Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 23:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Viswanathan conceded that the Etios has not met its desired financial objectives. He said this was not because the models had failed but because the B-segment in which they feature has been tough to navigate. The competition is high because all brands competing in the segment are more or less similar in
features and quality
Source: Click for complete article.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th June 2014 at 08:19. Reason: Reformatting
Old 6th June 2014, 00:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota future plans for India

I was quite disspointed with the Etios Liva suspension after one year of use. The car has done 600 KM in one year but the terrible roads around my house in Gurgaon have taken a severe toll on it.

But this is India and this was a car for India.

I plan to give it back to the lease company ( AVIS ) and take something else.
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:32   #33
BHPian

Had gone to Amana Toyota Malappuram today to collect my Innova after accident repair.

According to them the following can be expected from Toyota next month (Jan 2015)

1. All black interiors in Fortuner range.

2. 2.5 L D4D engine with 2WD MT & AT.

3. 3.0 L D4D with 4WD AT.

4. Minor changes in the interiors to Innova.

5. All models of all cars (variants) to be equipped with Air Bags.

6. Price rise across the range by 2-3%.

7. Camry Hybrid price might come down in near future because of green subsidy from GOI.

8. New SUV in the range of 50 Lakhs to be introduced in India in Q2 as CBU.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2015 at 15:40. Reason: As requested :)
mroptimist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3.0 L D4D with 4WD MT.
I think you meant 3.0 L 4WD - Auto , if that's true then its a good news

Quote:
New SUV in the range of 50 Lakhs to be introduced in India in Q2 as CBU.
Land-Cruiser Prado ?
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think you meant 3.0 L 4WD - Auto , if that's true then its a good news

Land-Cruiser Prado ?
Yes I meant AT. Thanks for pointing it out. I have already requested mods to edit the post.

Don't know exactly but he said some time in Q2 next year it will be launched. Through some FTA (Free Trade Agreement) or something it's becoming cheaper to import as CBU than CKD for cars costing around 50 lakhs, may be ex-showroom. We have to wait and watch.

Regards.
Old 24th January 2015, 18:38   #36
BHPian

Dear All,

The following are the updates on the below post, Mroptimist San, Please allow me to use your post as a template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Had gone to Amana Toyota Malappuram today to collect my Innova after accident repair.

According to him the following can be expected from Toyota next month (Jan 2015)

1. All black interiors in Fortuner range. ONLY IN 4X4 Variants

2. 2.5 L D4D engine with 2WD MT & AT. WILL BE EQUIPPED WITH TRD SPORTIVO KIT (144 PS ENGINE)

3. 3.0 L D4D with 4WD AT. & MT

4. Minor changes in the interiors to Innova. Completely changed interior theme.

5. All models of all cars (variants) to be equipped with Air Bags.

6. Price rise across the range by 2-3%.

7. Camry Hybrid price might come down in near future because of green subsidy from GOI.

8. New SUV in the range of 50 Lakhs to be introduced in India in Q2 as CBU. No such information yet available

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2015 at 15:40. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 13th May 2015, 10:32   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota draws plans for a new SUV arriving in 2016. In India it will compete in India with established Duster /Terrano duo, Maruti's ACross and Hyundai's iX25.
Toyota's future plans for India-toyotachrcompactsuv620x416.jpg

Quote:
Toyota is to increase participation in the countries where compact SUVs are gaining more fans: emerging. Besides Europe (which will be crossover in place the Urban Cruiser), Brazil, Russia, India and China are strong candidates to receive the model.
Quote:
In Europe, the SUV can get the 1.2 liter turbo engine, as well as other options diesel. Will be available in versions with front-wheel drive or a new traction 4 × 4 and associated with a manual gearbox five-speed automatic or CVT.
Quote:
Based on C-HR concept Concept, revealed at the Paris Salon in 2014, and also a recent teaser, the Japanese publication has projected the next crossover input from Toyota.
http://translate.google.co.in/transl...r/&prev=search
Old 13th May 2015, 14:08   #38
BHPian

This looks like some version of the Rav4 to me I always wondered why was there no Rav4 like option from Toyota in India?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota draws plans for a new SUV arriving in 2016. In India it will compete in India with established Duster /Terrano duo, Maruti's ACross and Hyundai's iX25.
Attachment 1370126
Old 13th May 2015, 15:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Attachment 1370126
Is this really an SUV ?

To me it appears to be a souped up hatch on the lines of Honda Jazz.

Sorry - I would not call this an SUV anyday.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 20:41   #40
BHPian

Maybe the picture is for representation purpose only, need to wait till it is confirmed. But slightly OT
Here is a question - How do you differentiate between a SUV/CUV/MUV by looks without getting into the technical details?
Old 15th May 2015, 11:39   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota is all set to fully localise it's main imported component of the majority of it's car lineup in India - the 1.4L diesel engine. For this, the company is investing 800 crores to set up a new diesel engine manufacturing unit inside their existing plant on the outskirts of Bengaluru.

Powering almost the entire sub-20 lakh range of Toyota India cars - the Etios Liva, the Etios, the coming-soon Vios, the recently-announced compact SUV & the Corolla Altis in different states of tune, the 1.4L diesel engine is an import from Toyota's Japan factory. When localised, it will bring costs down and help Toyota make it's present and future offerings much more competitively priced, and also help with exports.

Quote:
Business Standard confirmed that Toyota has been working on localizing its diesel engines in its Karnataka plant.

“The plant will cater to engine requirements of the Innova and Fortuner models. Currently, we are importing diesel engines for these models from our plant in Japan,” T S Jaishankar, deputy managing director, commercial, mentioned this to them in an interview.

The company is investing INR 800 crores to set-up this new diesel manufacturing facility in the outskirts of Bengaluru, in their existing plant.
2016 will be a critical year for Toyota India, with the new Innova, the Innova Cross, the all-new Fortuner and the Vios coming to our shores.

SOURCE

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th May 2015 at 11:40.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 18:43   #42
BHPian

Had gone to Amana Toyota Malappuram today to collect some sachets of windshield washer fluid to prepare for upcoming monsoon. Met the Marketing Headand had a lengthy talk on TKM's future plans. Here are the excerpts:

1. Lexus will be launched this year.

2. When I probed him about the possible reason for plant shutdown for a week he said it's routine and nothing unusual (no new assembly line addition).

3. As suspected by many fellow BHPians the current Innova's production will stop in about 3 months time to make way for an all new model.

4. Current Innova will continue to be produced in it's commercially popular trim GX for a year mainly catering for taxi segment. No other trim like E, G, VX and ZX of current Innova after 3 months from now.

5. All new Innova will have an ex-showroom price hike of 1-1.5 lakhs translating to no more than 22 lakhs on road for the highest trim.

6. All new Innova will be initially restricted for a year for personal buyers only.

7. All new Innova will come with 6-speed manual and automatic power train.

8. Vios and Rush will be launched next year.

9. Starting from 2016 until 2020 Toyota will launch a total of 30 models (this includes their Lexus range).

10. Current CMD's emphasis on safety will translate to all vehicles getting equipped with ABS as standard from January 2016.

11. As reported in some automotive websites that Etios cross is headed for a major refresh a.l.a i20 Active he sounded surprised and he said that he is clueless about it.

Regards.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2015 at 08:33. Reason: Name removed as requested.
mroptimist is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 21:39   #43
BHPian

Toyota future plans for India.

Quote:
Had gone to Amana Toyota Malappuram today to collect some sachets of windshield washer fluid to prepare for upcoming monsoon. Met Marketing Head and had a lengthy talk on TKM's future plans. Here are the excerpts:

What about the Fortuner and Hiace ?
I guess Innova will be launched during Diwali.
Have already heard 10 people telling "I want one(Innova) from the first lot itself!"��

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2015 at 16:33. Reason: Editing quoted post
Old 6th June 2015, 21:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
What about the Fortuner and Hiace ?
I guess Innova will be launched during Diwali.
Have already heard 10 people telling "I want one (Innova) from the first lot itself!"😂
Apart from Hiace launch in a couple of months probably no other new model will be launched this year (2015). They have been saying this since last few months to a year.

I think Innova will be first launched in Indonesia by August and as per some reports Fortuner will be showcased on July 28 in Thailand in a special event. When these two are going to come to Innova is anybody's guess. Probably in Auto Expo 2016.

TKM officials have been saying that year 2015 will be a year of consolidation and strengthening of present models.

He also showed me an app which might be launched soon.

I think one more compelling reason for TKM to advance the timelines of introduction of Innova and Fortuner will be competition from Chevy's Trailblazer and Spin and Ford's Endeavor. If these models come and dethrone Innova and Fortuner then TKM will think.

Regards.
Old 6th June 2015, 22:30   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Lexus will be launched this year.
Yo Yo, Germans beware

Quote:
4. Current Innova will continue to be produced in it's commercially popular trim GX for a year mainly catering for taxi segment. No other trim like E, G, VX and ZX of current Innova after 3 months from now.
Yep GX is the most sensible variant Wonder what happened to the Innova Cross thing

Quote:
5. All new Innova will have an ex-showroom price hike of 1-1.5 lakhs translating to no more than 22 lakhs on road for the highest trim.
Good

Quote:
7. All new Innova will come with 6-speed manual and automatic power train.

Quote:
8. Vios and Rush will be launched next year.
The Rush....

Welcome Lexus big time to India, and also the Rush. Can't wait to get it here with 1.4D4D.

Weirdly, Don't know what to feel when hearing that Innova will be priced under 22lacs. Relieved or frustrated?

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2015 at 15:45. Reason: Please see the post. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks