is it on road,
and sorry you are not the first gods_envy booked it yesterday
Old 18th June 2009, 17:14   #760
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post

4. OMG! The clutch travels! I have never used a clutch that travels soooo much. I am very uncomfortable with that.

Actually, all FIAT cars have a longish play compared to other manufacturers. You will get used to it. It was a hard time for me too after I switched from Zen to Palio.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:19   #761
BHPian

hey guys,

i just visited Fortune motors (powai, mumbai) and had a dekho at GP. TD was not avialable.

i checked out the car and here's my take

- the car is smaller than it appears in pics / ads
- the car is very beautiful, or rather sexy
- enter the driver seat and you get a cramped feeling. i pushed the driver seat back fully to get proper driving position
- With driver seat fully back, i tried the back seat and whoa, there was very little space. i am 5'11 and i could feel my knees protruding in the back of driver seat. i drive a Hyundai Santro and i felt Santro to have better rear space than GP
- Couldnt TD, so no comments on the performance

OT- I TD the Linea (Petrol) and found the pick-up very slow in 1st and 2nd gear till 2K RPM . Thereafter the pick-up was smooth and fast. I complained to the exec and she said she will have the TD vehicle checked and bring back for another TD.

I shouldn't compare the Linea with the GP, but after trying GP, i found linea to be extremely spacious and comfortable.

Cheers
Ashish

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th June 2009 at 17:28. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read the Team-BHP rules.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:19   #762
BANNED

Can the Mod's add a Poll to this thread please?

For which Punto you are going for?
a)
B)
c)
etc...
Old 18th June 2009, 17:33   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats leo which version , petrol/d did you book, how much is it on road,
and sorry you are not the first gods_envy booked it yesterday
Thanks Bro. Well, I had actually booked it on 10th

I'm going for the E+ diesel.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:34   #764

Why has the Fiat team so irresponsible in not having their website up. Their advertisement in newspaper shows visit website www.fistpunto.in.

And when u visit the website, it shows some stupid game and asks to book a testdrive.
I should say this is just putting off fiat enthusiasts
Old 18th June 2009, 17:44   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
- With driver seat fully back, i tried the back seat and whoa, there was very little space. i am 5'11 and i could feel my knees protruding in the back of driver seat. i drive a Hyundai Santro and i felt Santro to have better rear space than GP
While I respect and trust ur opinion, this is taking things too far. I was present at the Punto launch in New Delhi and have looked at the car throughly. There is enough room at the back and you have to keep two things in mind
1) The seat base is broader than most cars in its segment and outside.
2) The backrest is inclined at a very comfortable angle compared to upright seating most other cars have.

I have a Palio and Punto rear seats are definitely much more comfortable and spacious.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks