Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 11:39   #826
Senior - BHPian

Mysticeyes, thanks for the pics esp the interiors!

I love that specially designed steering wheel, neatly laid out central console & black dial instrument cluster!
It certainly looks premium!
Old 19th June 2009, 11:41   #827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
My brother-in-law is in desperate need to change his vehicle and due to my insistence on the GP option he has waited at least 2 months. He likes the i20 and Ikon TDCi and this delay will turn him away from Fiat sure. Here I am, a very very angry Fiat owner.
They say - "Certain Things in Life Are Worth Waiting For"
Old 19th June 2009, 11:55   #828
BANNED

Quote:
My doubts are amplified by the facts that FIAT has not published its FE figures, had the figures been good they would have shouted aloud like the Suzuki's.

I know I am sounding a bit harsh but looks like my fears are true. Even zig wheels have reported low FE figures for even the Diesel version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
- Go to the ACI website. The fuel efficiency figures seem more realistic there.

- A good point to compare Punto's mileage would be what the Linea is giving. Go through countless Linea ownership threads for a unbiased picture.
I've a Petrol Linea. With 100% ACC ON always, she gives 13-14 kmpl on highways, 12 kmpl in city on Saturdays (normal traffic) & 10 kmpl in Mumbai B2B traffic (on weekdays when avg speed can not exceed 18 kmph in the route where I drive). And not to mention that FE of my car is on lower side when compared to other Linea owners here on t-bhp (obviously bcoz of the traffic conditions).
With almost 200 kg less in weight, logically Punto should give FE of around 2 kmpl more than Linea
Old 19th June 2009, 12:12   #829
BHPian

The car looks and feels too good and I would have definitely considered it, however the cost looks a bit on the higher side for a FIAT in India considering the brand image and further resale. Price is kind of putting the practility on lower side else it indeed is a great car.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What exactly hasnt changed? The showroom and service centers have been revamped... special teams especially for customer service. longest service interval in its class and chapers spares... what more do you want them to do? Come to your house for a test drive even though you havent even called? Or beg you to buy one? Lets be realistic first. And Lemme tell you my friend, there is nothing like word of mouth publicity, as the good word spreads around you will see more of them on roads.
@extreme_torque: Don't get all worked up. I just told the reality. We all love Fiat cars for their " tank like build" and "doors that shut with a solid thud".
Fingers crossed lets see what happens after one year or so
Guys please don't pounce on me I know the comment can hurt many. But lets call a spade a spade.
Fiat need to improve on the sales, service and marketing facets. A brilliant product is not the end of it.

Last edited by Silver Knight : 19th June 2009 at 12:28.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:26   #831
Senior - BHPian

Why such a big gap in the steering? Are all Punto's like this?

FIAT Grande Punto Specs: Punt(o)ing around town-ej69v6.jpg
Old 19th June 2009, 12:37   #832
OEM
BHPian

Quote:
Why such a big gap in the steering? Are all Punto's like this?

Attachment 149723
No amit!! That certainly is an odd one. The Emotion I drove yesterday did not have such a big gap. Infact, it was fixed flush with the horm area. Your dealer must have check this out before he gave you the TD.
These are exactly the sort of attention to detail that Fiat should look at.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:47   #833
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Never crossed my mind to ride a poor substitute like a maruti
C'mon OEM you are deriding 65 per cent of the car owning population. . I agree Punto is a very good car, but it seems rather a lot of changes with it as compared to the European version.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:50   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've a Petrol Linea. With 100% ACC ON always, she gives 13-14 kmpl on highways, 12 kmpl in city on Saturdays (normal traffic) & 10 kmpl in Mumbai B2B traffic (on weekdays when avg speed can not exceed 18 kmph in the route where I drive). And not to mention that FE of my car is on lower side when compared to other Linea owners here on t-bhp (obviously bcoz of the traffic conditions).
With almost 200 kg less in weight, logically Punto should give FE of around 2 kmpl more than Linea
No necessarily. It depends on how the engine has been tuned. If it's tuned for performance the FE would be lower. We have to see after guys actually start using the car
Old 19th June 2009, 13:01   #835
Senior - BHPian

is it me or others have faced the same problem of not able to "skip" the add on Fiat Punto and get into the website?

Old 19th June 2009, 13:25   #836
Senior - BHPian

I agree to Palio_2005 point of view if the engine is tuned for performance then FE will not be good. Achieving a right balance of FE & performance is a real challenge.
I am not saying is impossible but is really difficult.
Since FIAT is silent on FE, I assume that they are not confident about the FE characteristics of there vehicles. FIAT cannot afford overlook this very crucial buying parameter from a customer's point of view.
FE is very crucial when we are in an age when crude is rising its head towards $75 /hr & the Government is hinting at a potential price rise.
Low fuel efficiency will be a definite no-no vehicle for many of us who are pro green & who cares for the environment.
Hope GTO’s review will clarify my doubts.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:30   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
is it me or others have faced the same problem of not able to "skip" the add on Fiat Punto and get into the website?

Hi Parm,

Are you using IE by any chance? I too face this issue while using IE but with Mozilla FF, everything is just perfect.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:32   #838
BHPian

I went and saw a car in the flesh yesterday - i had high hopes but the panel finish and the rubber beading left much to be desired. the car feels cramped and the dashboard could have been more contemporary - have scheduled a test drive, lets see how the punto is to drive....
Old 19th June 2009, 13:33   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi Parm,

Are you using IE by any chance? I too face this issue while using IE but with Mozilla FF, everything is just perfect.
I am using Mozila FF and it doesn't work.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:38   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using Mozila FF and it doesn't work.
Try Chrome. Its working perfectly fine for me though. Seems like a cache issue?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks