Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 19:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
The only difference that tells if a Indica Xeta is not a Taxi, is the colour of the number plate. Call it positioning, imagery, whatever.
I have yet to see a Xeta running yellow plates. It just doesnt makes sense to use a xeta as a taxi, even the LPG/CNG ones, when the diesel one is just a only 30k or so away, with vastly better FE , spares availablity ( including cheaper fakes) and expertise
Old 15th June 2009, 19:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have yet to see a Xeta running yellow plates. It just doesnt makes sense to use a xeta as a taxi, even the LPG/CNG ones, when the diesel one is just a only 30k or so away, with vastly better FE , spares availablity ( including cheaper fakes) and expertise
Here in Gurgaon, i have seen many white Xeta taxis. Almost all of them are CNGs.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:47   #33
BHPian

Always everybody cribs about TATA A.S.S. But I have not experienced any bad thing with TATA compared to I experienced with mycar Maruti A.S.S. Pune.

I own a Vista Quadrajet and my roommate owns Swift VDi. One day one errant biker broke my friends Swifts LHS rear view mirror. And my friend wanted to repair it next day but he was not having time. So I said that I will do it for you. Then I took Swift to mycar. Then after parking I waited for 5 minutes nobody came. Then I approached one person. He then listened to me and said that he would check with the store and let me know and then he went and never came. Then I approached second guy, same experience. And then third person did some try to help me by taking me in person to store. There I shouted like anything. As I have swifts mirror broken I wanted it to change. But Swift needs whole assembly change which requires Rs.1500.

Thanks to TATA. When I go with my Vista in B U Bhandari Pune. Watchmen comes, takes over my car, park it and direct me to reception. Reception offers water, they listen to me and send service guy with me for checking. And they have mirror for replacing mirror not whole assembly.

For joke by this way.. my central locking activator got burned due to some reason. Tata replaced motor without any problem. But any chance this happens to Maruti then they might need to change their whole car door.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

sushant, the indica will also need its entire assembly to be changed. the ORVM of my indica costs about the same. I was looking for an excuse to install the indigo LX ORVM with the stainless steel strip. it cost me about 1.5k. I changed it myself , elseit would have been another 80 bucks labour

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th June 2009 at 21:00.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CNG cars in TVM ?

If you meant LPG; check the price of LPG and diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Here in Gurgaon, i have seen many white Xeta taxis. Almost all of them are CNGs.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
sushant, the indica will also need its entire assembly to be changed. the ORVM of my indica costs about the same. I was looking for an excuse to install the indigo LX ORVM with the stainless steel strip. it cost me about 1.5k. I changed it myself , elseit would have been another 80 bucks labour
I dont think Swaraj Motors are authorised dealers of Tata Motors in TVM. Better go to authorised dealer or TASS
Old 16th June 2009, 07:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

but TASS will charge me labor! , and besides, the part i got was a genuine tata spare. I had tried in popular too, but they didnt have it in stock.

This is from a seperate Tata only shop, across the road from swaraj's multi brand shop. they looked authentic enough
Old 16th June 2009, 10:18   #38
BHPian

I want to know if the headlights of the new Indigo CS can be fitted on the Indica, you know, the type with dual bulbs where hi/lo beam can be kept switched on simultaneously.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Anyone willing to talk about resale value here?
Old 16th June 2009, 10:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

After dealing with various Maruti A.S.S in 4 cities ( Bangalore , Bhopal , Gwalior , Raipur) and G.M ( Opel in Raipur and Gwalior) and Tata A.S.S in Bangalore ( no idea about other places) I would say that Maruti A.S.S being any better or cheap is pure myth. I do not think G.M A.S.S requires any discussion.

Alto/Spark is not a Mercedes in terms of brand value either so If I have to buy today I would happily go for XETA.

Having said that a red color spark always scores more on GF/wife happiness / acceptability quotent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Tata for Truck and Taxi not VFM!
Taxi operators always choose whatever is VFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
XETA will have better resale after 5 years read the reason above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
After dealing with various Maruti A.S.S in 4 cities ( Bangalore , Bhopal , Gwalior , Raipur) and G.M ( Opel in Raipur and Gwalior) and Tata A.S.S in Bangalore ( no idea about other places) I would say that Maruti A.S.S being any better or cheap is pure myth. I do not think G.M A.S.S requires any discussion.

Alto/Spark is not a Mercedes in terms of brand value either so If I have to buy today I would happily go for XETA.

Having said that a red color spark always scores more on GF/wife happiness / acceptability quotient.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 13:29. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 12:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Any vehicle that can be utilized as a commercial vehicle has a far better resale value than a similar one that cannot be so utilized.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Taxi operators always choose whatever is VFM

XETA will have better resale after 5 years read the reason above.

Would any Taxi operator use a Petrol Indica? This would affect their margin big time.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Would any Taxi operator use a Petrol Indica? This would affect their margin big time.
They in-turn convert it into a LPG or CNG.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Will Taxi drivers using Padminis (petrol/CNG) over the years complain about FE in an Indica?? I dont think it will turn any worser either in Petrol or gas converted variants.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
I want to know if the headlights of the new Indigo CS can be fitted on the Indica, you know, the type with dual bulbs where hi/lo beam can be kept switched on simultaneously.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1108429-post6799.html
someone has done IT

I too am on the list. I think the wiring will also have to be changed. Just waiting for the warranty to expire

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks