Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 07:53   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What exactly hasnt changed? The showroom and service centers have been revamped... special teams especially for customer service. longest service interval in its class and chapers spares... what more do you want them to do? Come to your house for a test drive even though you havent even called? Or beg you to buy one? Lets be realistic first. And Lemme tell you my friend, there is nothing like word of mouth publicity, as the good word spreads around you will see more of them on roads.
Well, I guess that was uncalled for reaction, in my opinion. I see that you go all the way to defend one car maker and write everthing (even sarcastically) against another car maker.

If you love what you love, please go ahead and drive home one. Who knows, even if they come to my house for a test drive even though I haven't called them or even if they beg me, chances are, I may not buy one from them
Old 19th June 2009, 09:23   #812
Senior - BHPian

@pmbabu.... another car maker??? Firstly this post isnt directed to a person or a manufacturer, its generic.
Secondly what wrong in saying that we should not have unrealistic expectations.
Old 19th June 2009, 09:44   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do you think . Currently out on a 600 km test-drive covering all kinds of terrain (expressway, city, ghats) and road conditions. Unfortunately, the press drives were organised after the launch.

Will have a detailed review uploaded by the weekend.
GTO.. You just made my day. I was planning to TD the car this weekend but will wait for your TD report and then proceed to TD the car.

Thanks to the mod team efforts, team-bhp.com has become a force to reckon with.

Awaiting your report

Sateesh
Old 19th June 2009, 09:48   #814
BHPian

I've heard of wars being fought over women! Sigh! how times have changed !!!!!
But this is what being a Fiat owner is all about. In our time of need(service and spares), we(Fiat owners) felt abandoned by the FIAT India. So we formed our own world, our own communities, where we took care of our own; learned to share our newly discovered secrets about what makes our muse tick . And we survived!!!! In fact, we continued living!!!!

Fast forward to now.

FIAT is back with a bang! We can see the change; change in the attitude of service centers, change in FIAT's model lineup for India. It takes time to fix things, to turn them around. And we believe !!

Today Chrysler, tomorrow ....well, I'm no Nostradamus, but the future looks bright; time to put on my shades!!! *

* copyright Timbuk 3
Old 19th June 2009, 09:50   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
guys, here are some pics taken during the TD
Mysticeyes:
Nice pictures. Interiors immediately look more upmarket as a result, especially when compared to pics taken using cellphone cameras.
That said, what is a Fabiosi like you doing on the Fiat thread?
Last time I tried something like that (going the other way), Administrators were complaining about cross thread pollination! ;-)
Old 19th June 2009, 09:53   #816
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO: eagerly waiting for your review. T-BHP reviews put all mag reviews to shame. Total unbiased and to the point. If FIAT has provided 600 KM test drive to T-BHP, its certainly a good move on FIAT's part to get a real unbiased and true review.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:22   #817
BHPian

Fiat officials said at the time of Linea launch that GP was also ready for the Indian market. The reason they put forward for holding back its launch was that Linea needed about six months to establish itself. I am very disappointed that even after getting these six months Fiat failed to have a simultaneous all India launch of GP. The two dealers in Guwahati have no idea when the launch will take place. They only told me that two demo vehicles, one diesel and one petrol, are in transit. They have no information regarding booking and delivery.

My brother-in-law is in desperate need to change his vehicle and due to my insistence on the GP option he has waited at least 2 months. He likes the i20 and Ikon TDCi and this delay will turn him away from Fiat sure. Here I am, a very very angry Fiat owner.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:13   #818
OEM
BHPian

Indeed why not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
OEM -- Why could you have not any other car 2 1/2 years ago, esp with a good resale value like Maruti and then sold it to get your dream car? why be without a car?
Never crossed my mind to ride a poor substitute like a maruti
Old 19th June 2009, 11:14   #819
BHPian

@tortosenhare,

chill, no manufacturer does an India-wide launch.
Ex: Jazz was launched only yesterday in Hyderabad and not nationwide on 10th.

And also 1 week after ANHC launch, I called the local Honda dealer and they did not have details on prices/delivery time-frame and all. Forget TD.

This might be the case with other manufacturers too.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:15   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Mysticeyes:
Nice pictures. Interiors immediately look more upmarket as a result, especially when compared to pics taken using cellphone cameras.
That said, what is a Fabiosi like you doing on the Fiat thread?
Last time I tried something like that (going the other way), Administrators were complaining about cross thread pollination! ;-)
I think i had mentioned in the TD writeup earlier that GP is being considered as the second car for my dad, mostly for city use. Dad has given me the duty of taking the TD and reporting on the same as he doesn't want to get into the nitty-gritties

Anyway, one can be owner of multiple brands and hence "cross thread pollination" can't be accused, right? each brand has its own characteristics and personally, I don't see them overlapping. Moreover, I'm here to learn more about the GP and not for confrontations.

Dad has in his list:

Jazz - went out of the window due to its price
Fabia - already one at home
GP - waiting for the TD of 1.4 Petrol and other detailed independent reviews
VW Polo - Might wait till the launch of Polo if GP goes out of contention

The plastics used could have been of the matte finish typre rather than the glossy/ shiny type as this would've given more finish.

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 19th June 2009 at 11:20.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:26   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW Polo - Might wait till the launch of Polo if GP goes out of contention
But you already have a Fabia.

Also, if you are willing to wait till Jan 2010, then why not the i20 diesel?
Old 19th June 2009, 11:29   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Fiat officials said at the time of Linea launch that GP was also ready for the Indian market. The reason they put forward for holding back its launch was that Linea needed about six months to establish itself. I am very disappointed that even after getting these six months Fiat failed to have a simultaneous all India launch of GP. The two dealers in Guwahati have no idea when the launch will take place. They only told me that two demo vehicles, one diesel and one petrol, are in transit. They have no information regarding booking and delivery.

My brother-in-law is in desperate need to change his vehicle and due to my insistence on the GP option he has waited at least 2 months. He likes the i20 and Ikon TDCi and this delay will turn him away from Fiat sure. Here I am, a very very angry Fiat owner.
I may not have all the information here, but sometimes dealers are also at fault more than the company. If a dealer says that company didnot allot them a car before launch, he is most certainly hiding information.

Usually, company (TATA-FIAT, in this case) releases circulars to all dealers before launch about the launch dates which also includes minimum criterion for eligibility.

This would include service setup for the particular car (special tools, minimum inventory levels, etc.) and also infrastructure/promotional setup (brochure, colour codes, etc.). Only upon completion of the criteria, and availability of funds, cars are delivered to dealers.

I agree that sometimes there are goof ups from the company, but in case of Punto, TATA-FIAT have been very cautious, and considering 90% of dealers had cars before launch dates... it all points to incompetence of dealer more than FIAT.

As for a dealer not having information of booking and delivery, the sales training was held weeks back and it is a surprise that a particular dealer has completely hashed it up.

Also, Tata have always had a grand national launch followed subsequently by regional launches. This doesn't mean that dealers don't showcase vehicles before regional launch. Idea behind this is to invite all dealers and regional level executives to the main launch which is usually preceded by meetings regarding final level strategies and dealer interactions. Here you also have larger media attention. Subsequently, same people go back to their respective regions/territories and the re-launch the vehicle specifically for individual areas.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:32   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Guys have heard that the newly launched GP is not great on fuel efficiency (FE), especially the petrol version.

My doubts are amplified by the facts that FIAT has not published its FE figures, had the figures been good they would have shouted aloud like the Suzuki's.

I know I am sounding a bit harsh but looks like my fears are true. Even zig wheels have reported low FE figures for even the Diesel version.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong on my FE apprehensions.
- Go to the ACI website. The fuel efficiency figures seem more realistic there.

- A good point to compare Punto's mileage would be what the Linea is giving. Go through countless Linea ownership threads for a unbiased picture.

- Don't worry about Fiat not publishing it's fuel efficiency. They are on a learning curve. They have just learned how to publish the launch of their car!
Old 19th June 2009, 11:33   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
So now with all these feed backs coming in, Iam not at all ashamed to have booked Ritz. Punto is a nice car, but Ritz too has a space in motoring world.
Why should you be ashamed? Its your choice..
Old 19th June 2009, 11:34   #825
BHPian

Another figure, FIAT has conveniently forgotten to publish is the ground clearance, perhaps motivated by the Linea issues with GC...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed