Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 07:56   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
475/- for the car duster. With that you get a MF towel or mini duster or MF wash-mitt free absolutely
Thanks for the reply Mouli

I had been there yesterday and got them.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:06   #47
BHPian

Crap show ! Needs an uplift big time !

The only take away was I was able to meet the Jopasu guys who offered me a free handle for my duster that was broken recently ! And treat for the eyes were the Camaro, RaceDynamics sports car(Subaru?), Ducati & Hyabusa !

For my son, a big balloon was the take away.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Guys. I went there today, despite a lot of people advising me not too.

I had to drop my wife for some photography classes nearby, so decided to take my daughter there to kill time.

It was a real disappointment as usual. I did not expect much out of it in the first place itself, but did not expect it to be that bad.

Nothing worthwhile to talk off at all. I just managed to pick up some interesting stickers for my daughters battery car.

All the display was in one big shed, probably a fraction of the size of the shows held at Pragati Maidan. Lots of magazine stalls, forged parts, Tata stall, Chevy, Mahindra, some bikes, few ATVs thrown here and there.

And one section marked supercars. What a joke. It was just a Red Rooster Supra, A Teana, BMW X5, a merc I did not bother looking at twice and some other old 90's Nissan. Finally got to know these cars were courtesy of a used car dealer

After this, there was a another selling just food.

After this was some outdoor activities that was supposed to be very cool et al. Bunch of guys on puny bikes doing wheelies and burnouts.

All in all, onw worthless show and not meant for any real auto enthusiasts.

This is just my opinion, maybe my standards are pretty high, but lot of teambhpians who would kick me if they knew I went despite their warning

As for the organizers of the show. guys, please grow up. This is not some high school show you guys are doing. Visit some real autoshows to know what you guys need to do
Old 14th March 2010, 22:55   #49
BHPian

I really wonder when will our automobile industry wil wake up and show case stuff like International auto shows that we watch and drool on TV screen's.

Auto show organiser's please wake up, atleast this time it was not clubbed with any home interior shows
Old 14th March 2010, 23:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Been to the Autoshow since I was in the neighborhood and had time to kill. As for the show's worthiness - none! As DreamCatcher noted, these guys really need to grow up!!!

The ticket counter personnel's were handing out toffee's for change! Wah! And those were not even "International" toffee's!!!

Was there between 10.30 - 12.30 . The crowd was just starting to tickle in.

The "Top Gear SuperCar" section was a very sad joke. Not sure what the brand manager of BBC, in charge of this, was thinking of! Supra, Teana - what the!!! Went in, came out! Waste of space.

Few stalls had more people (employee's) in them than was it can hold. And they were busy chatting amongst themselves!

The Chevy stall had the Transformers Camaro, which was the center of attraction.

Got myself a Com Paint for the Safari's bumper. Need to try out some DIY touch up tomorrow. Was coordinating with their sales team over mail, and was not expecting them at this show. Bonus!

Also got Jopasu's duster, with the free glove.

Met some OEM manufacturers who were pretty unhappy with the show; seems like they were told it will be a B2B event.

Overall, even with the warnings, went in just for the Jopasu duster (and I am happy that I did!!!). And thanks to the warnings, did not get surprised at what I saw.

@DreamCatcher: Did you make it in the morning or later?
Old 15th March 2010, 00:08   #51
mkh
Senior - BHPian

jopasu seems to be making a killing here- wonder what are they doing to ensure easy availability, should be a great product going by the number of folks lapping it up just here!
Old 15th March 2010, 11:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

My cousin went to auto show and cursing left and right he is totally disappointed!

He was telling, "just because we paid 50 rupees for this horrible auto show, i sat in Safari for some time holding the steering to feel better"

Thank god, i opted out at last moment!
Old 15th March 2010, 13:22   #53
BHPian

The moment I came to know after reading here that Jopasu has a stall, went with the sheer intention to lap one up.

Got the Duster + mini Duster + Magic Wipe + Magic Glove for Rs. 725/-

Also got the com-paint with solvent for my bumper scratches for Rs. 300/- Need to try the DIY and see how far I am capable of restoring the old glory.

Picked up Waxpol Carnauba polish. Got quite a few goodies as part of this including Waxpol car wash shampoo, dash and vinly cleaner and a glass cleaner.

So I guess it was more of like a visit to my car accessories shop than an Auto Expo
Old 15th March 2010, 13:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
The moment I came to know after reading here that Jopasu has a stall, went with the sheer intention to lap one up.

Also got the com-paint with solvent for my bumper scratches for Rs. 300/- Need to try the DIY and see how far I am capable of restoring the old glory.

Picked up Waxpol Carnauba polish. Got quite a few goodies as part of this including Waxpol car wash shampoo, dash and vinly cleaner and a glass cleaner.

So I guess it was more of like a visit to my car accessories shop than an Auto Expo
Hi H_Zoom,

Reading it I could recollect, I think I saw you while on my way to Expo on Saturday(9:00 - 9:15 time frame), you were on the other side of the road just before Passport office in Koramangala, I was crossing you (same ANHC). I saw the scratches on your front bumper. They were a bit bad.

Good you got stuff you were looking for.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:08   #55
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post

If you can post pics of the bumper before and after(in case it works) , it will be HIGHLY appreciated. I too and maybe more folks really want to see a proper solution that has decent effect
Old 15th March 2010, 16:25   #56
BHPian

@Raghu,
Wow, that's some awesome spotting and recollection. Yes it was me @ Koramangala in the morning.
I had these scratches in the very first month itself. This was the my fault, as I was getting used to switching from a hatch-back to a sedan.

@MKH,
Sure will post the Before/After pics.
At least the video demo that the Com-Paint people presented seem to do a real clean job of the bumper scratches similar to mine. But however, on most occasions the videos show/promise more than they deliver, and also it depends on how good I will be able to follow the instructions and do a neat job.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

@HappyWheels, I went there at around 0130 ish.

I also wanted to pick up the compaint for a few minor scratches, but I already had the commerge, which I did not want. And the guys at Compaint were trying to rip me off.

The regular small tin costs 160. These guys were asking me to take the pack and they were also throwing in some other free stuff with it ( something in a tube)

I told them I already had the solvent, so they said they will do me a favour and sell me just the compaint for 250. All I couold do was laugh at the guy and I told him the actual price outside.

He said it may be fake, for which I told him it was his own companies product and I have also purchased from the factory at the same price in Gurgaon and have trid their products even ten years back. Anyway, did not bother taking it.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

^^ So, that 300Rs was a rip off? :(

I got the paint can and then another 'coating' can and also the tube. Anyway, I hope that he color code is the same as that I need, else 300Rs down the drain.

And, guess I missed you by an hour!
Old 19th March 2010, 22:36   #59
BHPian

Just finished uploading the pics of the Bangalore "Freak: Auto show on my laptop. Thought i will take the opportunity to be the first to post some pics here .
I could not add individual captions so please forgive me (Actually if some one could shed light on that it will be great!). The Innova interior was pretty cool. And the bike with teh skull reminded me of American Chopper!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101208.jpg  

Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101202.jpg  

Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101209.jpg  

Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101210.jpg  

Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101211.jpg  

Bangalore International Automotive Expo 2010-120320101199.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 23:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I could not add individual captions so please forgive me (Actually if some one could shed light on that it will be great!).
Instead of using 'Manage Attachments' at the bottom of the posting window, you should use the 3rd icon on top which has tool tip as 'Attachments'. See this link for picture.

Use that option to upload all the photos. Then, as and when you type, where ever you feel you need to insert a photo after the caption, click on the icon again and insert the already uploaded photo there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks